Opinions on Trash 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That’s probably one of the best bargains I’ve seen in a long time. I wonder if it’s an indication that Trash 3 is in the pipeline...? :hyper:

Forgotten wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:48 pm That’s probably one of the best bargains I’ve seen in a long time. I wonder if it’s an indication that Trash 3 is in the pipeline...? :hyper:
Or it’s being discontinued.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

When I upgraded to Trash 2, I hadn’t realized it was not compatible with Trash presets. Kind of odd, IMO.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I bought it yesterday (for about £8) and so far i'm impressed. I think the textures and "subtle" i'll definitely find a use for. I like Izotope so far.

I never took a second glance at this because I figured, I am pretty well covered with distortions and creative multi effects.
I try to make a habit of not buying what I don't need.
But of course at $9 (less with a little Plugin Boutique virtual currency lying around) plus the bonus of a couple of AAS packs, I figured OK, why not?

And, wow! This thing is really cool!
Even with probably 5 to 10 other plugins that I have that I figured covered the same exact territory as this, this thing is really useful and sounds great.
I haven't even got past the presets yet, but the presets alone are great.
Really glad I bit on this one.
Thanks Izotope. Thanks Plugin Boutique.

Spring Goose wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:31 pm I bought it yesterday (for about £8) and so far i'm impressed. I think the textures and "subtle" i'll definitely find a use for. I like Izotope so far.
You really start to see how great it is if you get past the presets and roll your own - it’s incredibly versatile.

Forgotten wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:35 am
Spring Goose wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:31 pm I bought it yesterday (for about £8) and so far i'm impressed. I think the textures and "subtle" i'll definitely find a use for. I like Izotope so far.
You really start to see how great it is if you get past the presets and roll your own - it’s incredibly versatile.
Thanks, I hadn't gotten that far yet.

Spring Goose wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:33 am
Forgotten wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:35 am
Thanks, I hadn't gotten that far yet.
Definitely worth spending some time on, and sometimes I do some tweaking to presets that are close to what I want, but not quite there.

Forgotten wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:21 am
Definitely worth spending some time on, and sometimes I do some tweaking to presets that are close to what I want, but not quite there.
I'll give it a try!

Trash is a load of rubbish....

But it's also my favourite distortion plugin...

Great on everything :wink:
No auto tune...

Trash 2 is so great, even being old as sht it's top 3 distortion plugin IMO, even against recently released stuff. I really wish they would update it though, DSP has come pretty far in THE LAST DECADE 😂. Come on Izotope! Where is Trash 3?!

trackbout wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:02 am Where is Trash 3?!
On a developer's computer in Cambridge, Massachusetts, I hope.

I got Trash 2 for pocket change too. Reviews were positive so I sprang for it. Like other posters I assumed it was either being retired or they were building up the user base in preparation for a new version. You know which I'm wishing for.

Meffy wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:13 am
trackbout wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:02 am Where is Trash 3?!
On a developer's computer in Cambridge, Massachusetts, I hope.
Amen to that. I think they must know that Trash 2 has a pretty big fan base, would be stupid for them to give up on it.
Last edited by trackbout on Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

I impulsively purchased the PB bundle along with a non-impulsive purchase of RX7 Standard.

I remember when these plugins (Trash2, Iris2, StutterEDit, Breaktweaker, etc) cost quite a bit.
:borg:

Return to “Effects”