Best ITB Stomp Emulations

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

apologies, didn't have enough coffee. multiple times, apparently :D
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

:lol:

That happens to all of us now and then... :-D
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

"There is no such thing as enough coffee"
(ancient programmer's proverb) :lol:

Best ITB Stomp Emulation?
To me, definitely "The Scream" by Cytomic.

A slight tangent, but I have given up on distortion emulations other than to get an approximation while recording. After recording I’ll remove the software effect then re-amp with a hardware pedal, recording the result once I’ve tweaked it to where I want it.
Sweet child in time...

Audiority wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:10 pm "There is no such thing as enough coffee"
(ancient programmer's proverb) :lol:
believe it or not, for me it's actually more of a turn of phrase than an actual reality - i am a software developer, but i don't really like coffee that much :D
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

says he, under the stark influence of several cups of black tea...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

my tea of choice is actually wild berry tea, sans caffeine :P

Deep Purple wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:07 pm A slight tangent, but I have given up on distortion emulations other than to get an approximation while recording. After recording I’ll remove the software effect then re-amp with a hardware pedal, recording the result once I’ve tweaked it to where I want it.
My man. :tu: I do the same, so I don't need to worry about the quality of plugins much. Any approximation of the sound is good enough for me. That's why I find Kuassa and Ignite Amps plugins pretty good for the task. Sometimes the plugin can sound as good, though. Both worlds can be useful at times. :wink:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

I think software is getting closer to hardware, but it's not quite there yet. Especially for some of the very unique sounding pedals that are valued because they sound like nothing else.
Sweet child in time...

Burillo wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:37 pm my tea of choice is actually wild berry tea, sans caffeine :P
Who would have thought you're such a pussyycat. :-D

jens wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:41 pm
Burillo wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:37 pm my tea of choice is actually wild berry tea, sans caffeine :P
Who would have thought you're such a pussyycat. :-D
appearances can be deceptive...

Another vote for the Kuassa stomps, especially when used in conjunction with Vermillion and Caliburn, both of which nail it for Fender and Marshall sims. IMHO.

Additionally, Kush's Omega 458A brings the magic. Put one or two of these in front of a sim, then dial up saturation for the yummiest ear candy imaginable.

Return to “Effects”