Introducing T-RackS Stealth Limiter - Available now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If there is no ISP catcher, -0.3 to -0.4 dB will be sufficient. If you're mastering for iTunes or YouTube, then set it at -1 dB.
It's easy if you know how

Yeah I did read somewhere recently for MP3 and YouTube peaks should be maxed at -1.0 dbFS otherwise you risk clipping in conversion. In which case it might be rejected, or may not even play.
Last edited by simon.a.billington on Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I believe the one part of my post you quoted is out of context - of course we are talking about applying dithering when going from a higher bit depth to a lower/lesser bit depth. That was assumed throughout the discussion.

Apologies, I sincerely thought the section of the manual I've quoted twice covers your concern clearly with "the controls in this section allow to set the level of the dithering noise depending on the bit depth the material will be reduced" but I see it does not. If you look at the controls to which that statement applies, you can choose 24 or 16, with should alleviate the confusion.

Sure, you can rely on your DAW and play it safe but the dither section of Stealth Limiter were made to augment that and get the best possible sound.
Hello Peter ,

Are there any plans to update the Stealth limiter? Could use better metering options, a resizable interface and a lot of other stuff I'm sure you can think of....

Personally I’d like to see a “mini mode” where all I pretty much see is the meters, clip indicator and the bypass button that I can put somewhere in the corner of my screen, so I can keep an eye on it as I mix.

The same thing for the Brickwall.

Return to “Effects”