Crysonic upgrade, real or fake?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

I just got this email from Crysonic, an upgrade for $29.95, all plugins with new format RTAS, AAX and even TDM???
And it stated : THE ABOVE OFFER IS ONLY AVAILABLE UNTIL 24 DECEMBER

I use pro tools, so it should be a good update for me. But the reputation of this company is really bad over here, makes me really aware.

Anyone else receive it? What do you guys think, is it real or fake?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm sure it's real. but it is only $29.95 for ALL of their plugins. don't expect the plugins to arrive in a timely manner (if at all). and definitely don't expect any support. you'll get what you get, and whatever works works, what doesn't doesn't. they will more than likely not be of any help if you have problems. they definitely won't be updating for any bugs u may find on your particular system.

as long as u know that going in, and plan for not getting yourself in a tizzy when everything doesn't go exactly right... u MAY end up with some pretty cool plugins that work for now. it's all up to whether or not your $29.95 really matters that much to you.
Canartic
downtempo.dub.psychedelic.twang
lossless downloads here...

TDM? RTAS?

Is it 2010 already?

OTOH, Im really convinced that Crysonic will have ported their '18 plugins for $34' collection to a 5-year-dead proprietry hardware-only DSP platform, because that sounds like its be really trivial as well as incredibly cost-effective.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

My condolences.

Although having unsubscribed at lest 25 times from their major announcement newsletters I am still getting these major announcements and this time the major announcement even passed the google spam filter, that's a major achievement! Next year you will get paid when getting their major mega bundle.

I found it worrying that all links in the email just take you straight to Paypal. Feels like desperation a bit?
FT

The dev's email came from : crysoniclabs@gmail.com
that's a bit strange....

And yeah, the TDM format really makes me question a lot

I owned one of their early bundles (x32 only) and found their products to be interesting. But the world has moved along quite a bit since then. Prices for great gear have come down considerably in recent years. And with all the holiday sales and incentives around now, I can't imagine that anyone could justify throwing money at Crysonic when it could go towards some really solid plug that absolutely gets the job done.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

yes, after posting above... I also think spending the 29.95 towards less expensive boutique developers' plugins, that will be supported, is better use of your money... klanghelm, valhalla, ddmf, etc., is much better use of of your funds. and you're supporting smaller developers who are currently active in the community.
Canartic
downtempo.dub.psychedelic.twang
lossless downloads here...

javahut wrote:yes, after posting above... I also think spending the 29.95 towards less expensive boutique developers' plugins, that will be supported, is better use of your money... klanghelm, valhalla, ddmf, etc., is much better use of of your funds. and you're supporting smaller developers who are currently active in the community.
Agree with that!

The only plugin that made me buy their stuff is the Inpressa, and it is has a problem in my PT.
I've got PT's stock plugins and all the ToneBoosters plugs to done the daily job.
So I'll just forget this one. Thanks guys!

Investing in Crysonic will turn all of your drum-samples into '80s TomToms.
Sad.. but true.
Last edited by Klinke1 on Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- WonderEcho -

Crysonic, the guy who sells since years this "very expensive plugins worth some thousands dollars" for something like $30 :D
I remember they had a bass enhancer which was not bad but the support is crap, stuff is not working, no answers or useful help... I would stay away from Crysonic and don't push this name to the public interest. I don't think the upgrade is a fake but IMO something is wrong with this guy running this company.

look basically my take is, they are a terrible company BUT for that money to get all that stuff, sure, why not.

If they don't give you your codes and installers then you can always do a paypal chargeback as they cover virtual goods now :)

They are impossible to get off my mailing list so i have mail rules set up now, it's the only way. anything with word "crysonic" doesn't get seen, just deleted at server.

That said i tried their demos about 8 moths back and new b was nice as was the compressor.

Their "sales" are more or less never ending so don't feel pressured that you "have" to buy right "now".

Also they have had "coming soon" stuff for over three years now.. the next level vocoder, etc.. it's never coming, their catalog hasn't changed for ages now.. so again just be weary of them and don't have any expectations for updates or any kind of service, and you will be fine.

Of course i make a disclaimer now that any decisions made to buy their products are in no way my responsibility.

Of course go for it. This is an once in lifetime offer from one of the best plugin developers in a world. For 30$ it's a no-brainer. Your Protools setup is not complete until you do it.
whyterabbyt wrote:TDM? RTAS?

Is it 2010 already?

OTOH, Im really convinced that Crysonic will have ported their '18 plugins for $34' collection to a 5-year-dead proprietry hardware-only DSP platform, because that sounds like its be really trivial as well as incredibly cost-effective.
I'm sure that being a great and customer friendly company they are, this great work is a direct response to wishes of legacy Protools users and big studios with large investments in older PT gear.
No signature here!

Are they really endorsed by Jordan Rudess?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:Are they really endorsed by Jordan Rudess?
Who isn't?

Return to “Effects”