TBProAudio releases sTilt - Free Linear Phase Tilt Filter Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRian

Topic Starter

643 posts since 16 May, 2014 from Germany

Post Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:33 am

This is from your registry for x86 plugins in x64 Windows: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins".
TBProAudio is added by the installer. Maybe you check our registry entry.

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:34 am

So, no PDC in T5?

KVRian
1478 posts since 18 Feb, 2005 from Serbia

Post Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:39 am

TB-ProAudio wrote:This is from your registry for x86 plugins in x64 Windows: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins".
TBProAudio is added by the installer. Maybe you check our registry entry.
Yes, you are right, it seems that one of the other installers changed my default VST path... :x

Sorry for not checking it out beforehand.
It's easy if you know how

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:43 am

:tu:

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:12 am

pc2000 wrote:
TB-ProAudio wrote:
pc2000 wrote:
TB-ProAudio wrote:BTW: sTilt crashes Traktion 6. I haven't tried in my other host yet.
I will check.
It works in Traktion 5, but it has some serious latency. EDIT: Ok.. the latency happened because I switched from eco mode. :hihi:
So, does PDC work in T5?

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:35 am

Static PDC seems to work in T5, but not dynamic. Changing Quality parameter from Eco to High increases latency, which is not recognized by T5 :(

KVRAF
7075 posts since 17 Feb, 2005

Post Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:19 am

TB-ProAudio wrote:
camsr wrote:Very cool, thank you!
Best to be careful turning that knob to the right, get's loud fast. It would be cool to see an autogain on positive tilt that lowers output to keep the treble at unity.
Thank you for the feedback. Pls see new version 1.1.0: it adds unit autogain.
But this is only correct if you are using a unit impulse, which is rarely the case :D
So, I suggest using something more sophisticated for "true" A/B level matching:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=140268
I just tested it on some white noise, the treble reduction works excellently. But with autogain on now, the center frequency has no effect, so using negative slopes always results in huge gain also. I set the center frequency to 10hz in the previous version and when using negative slopes it was always unity gain.

So I guess the rule for cutting is when using negative slopes, turn center frequency to 10hz, autogain off. When using positive slopes, turn AutoGain on and center frequency can remain at 10hz.

If you can figure it out ( IDK if I can :D) maybe make a "cut" mode which only decreases gain.

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:08 pm

camsr wrote: I just tested it on some white noise, the treble reduction works excellently. But with autogain on now, the center frequency has no effect, so using negative slopes always results in huge gain also. I set the center frequency to 10hz in the previous version and when using negative slopes it was always unity gain.

In fact Autogain also moves the center frequency around. So, if you need a tilt around fixed frequency you must turn off Autogain.
camsr wrote: So I guess the rule for cutting is when using negative slopes, turn center frequency to 10hz, autogain off. When using positive slopes, turn AutoGain on and center frequency can remain at 10hz.

If you can figure it out ( IDK if I can :D) maybe make a "cut" mode which only decreases gain.
I see: you may need a more sophisticated filter tool, like gEQ12 with linear phase design and very steep filter slope.

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:14 pm

Update to 1.2.0: Added Quality steps Eco and Medium

Banned
22470 posts since 5 Sep, 2001

Post Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:18 am

unfortunately Tracktion5/tracktion6 broke dynamic latency compensation, which even worked in T2. I have NO idea how they did that and how they just won't fix it.

HOWEVER, for tracktion users I can help you with a workaround. Turn the plugin off when the latency changes, go OUT of the project page to the browser, then back in and re arm the plugin and the new delay time will appear and sync.

KVRAF
7075 posts since 17 Feb, 2005

Post Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:14 pm

Thanks again for this amazing freebie. I was doing similar tasks with Marvel GEQ but this one is so much easier :tu:

KVRAF
2831 posts since 11 Jun, 2003

Post Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:49 pm

Thanks for the freebie. Typo on the UI. Spectral is mis-spelled: "Spectrcal Tilt".

Font is a bit blurry for the words that display under the various options (On, Off, High, etc..).

Will try it out soon. Just installed it right now.
Play it by ear

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:14 am

Thanks for QS :-)
Update to V1.2.1

KVRian
1478 posts since 18 Feb, 2005 from Serbia

Post Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:23 am

The installer still points to "C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\TBProAudio\sTilt\" for 32bit VST 2, even with my custom VST path changed. x64 version path is correct.
Is that intentional?
It's easy if you know how

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:43 am

Well, installer uses following reg keys:

The following registry-key is set (win-x32):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VST\VSTPluginsPath (x32) default: C:\Program Files\VstPlugins

The following registry-keys are set (win-x64):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VST\VSTPluginsPath (x64) default: C:\Program Files\VstPlugins
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\VST\VSTPluginsPath (x32) default: C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugins

As written here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=362555

Installer adds to the default paths "company_string" + "product_string".

Our installer does not change registry values!

Return to “Effects”