Does anyone use Xfer Cthulhu?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What do you use it for? I am trying it out, and for one I can't seem to get the chords to sound the way I want, they seem rather scattered. Is this just because I am not used to it?? or is there some sort of trick I am missing here in terms of how to get used to the chords that the midi notes trigger?

the preset chords don't relate to MIDI note
in the bach chorale presets
they are mapped in the order they occur in the chorale
if you map your own chords you can do what you like

i use max4live step sequencers to trigger cthulhu

dave

I don`t have or have tried cthulhu...but considering it`s a MIDI generator and it sounds "scattered" it seemed to me you might need to set your sample rate in your soundcard device to something a bit faster starting @ 512 samples or lower.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote:I don`t have or have tried cthulhu...but considering it`s a MIDI generator and it sounds "scattered" it seemed to me you might need to set your sample rate in your soundcard device to something a bit faster starting @ 512 samples or lower.
That would make perfect sense, but I meant its chords with the Bach Chorales, they didn't sound 'ordered' but dave dove was spot on.

Does this work as a proper Logic X MFX yet?

aMUSEd wrote:Does this work as a proper Logic X MFX yet?
http://www.kvraudio.com/news/xfer-recor ... port-24656
MIDI FX version of Cthulhu for Logic X - no more IAC needed.

Thanks - there seems to be contradictory information - on their site it still says:
Logic Users: Please note, MIDI in Logic requires use of the IAC Bus, since AudioUnits do not support MIDI from plugins. You will experience minor timing issues and a little bit of additional routing (about 7 mouseclicks) to use Cthulhu.

shonoob wrote:
annode wrote:I don`t have or have tried cthulhu...but considering it`s a MIDI generator and it sounds "scattered" it seemed to me you might need to set your sample rate in your soundcard device to something a bit faster starting @ 512 samples or lower.
That would make perfect sense, but I meant its chords with the Bach Chorales, they didn't sound 'ordered' but dave dove was spot on.
That also would have made perfect sense if you actually had said that. :dog: :D
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote:
shonoob wrote:
That also would have made perfect sense if you actually had said that. :dog: :D
Yeah my apologies :) , I was trying to be somewhat vague so that I got a wide-spread of answers towards Cthulhu as a whole, since I am still getting familiar with it, and just want to know everything I can about it! :tu: :D

i have it and its aweome

Logic 9 needed the iac for cthulhu

Logic X doesnt

I just load it on a midi track as a midi FX in logic X

if u want to record the midi output of it just load the free "midi fx freeze" (http://www.audiocr.com/midi-fx-freeze/)
Look at the youtube vid, its so simple
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Knowing a bit about music theory helps when using stuff like this too.
:borg:

Knowing a bit about music theory helps when using stuff like this too.
why?

dave

I love Cthulhu, but only use it as one of the most functional arps out there. I've never used the chord generator - I prefer to play around with my own chord progressions and voicings.

ImNotDedYet wrote:I love Cthulhu, but only use it as one of the most functional arps out there. I've never used the chord generator - I prefer to play around with my own chord progressions and voicings.
U should really checkout the bach coral, fastest way to do some Daft-punk-ish stuff
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

realmarco wrote:i have it and its aweome

Logic 9 needed the iac for cthulhu

Logic X doesnt

I just load it on a midi track as a midi FX in logic X

if u want to record the midi output of it just load the free "midi fx freeze" (http://www.audiocr.com/midi-fx-freeze/)
Look at the youtube vid, its so simple
Man don't give away too much, lol jk but Cthulhu is great and works just fine in logic X as a midi fx :tu:

Return to “Effects”