What's up with Ohm Force?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

spirit wrote:It's an incredibly stupid idea. And the crap website reinforces that feeling that it's a dead abandoned product.
I also get the same feeling. So I posted here, in the hope, that someone here has some insight to Ohmforce. Or better someone from Ohmforce is reading. I haven't found an official Ohmforce forum. Also not a pro for Ohmforce.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

stardustmedia wrote:
spirit wrote:It's an incredibly stupid idea. And the crap website reinforces that feeling that it's a dead abandoned product.
I also get the same feeling. So I posted here, in the hope, that someone here has some insight to Ohmforce. Or better someone from Ohmforce is reading. I haven't found an official Ohmforce forum. Also not a pro for Ohmforce.

Does feel like a dead site.... With such lack of plugin support I'd honestly be reluctant to buy anything else from them.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I was a fan of their synth and distortion FX.

They do have the odd sale ... I picked up predatohm and symptohm last year. So not quite dead ... it would be nice to see some updates. Bigger/resizable GUIs for example.

Robmobius wrote:
stardustmedia wrote: Usability, that's what I remember having troubles with some of their plugins. I wasn't able to understand the workflow with them in a couple short tests. The presets gave a great idea, I just had a hard time to design own cool sounding presets.

That was also supporting my no-go, that was primarily the price. I didn't want to spend money for plugins I wasn't able to understand right from the beginning.
That's very true... I've had Ohmicide for years and it took me ages to figure it out. But as you said, the usability is really poor and unintuitive. Even now I could program my own sounds but jaysus it's so tedious. Like yourself I just do the whole preset run...

Or slap on Decapitator. :D

At 99e I think it's a overpriced because of the GUI and lack of updates, etc.
My thoughts as well. I bought all of their plugs a year or two ago (it was inevitable) and have barely used them because they just didn't click intuitively like almost every other plugin that I have. Ohmacide is the only one that I've actually used on a track, and I pretty much understand it, but the others made me loose interest and go with other tools. Even their preset system is obtuse. I think there is a ton of potential there and I'll eventually revisit these, but...yeah, they seem dead. No updates that I can recall since I've had them, and there's huge potential for improvement. They kind of leave a bad taste in my mouth when I scroll through my list of effects. I hope to get over that.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Was just trying to figure out the same thing -- seems like nothing's changed in a year?

I own completeohm from back in the day, but I haven't used anything except ohmicide in a long time, so I thought I should try installing all the other stuff to revisit it. But it apparently none of it has been updated since 2013, so long ago that the installers aren't even registered to an apple identified developer and trip the security dialog. (Looks like the win installers have more recent dates.) What happened to these guys? I really liked the sound of these things.

tylenol wrote: But it apparently none of it has been updated since 2013, so long ago that the installers aren't even registered to an apple identified developer and trip the security dialog.
What do you mean by that? That when you try to install the plugins you would have to right-click and choose open in order to run the installers? If you're referring to that specific thing then that's not a sign that the installers are outdated. In fact, the majority of installers I use today (very often from small/indie developers) don't have an official certificate either and you would have to go that way as well. Or were you talking about something else?

EDIT:
That's not to say that the Ohm Force installers are not outdated - they surely are ;) But the security check isn't an indicator for that IMO.

Sim.Sky wrote:
tylenol wrote: But it apparently none of it has been updated since 2013, so long ago that the installers aren't even registered to an apple identified developer and trip the security dialog.
What do you mean by that? That when you try to install the plugins you would have to right-click and choose open in order to run the installers? If you're referring to that specific thing then that's not a sign that the installers are outdated. In fact, the majority of installers I use today (very often from small/indie developers) don't have an official certificate either and you would have to go that way as well. Or were you talking about something else?

EDIT:
That's not to say that the Ohm Force installers are not outdated - they surely are ;) But the security check isn't an indicator for that IMO.
Well, I didn't mean anything deep by it except that the plugins have barely even been updated since gatekeeper was introduced at all, it's not intended as a judgment on developers who don't sign their releases. (I think I'm lucky enough to mainly be using stuff from developers who have sorted this out so I haven't thought very hard about it.)

tylenol wrote:Well, I didn't mean anything deep by it except that the plugins have barely even been updated since gatekeeper was introduced at all, it's not intended as a judgment on developers who don't sign their releases. (I think I'm lucky enough to mainly be using stuff from developers who have sorted this out so I haven't thought very hard about it.)
Never mind, I didn't read any judgement out of your post either :tu: Just wanted to share my thoughts to maybe clear things up a bit - but I guess that's not really necessary :)

They had better concentrate on their plugins. This DAW Zombie is/was really nothing what bring/brought them commercial success.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I still find occasional preset packs for ohm boyz delay that are really good. blort blort posted a really good granular style delay pack that exploits the LFO's ability to make the delay buffer alternate between forward and reverse. Really unique textures that bring the rubbery sound of ohm boys to the forefront

I don't even use their plugins anymore because of the tiny little gee-yoo eyes that they don't seem to give a damn about updating. It's a shame because I really like Ohm Force a lot because they were one of the few creative software developers of all time. I'm really wondering how many people actually use Ohm Studio. For those that do, more power to them and I hope they"re enjoying it. I thought about trying it one time, but quickly gave up on the idea because of the fact that they're just not developing and updating things, so it would be like buying into a dead end. That's just my opinion.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

tylenol wrote:Was just trying to figure out the same thing -- seems like nothing's changed in a year?

I own completeohm from back in the day, but I haven't used anything except ohmicide in a long time, so I thought I should try installing all the other stuff to revisit it. But it apparently none of it has been updated since 2013, so long ago that the installers aren't even registered to an apple identified developer and trip the security dialog. (Looks like the win installers have more recent dates.) What happened to these guys? I really liked the sound of these things.
There seems to have been no noticeable development in regards of new plugins or feature updates.

But I'm pretty sure that when I recently reinstalled Hematohm I looked at all the other installers I own and they were all updated in the beginning of this year. Too lazy to actually check it out but they were definitely newer versions than my latest installers backup.
No signature here!

Hematohm wont load for me in Bitwig, apparently is a known issue.
No one cares :(
Amazon: why not use an alternative

i still use them a lot. they're great sounding plug ins with a lot of solid features.

ohmicide, ohmboys delay.. man.. still magic

some irregularities with guis here or there but mostly ok.

updates for little bug fixes would be great though. and something new? would be cool too. talented developers.

Return to “Effects”