eaReckon - EAReverb 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EAReverb 2

PFozz wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:07 am Many thanks for the kind words!
Is there anything I can do to obtain smoother curves already from the first automation recording, without having to perfect them with the pencil later?
I'm not sure there is something I can change in the plug-in that could help.
I've tried to find some information on the web but even if the problem has been reported elsewhere (with other plug-ins), it seems other Logic users do the same as you do (by post editing the curve). I just found quite old threads, though.
Wouldn't it be possible to create x and y automatable parameters for the location dot? I use VEP and need to manually create automation parameters for all of the location-affected parameters for them to appear in my host, which is very time-consuming. If I could control only 2 parameters (x & y positions) which would themselves control the other ones, it would save me a lot of trouble.

Does anybody know how the sound of Eareverb 2 compares with Solid State SSL Flexverb?
Or in other words: does it make sense to buy Flexverb if you already own Eareverb?

Speaking of EAReverb 2: does anybody know if they are still updating it? I'm asking especially with regard to compatibility with the new Macs (Monterey OS and – different question – maybe M1 chip). Does anybody use it on the new Macs? Or, at least, on recent versions of Mac OS (Catalina, for example)?

Alfa Romeo wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:05 pm Does anybody know how the sound of Eareverb 2 compares with Solid State SSL Flexverb?
Or in other words: does it make sense to buy Flexverb if you already own Eareverb?
I just brought them both up to compare. They sound surprisingly alike! That's the raw reverb sound, hall specically. I havent compared more. and also they both have a different feature-set around the reverb, so there are those differences to consider. You probably need both.

PFozz is worryingly quiet, hope everything's alright. I see that he still visits KVR (last active Nov 26).

I'd love EARevolve's ""New "GUI Size" control that can be used to resize the interface (50, 100, 150, 200%)."" to make its way to EAReverb too. :pray:

plexuss wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:53 am
Alfa Romeo wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:05 pm Does anybody know how the sound of Eareverb 2 compares with Solid State SSL Flexverb?
I just brought them both up to compare. They sound surprisingly alike! That's the raw reverb sound, hall specically. I havent compared more. and also they both have a different feature-set around the reverb, so there are those differences to consider. You probably need both.
Haha yeah, I actually did buy the SSL Flexverb. The offer was too good to pass. Eareverb2 is already my go-to reverb for a few years. Not sure whether Flexverb really brings anything new to the table but we'll see. Did like the idea of the compressor built in. Thanks for the response.

XComposer wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:40 pm Speaking of EAReverb 2: does anybody know if they are still updating it? I'm asking especially with regard to compatibility with the new Macs (Monterey OS and – different question – maybe M1 chip). Does anybody use it on the new Macs? Or, at least, on recent versions of Mac OS (Catalina, for example)?
I have no issues running EAReverb 2 on Catalina.

Winstontaneous wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:02 pm
XComposer wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:40 pm Speaking of EAReverb 2: does anybody know if they are still updating it? I'm asking especially with regard to compatibility with the new Macs (Monterey OS and – different question – maybe M1 chip). Does anybody use it on the new Macs? Or, at least, on recent versions of Mac OS (Catalina, for example)?
I have no issues running EAReverb 2 on Catalina.
Thank you very much, good news for me. I'm still on Mojave, but planning to update my Mac OS when I finish the presently ongoing works.

2.2.0 update out (I'll let Philippe officially announce it). Typo on page 31 in the English manual (interfcae).

e@rs wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:11 am 2.2.0 update out (I'll let Philippe officially announce it). Typo on page 31 in the English manual (interfcae).
"Native Apple Silicon (M1) support (AU, VST2, VST3)."

Yes!

(I'll let Philippe officially announce it too, but that news is too good not to share!)
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Many thanks for your messages.
The typo has been corrected on my website (EARebound, EAReverb 2, TransReckon - English manuals) :oops:

All the following plugins (not the freebies) have been updated : EARevolve, EAReverb 2, EARebound, TransReckon, EAReverb SE (AU/VST2 plugin only), Analog87 Series (AU/VST2 plugins only).

I mostly wanted existing users to be able to use these plugins on recent systems (Apple Silicon, macOS 10.9 up to 12, ...).

The official information can be found in my "version history" PDF documents (I know e@rs and revvy already know about it ^^) : there is a version number on the product pages (eareckon.com), just under the download (demo/manual) buttons. By clicking on it, you can access a PDF document.

There is also a new "compatibility information" page on the website that will provide up-to-date information about compatibility.

I will keep updating the KVR database (current version number, compatibility, ...) which sounds like a nice way for users (who want it) to be notified about updates ("My KVR" > "Options" > "Email when").

Thanks again!
All the best,
Philippe

Wonderful! What should a registered owner do to update? Just download and install it over the existing former version, right?
And, since I am still on Mojave at present, will I see any other change, apart from compatibility with new computers and OS versions? Maybe any changes on the automation when used within Logic?

Hi XComposer,

All the changes are mentioned in the "version history" document:
https://www.eareckon.com/docs/EAReverb2-VH.pdf
If you have a Retina display, the GUI should look better and there is a new "interface size" control.

Apart from this (and all the mentionned compatibility improvements), nothing new should be observed. The automation should work the same with v2.2.0.
Just download and install it over the existing former version, right?
Exact. You just have to run the PKG.
However, I would advise to restart your computer just after updating. It usually helps to refresh the AU cache (which is important, especially on a M1 Mac, when updating from an Intel only binary to a Universal 2 binary). At least, this is what I observed here (and it is not "eaReckon" specific).

All the best,
Philippe

PFozz wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:31 pm Hi XComposer,

All the changes are mentioned in the "version history" document:
https://www.eareckon.com/docs/EAReverb2-VH.pdf
If you have a Retina display, the GUI should look better and there is a new "interface size" control.

Apart from this (and all the mentionned compatibility improvements), nothing new should be observed. The automation should work the same with v2.2.0.
Just download and install it over the existing former version, right?
Exact. You just have to run the PKG.
However, I would advise to restart your computer just after updating. It usually helps to refresh the AU cache (which is important, especially on a M1 Mac, when updating from an Intel only binary to a Universal 2 binary). At least, this is what I observed here (and it is not "eaReckon" specific).

All the best,
Philippe
Thank you very much, going to install the update!

Spent a tiny bit of time with EAReverb 2 and TransReckon (both VST3) and noticed that they don't seem to remember the selected size above 100% when inserting new instances. Is that by design or it's a bug? I hope it's a bug because it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to reset to 100% all the time. Studio One 4 on Win 7 x64 here (unsupported, I know).

Return to “Effects”