What's up with Ohm Force?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I wonder if Ohm Force is going to update its effects? Are they still developing at all?

Tested their effects a long time ago, and I liked them very much, but I couldn't afford them at that time. Somehow I came across their page, and saw that the effects still look the same.

I could live with the ugly GUI, since the sound is quite unique. My main concern is to spend money for a company that has stopped to develop their effects. Are they just concentrating on their DAW? Or stopped everything all together?

Cheers
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

I've wondered the same thing. Their stuff is pretty old at this stage.

I wish they'd update Ohmicide and Ohmboyz. Although I still consider Ohmicide one of the better distortion units around. Pity about the ghastly interface.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

It is probably quite hard to pick yourselves up after failing so badly with your headline product (Ohm studio)
Duh

bungle wrote:It is probably quite hard to pick yourselves up after failing so badly with your headline product (Ohm studio)
is it a failure? looked like it worked pretty well but i have no idea what the market is like for such a product.

i love their plug ins though and use them all the time. to my ears they've always sounded better than most of what's out there. GUIs could be improved here or there but all the functions are there and lot's of modulation etc.. the delay is amazing. their stuff just sounds so good. it has a certain presence that stands out.

i hope they push through and update/release new stuff.

I would say it was a commercial failure.. it never caught on.

An update to their effects lineup would be fantastic though.. GUI scalability, oversampling, improved filters would be my desire.

Yep, they should concentrate on their plugins range. Ohm Studio? Sorry..
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

bungle wrote:It is probably quite hard to pick yourselves up after failing so badly with your headline product (Ohm studio)
I had no interest in something like this... I guess others felt the same.

Plugin updates and something new (plugins, not 'weird' DAW thingey) - yes please! :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I want to see some updates to Ohmicide and Quad Frohmage. These are the only two i really like..
:borg:

I would also want to see plugin update and development from Ohmforce! ..might buy back Ohmicide! :) ..and who knows?!...

V0RT3X wrote:I want to see some updates to Ohmicide and Quad Frohmage. These are the only two i really like..
Yes mate!! Quadformage has so much potential. Filters need an update as usability. But it could be a beast! :tu:

Robmobius wrote:Yes mate!! Quadformage has so much potential. Filters need an update as usability. But it could be a beast! :tu:
Usability, that's what I remember having troubles with some of their plugins. I wasn't able to understand the workflow with them in a couple short tests. The presets gave a great idea, I just had a hard time to design own cool sounding presets.

That was also supporting my no-go, that was primarily the price. I didn't want to spend money for plugins I wasn't able to understand right from the beginning.

Not sure if the sound itself needs an overhaul, surely I'd like to see a GUI overhaul, that makes working with it much easier.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

I think they failed to make the right moves and didn't keep the momentum going when the product was first being talked about. They had a similar thing going on like Bitwig. I think the cloud aspect where you automatically have to make an account and be connected to an online community was a turnoff. Collaborating with random strangers, Isn't the greatest concept when it comes to copyrights and other issues that surely would popup like a zit. Forgot all about the product!

stardustmedia wrote: Usability, that's what I remember having troubles with some of their plugins. I wasn't able to understand the workflow with them in a couple short tests. The presets gave a great idea, I just had a hard time to design own cool sounding presets.

That was also supporting my no-go, that was primarily the price. I didn't want to spend money for plugins I wasn't able to understand right from the beginning.
That's very true... I've had Ohmicide for years and it took me ages to figure it out. But as you said, the usability is really poor and unintuitive. Even now I could program my own sounds but jaysus it's so tedious. Like yourself I just do the whole preset run...

Or slap on Decapitator. :D

At 99e I think it's a overpriced because of the GUI and lack of updates, etc.

It's an incredibly stupid idea. And the crap website reinforces that feeling that it's a dead abandoned product.

spirit wrote:It's an incredibly stupid idea. And the crap website reinforces that feeling that it's a dead abandoned product.
Well... You said what I was thinking. But didn't have the balls to post. :tu:

Return to “Effects”