Exponential Audio Excalibur

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Did any 3rd party ever program presets for Excalibur??

This might be an older Plugin (on discount for weeks now) and it does has some flaws; Yet the #feedback & #routing options are surely one of its own in the Digital World.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

ElevateAudio wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:07 pm Did any 3rd party ever program presets for Excalibur??
Haven't seen any, but there are roughly 400 factory presets.

PS: it's obviously to deep for most of the preset providers (like Molekular or Alchemy2 for example)

2015 is not old and it's also VST3.
H3000 factory was 1st released 2005. (as TDM..i read)
Reverse engineering a larger preset seems impossible.
It can be resized with the mini + button top left.
No Init preset?..wtf
- WonderEcho -

Klinke1 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:56 pm 2015 is not old and it's also VST3.
H3000 factory was 1st released 2005. (as TDM..i read)
Reverse engineering a larger preset seems impossible.
It can be resized with the mini + button top left.
No Init preset?..wtf
I picked this up last week, I think it's quite good so far.

Just to address some of your questions, the INIT preset is called "Pass Through" -- literally it is passing through the dry signal, haha.

Anyway, as for reverse engineering, the key is to take time to understand signal flow and routing works in Excalibur. There are some helpful videos online (some posted somewhere in this thread, if I recall) -- once you get that down, the plugin becomes really simple to use.

I wanted to delve some more into Exponentional Audio's offerings and just got Excalibur & also want to get into R4 a bit more.

My problem at the moment: the GUI of Excalibur is incredibly laggy & slow running in Ableton 11 (particularly the preset system - clicking will change presets with a 2-3 seconds delay, using arrow keys produces surreal results.) I checked running an older Ableton 9 & 10 installs - there everything runs pretty snappy.

Did anybody else experience this & has a hint/solution? Thank you :)!

Return to “Effects”