Looking for a mixing plugins suite - basic plugins: eq, compressor, limiter, gate

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion

Did you make sure to disable auto gain in Compassion?

Some info here. A little old but...
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=286671
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

camsr wrote:Did you make sure to disable auto gain in Compassion?
I tried that, but auto gain setting has no impact on the waveform display.

BTW, the Boz stuff is on sale through December. Manic Compressor is $79 intro price, and the David Bendeth Signature Bundle is $129.

The DB bundle contains HoserXT, Hoser, and +10db Compressor and EQ, nice bundle it seems (not that I have it myself). From what I understand, these are pretty characterful tools, serous kit, at reasonable prices. Not as cheap as Toneboosters, but considerably better than they're usual. Worth a trial IMO.

Another vote for FabFilter plugins. They're the best!

Vengeance sound has a nice bundle that's worth looking in to also. 20% off sale right now too!

Naenyn wrote:Vengeance sound has a nice bundle that's worth looking in to also. 20% off sale right now too!
The Vengeance compressor doesn't have a waveform display :neutral:. And I would think that they are very EDM oriented... :phones:

Another eq for you to try would be DDMF IIEQPro. Heard only good things about it. Cheap too.

Ok - I looked at everything mentioned in this thread (with the exception of Vengeance Bundle and Vienna Suite Pro). I tried them on a acoustic drums multi-track.

As for equalizers 3 made to the final list: Acon Digital Equalize, DMGAudio EQuilibrium, FabFilter Pro-Q 2. The GUIs feel right to me, they all work in L/R or M/S, have linear phase setting and you can solo the bands while setting them. I have to mention Melda's MEqualizer for peak frequency detection - great feature!

Two compressors made to the list: DMGAudio Compassion and FabFilter Pro-C 2. I liked LVC-Audio Pressed-MAX, but it's too cluttered (I know that Pressed-T is a track compressor, but it doesn't have the waveform display). Boz Digital Manic Compressor has a nice waveform display too, but the workflow and the realistic GUI is not my thing.

I counted the prices (it's with 25% FabFilter sale and FabFilter's/DMG's "buy two get a discount"):

Pro-Q 2 + Pro-C 2: 178 euro
Equalize + Pro-C 2: 201 euro
Equalize + Compassion: 296 euro
Pro-Q 2 + Compassion: 317 euro
EQulibrium + Pro-C 2: 351 euro
EQulibrium + Compassion: 412 euro

So I'm going full FabFilter - I will add Pro-G, Twin-2 and that will end this thread :party: :!:

Hurrah!
Another happy customer!
Now have fun making music :tu:

szalonykp wrote:

Wow! Who's ridiculously overpriced now?

e@rs wrote:
szalonykp wrote:

Wow! Who's ridiculously overpriced now?
I don't know if it's overpriced - but it's a serious chunk of money :) It's too much for me, but DMG stuff is really good - especially EQuilibrium. :clap:

DMG Equality is pretty good though, and a lot less, esp 2nd hand :).

szalonykp wrote:
liquidsound wrote:Btw. Try also Verberate when you will be interested in a reverb that feels just right.
I'm a Valhalla guy ;) 10 seconds long washes of unbearable reverb :clown: I'm eyeballing B2, but I fear it's out of my reach for now.
Valhalla for me too but I needed something that was totally different, something clean and clear that wasn't a convolution reverb. Phoenixverb has done that for me. Sits so well with other reverbs, knits everything together perfectly. The only difficulty is that I now want R2 and Excalibur :hyper:

Heartfeltdawn wrote: Valhalla for me too but I needed something that was totally different, something clean and clear that wasn't a convolution reverb. Phoenixverb has done that for me. Sits so well with other reverbs, knits everything together perfectly. The only difficulty is that I now want R2 and Excalibur :hyper:
Oh, man... I wanted to stop my GAS :hihi: I have to check R2, Excalibur and Phoenixverb now :dog:

Dude save your money.
Honestly you are buying plugins to motivate you to create music. It's just a matter of time before those new shiny toys wear off, and you are back to just you creating music again. You already have the tools you need, and I think you know that.

Do you honestly believe that a specific eq, compressor, limiter, gate is going to make a big difference? Is one eq vastly better/worse than the next? Get the one that looks prettiest to you or has the best workflow if you must.

Too many bedroom collectors giving you advice.

Return to “Effects”