Toneboosters VoicePitcher

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB VoicePitcher v3

has anyone tried this? Toneboosters VoicePitcher

(doesn't want to link through?)

Yes. It has a clear sound & is an easy to use, realtime effect-- fills a niche for sure.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

this one really comes just in time - i'm looking for a voice pitch shifter because i wasn't satisfied with logic's on board solutions - just as it's shown on the toneboosters website :D i guess, they will soon have sold another plugin :tu:

I usually cannot wait for a new TB release, but this one I don't know...
For what reason does one voice pitch shifting? Solely for drastic effects? Or is there a scenario where I could use it in more traditional pop songs? (Apart from what e.g. Cubase offers me with its builtin pitch correction and offline pitch shifting).

fese wrote:I usually cannot wait for a new TB release, but this one I don't know...
For what reason does one voice pitch shifting? Solely for drastic effects? Or is there a scenario where I could use it in more traditional pop songs? (Apart from what e.g. Cubase offers me with its builtin pitch correction and offline pitch shifting).
one example could be when you only have acapella voice tracks and you want to write the actual music - however the vocals just wouldn't fit in the key you have in mind for the instruments/melody. remixing would be another scenario where this plugin could come in very handy. of course, if you only have full arrangements with vocals and instruments already in the same key etc. then you wouldn't see the necessity to use this... but even then you can also use the plugin to create fake harmonies so the vocals sound polyphonic. the problems with many pitch shifters become obvious when you take a look at the examples at the tb site: very often you get unwanted artifacts and/or the results just sound unnatural

fese wrote:I usually cannot wait for a new TB release, but this one I don't know...
Vocal octave doubling, automation (eg for EDM style risers), tape stop effects, gender bending

rappers use it a lot.. like quasimoto or captain murphy
Beats Of The Heart - Reggae Documentary (1977)
Post-Dilla: A Comprehensive Guide to the Beat Generation:

i wonder how would it work on turning a guitar into a bass guitar
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:i wonder how would it work on turning a guitar into a bass guitar
in this particular case i think there would be better alternatives, since the tb plugin is pretty much solely dedicated to vocals - hence the formant controls for example

After a couple of weeks of testing and use, I just thought I'd post here, for the benefit of future (or current) forum-searchers looking for a good vocal pitch-shifter, that Toneboosters' VoicePitcher is, as far as I'm concerned, outstanding. It's specifically designed for voice, and I think it does an excellent job.

As someone who has tried, used, and, to be fair, often been happy with several similar plugins -- QuikQuak's Pitchwheel, ZPlane's Elastique Pitch, SoundToys' Little Alterboy come to mind -- I've been coming back to VoicePitcher repeatedly in recent weeks for vocal effects (and not, I think, just because it's the shiniest new toy). So, highly recommended.

(NOTE: I have no association or affiliation with ToneBoosters; I don't even own any of their other plugins. This is just a recommendation based on personal experience.)

Does it have anything new to offer, say, a Melodyne owner?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

lingyai wrote:Does it have anything new to offer, say, a Melodyne owner?
Its more specialized so it can be faster. You drop it in a rack and start tweaking in seconds.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote:
Its more specialized so it can be faster. You drop it in a rack and start tweaking in seconds.
Anything else? The reason I ask is that in my case, I have Melodyne integrated into Sonar, so the workflow is quick and seamless.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

lingyai wrote:
Michael L wrote:
Anything else? The reason I ask is that in my case, I have Melodyne integrated into Sonar, so the workflow is quick and seamless.
Melodyn doesnt process a realtime audio stream, this does
Amazon: why not use an alternative

This is wholly subjective and very well may be all in my head and have no basis in fact, but I've never really found Melodyne to sound that great for simple, wholesale pitchshifting of an entire vocal (as opposed to note-by-note edits), at least not without lots of tweaking (granted, I use Melodyne as a plug-in, not built-in).

VoicePitcher is, to me, very easy and natural sounding. But why not try it yourself... Toneboosters has very generous demo capabilities on its plugins, including VoicePitcher.

Return to “Effects”