AudioThing releases Frostbite - Ring Mod, Feedback, Freeze multi-effect - Update v1.5.1

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
audiothing
KVRian
1292 posts since 13 Apr, 2011

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:32 am

Frostbite is a multi-effect plugin featuring Ring Modulator, Feedback, and Freeze modules. It’s aimed at ambience and cinematic music, but can also be used for extreme sonic experiments. The Signal Flow is flexible with 6 different combinations.
The Ring Modulator multiplies your input signal with a Sine wave (with frequency up to 4kHz). You can also reduce the high-end with the Low Pass filter.
The Feedback module features a delay function (up to 200 samples) which can be modulated by an LFO.
The Freeze module features a Freeze effect that can hold the input up to 25 seconds. The Fade Out and High Pass controls can additionally shape the behaviour of the freezed sound.

Details
  • - Price: $35/ €35 (VAT inc.)
    - Ring Modulator
    - Feedback
    - Freeze
    - Preset system with randomizer
    - Formats: VST, AU, and AAX (32/64bit)
    - Platforms: OSX, Windows
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVGdDarsl2c
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/audiothing/sets/frostbite

Product Page: http://www.audiothing.net/effects/frostbite/
Last edited by audiothing on Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:27 am, edited 13 times in total.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX Plugins)
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter

aMUSEd
KVRAF
30502 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Re: AudioThing releases Frostbite - Ring Mod, Feedback, Freeze multi-effect

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:15 pm

Very nice, although it could do with a lock on the limiter and volume controls to isolate them from patch changes and randomisations.

Naenyn
KVRian
939 posts since 26 Sep, 2013 from Arizona, USA

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:16 pm

This is awesome. I've always had a weakness for "ice"-style sounds.. I will be picking this up as soon as I get home from the office! Keep up the great work, AT. Love your plugins!
Last edited by Naenyn on Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid
KVRAF
25895 posts since 20 Jan, 2008 from a star near where you are

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:18 pm

Naenyn wrote:This is awesome. I've always had a weakness for "ice"-style sounds..
To add gloss you mean?

In case, can it be compared to Shimmer by Valhalla ?

Sendy
KVRAF
5230 posts since 20 Jul, 2010

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:26 pm

Numanoid wrote:
Naenyn wrote:This is awesome. I've always had a weakness for "ice"-style sounds..
To add gloss you mean?

In case, can it be compared to Shimmer by Valhalla ?
Shimmer is a completely different kettle of fish - pitch shifted feedback. Tends to need a lot of space, because it... creates a lot of space :hihi:

Though I'd imagine running shimmer through Frostbite would be enough to freeze your socks off. Just add some cold squarewave fifth pads... ahh... coldness heaven :love:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Numanoid
KVRAF
25895 posts since 20 Jan, 2008 from a star near where you are

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:28 pm

Sendy wrote:Just add some cold squarewave fifth pads... ahh... coldness heaven :love:
Sounds lovely, call me anytime 8)

Sendy
KVRAF

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:11 pm

I have a problem with the Frostbite installer. I've unzipped it, but every time I run it, my computer just goes into an endless hourglass, I can't terminate the process, and my computer takes ages to shut down (like it's having to fight the process). Tried it three times so I think something might be wrong with the installer.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

audiothing
KVRian

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:36 pm

Thank you for the kind words guys!
Sendy wrote:I have a problem with the Frostbite installer. I've unzipped it, but every time I run it, my computer just goes into an endless hourglass, I can't terminate the process, and my computer takes ages to shut down (like it's having to fight the process). Tried it three times so I think something might be wrong with the installer.
I'm sorry to hear you are having problems installing Frostbite. I assume you are on Windows, right? Which version? Also, where exactly does it hang? Right after you click on the installer or during the copying of the files?

audiothing
KVRian

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:40 pm

aMUSEd wrote:Very nice, although it could do with a lock on the limiter and volume controls to isolate them from patch changes and randomisations.
Yeah probably the randomizer shouldn't change wet/dry and limiter. I'll add this to the todo list for an update.

Sendy
KVRAF

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:58 pm

audiothing wrote:Thank you for the kind words guys!
Sendy wrote:I have a problem with the Frostbite installer. I've unzipped it, but every time I run it, my computer just goes into an endless hourglass, I can't terminate the process, and my computer takes ages to shut down (like it's having to fight the process). Tried it three times so I think something might be wrong with the installer.
I'm sorry to hear you are having problems installing Frostbite. I assume you are on Windows, right? Which version? Also, where exactly does it hang? Right after you click on the installer or during the copying of the files?
Windows 7 64-bit. It hangs as soon as I click on the icon - nothing appears and no disk activity happens, just the endless hourglass. I made sure nothing else was running. Except perhaps my Antivirus program is messing it up. It's in silent/gaming mode, but next time I'll try turning it off completely.

audiothing
KVRian

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:40 pm

Sendy wrote:Windows 7 64-bit. It hangs as soon as I click on the icon - nothing appears and no disk activity happens, just the endless hourglass. I made sure nothing else was running. Except perhaps my Antivirus program is messing it up. It's in silent/gaming mode, but next time I'll try turning it off completely.
I just (re)tested on Win 7 64-bit and the installer was fine. Might be the antivirus although that's the first time I hear of this problem with our installers.

lazymarc
KVRist
89 posts since 1 Aug, 2011

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:58 pm

is a demo version in planning

audiothing
KVRian

Post Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:19 pm

lazymarc wrote:is a demo version in planning
Yes indeed. Probably during the weekend or definitely next week.

audiothing
KVRian

Post Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:24 am

There was a problem with the stereo processed sound in some of the demo (which ended up being mono) so we have updated all audio demos and the youtube video.

Neon Breath
KVRAF
3098 posts since 15 Sep, 2010

Post Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:27 am

I don't understand what the Freeze module does, from the audio demo I’ve heard.

Is it holding up to 25 second of the incoming audio and we then can scrub into it? Or it is freezing the audio and it’s then looped non-stop, like a freeze guitar pedal?

Return to “Effects”