PSP Audioware release PSP 2445 reverb!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
TheoM wrote: it could have done with some filter options /crossovers/multipliers.. there's no control over the reverb itself
Did you try the extra controls under the flap?
Obviously youd hate the original units too, being so lacking in features :wink:
nope, because i didn't see it. Will do. Thanks:)

That said it's not about features..i use the uad emt's all the time and they are also dead simple verbs.. i am just not enamoured with the sound of this psp plugin. It's my opinion.

Why at this price wouldn't someone get valhalla - he gives you what like 10 algorithms for less money.

for the regular 129 price you can get TWO valhalla verbs and have change - get room and plate or plate and vintage, etc.

I will spend more time with it as i like playing with verbs, i only tried it on guitar so far and didn't like it but will try drums and vocals and of course synths. I am up to my eyeballs in verbs so it's only testing for fun - and i will still give my opinion good or bad when done.

TheoM wrote:
Why at this price wouldn't someone get valhalla - he gives you what like 10 algorithms for less money.
Agreed but they all offer different flavours.
VVV Actually offers 15 algos plus the 3 colours for different decades.

I got PSP 2445 for$57 so Im happy,
certainly wouldnt pay full price,
I never do!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

a VERY INTERESTING reverb. Not good or bad, just trying to see where on the spectrum this one fits. Hmmmm.... Need to do more mucking around.

Hehe.
The plug-in is really nice if you find where it fits. Try use it on different sources. I'm liking it on drums so far.
Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me And My Monkey

Matnids wrote:Hehe.
The plug-in is really nice if you find where it fits. Try use it on different sources. I'm liking it on drums so far.

yes it's quite good on drums. On guitar i don't like it but on drums a different story so far.

TheoM wrote:
Matnids wrote:Hehe.

yes it's quite good on drums. On guitar i don't like it but on drums a different story so far.
I have the UAD 250 and think that's where it really shines: drums and percussion. It's a bit dark, in a nice way, and the modulation is just perfect on more percussive sources. Apparently the original unit is known for shifting the stereo image to one side, which is true for the UAD and Empty Room Systems version, does this one also do that? Has anyone compared this directly to Sanctuary mode in Valhalla VintageVerb? That mode is also based loosely on the 250 so it would be interesting to hear how those compare.

I know I could just demo it myself obviously, but I'm honestly not looking for another 250-esque reverb, so there's no way I'm going to buy this. Still, I'd be interested to hear how folks think these various 250 plugins compare.

I'm finding it alot more subtle and understated than other equivalent verbs

"60ies plate" preset may just be the best ITB reverb I've ever heard. Dark plateish, slightly springy sound, but very organic and realistic and just the way I want reverbs to sound like.

I've put some claps, shakers and tambourine through it and BAm instant motown sound.

if you are not 100% into ValhallaPlate seriously consider this one.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
antithesist wrote: It seems in the same league with the 2016 Stereo Room plug-in as another really good hardware emu… maybe not up there at the top with the LX480 or next level down with the UAD 250
And let's not forget the ridiculously affordable and lovely sounding Sknote Rev250,
Though some users don't quite get the controls and wonder why it sounds so grainy.....because they're using it in the downampled mode...........plus is does delay, phasing and chorus too :love:
Oops... missed this post.

I need to check out the sknote... actually have an account now from track spark polyjam.

I just haven't ever pulled the trigger on any sknote, but I do have well over half the psp stuff now.

Elektro
Mess
Technik!
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Anyone else receive an email about a psp 2445 mailing list subscription?

And whats that all about I wonder?
Why a specific mailing list for this plugin?

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
antithesist wrote: It seems in the same league with the 2016 Stereo Room plug-in as another really good hardware emu… maybe not up there at the top with the LX480 or next level down with the UAD 250
And let's not forget the ridiculously affordable and lovely sounding Sknote Rev250,
Though some users don't quite get the controls and wonder why it sounds so grainy.....because they're using it in the downampled mode...........plus is does delay, phasing and chorus too :love:
wow the sknote rev250 is the worst reverb plugin i ever heard.. so.. that just goes to show that we all have different taste of what a good reverb is. Grainy doesn't mean bad.. it was the quality of the reverberation itself, and i tried every setting imaginable. on that one i spent an entire afternoon till i returned it. It just had the strangest resonances and frequency response.. YMMV.

Back OT, After tons of testing on drums, i discovered the PSP was very good on that. But i couldn't get it to sound good on anything else. But for drums, this reverb does indeed have something special about it. Good Drum verbs are the hardest ones to come across so good on PSP for that. This sounds even good on kicks, which is rare. Snares, kicks, claps.. but for me, NOT an all round verb you can just "go to" like a lex/valhalla/TC/Exponential/etc.

The thing is, it's expensive for something with a limited application. What is the normal price, $149? Logically one would buy 3 valhalla verbs for that price.. and with V room you can certainly get brilliant drum verb. Intro price should have been regular price for this one.

New:
Mod multiplier screw pot added.
New four presets.

MOD multiplier – sets the reverberator’s modulation depth. The default value is at the 12 o’clock position. Turning the trimpot clockwise leads to a strongly modulated and muddied effect. Turning the trimpot counter-clockwise reduces the modulation which results in re- duced tail smoothness and a more resonant character to the reverberation tail.

Most algorithmic reverberators have some inherent modulation—sometimes noticeable, sometimes not. This is because the complexity of algorithmic reverbs is considerably simplified from an actual studio or hall environment. This is reflected in the number of resonances, or the pattern and mechanical character, of reverb tail reflections. To deal with these limitations, modulation is added to spread resonances and smooth out a tail pattern. Sometimes you may want this modulation to obvious on tracks, other times you may not, so we provide a parameter that will lessen or exaggerate the modulation in PSP 2445. The lower the modulation the more synthetic, resonant and grainy the reverb is—however chorusing is less noticeable. The higher the modulation level is set the less periodic the reverb tail is and is more blurred—at the expanse of exaggerated chorusing effects.
Try lowering the MOD multiplier counter clockwise from the 12:00 hardware default setting if a track naturally exaggerates the reverb's internal modulation. Set the MOD to a high value by turning it clockwise if you want to get a blurred tail with a highly noticeable warbling.
And its just been updated

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Anyone else receive an email about a psp 2445 mailing list subscription?

Just got it myself.

When I read the title ... Welcome to the "psp_2445_110" mailing list‏ ... I was wondering if it was some spam, since I didn't sign up to a "psp_2445_110" mailing list. :?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Anyone else receive an email about a psp 2445 mailing list subscription?

Just got it myself.

When I read the title ... Welcome to the "psp_2445_110" mailing list‏ ... I was wondering if it was some spam, since I didn't sign up to a "psp_2445_110" mailing list. :?
Same here. Got this mail and didn't sign up.

Sorry for that. My fault I pressed the wrong button instead of sending the newsletter I sent the invitation to join newsletter group.
We have just updated PSP 2445 to version 1.1.0. In this version we added a possibility to control the reverberator’s modulation depth.
Most algorithmic reverberators have some inherent modulation—sometimes noticeable, sometimes not. This is because the complexity of algorithmic reverbs is considerably simplified from an actual studio or hall environment. This is reflected in the number of resonances, or the pattern and mechanical character, of reverb tail reflections. To deal with these limitations, modulation is added to spread resonances and smooth out a tail pattern. Sometimes you may want this modulation to obvious on tracks, other times you may not, so we provide a parameter that will lessen or exaggerate the modulation in PSP 2445. The lower the modulation the more synthetic, resonant and grainy the reverb is however chorusing is less noticeable. The higher the modulation level is set the less periodic the reverb tail is and is more blurred at the expanse of exaggerated chorusing effects.
Try lowering the MOD multiplier counter clockwise from the 12:00 hardware default setting if a track naturally exaggerates the reverb's internal modulation. Set the MOD to a high value by turning it clockwise if you want to get a blurred tail with a highly noticeable warbling.

PSP 2445 RE-intro offer
Until the 28th of February 2016 you can buy PSP 2445 at the special re-introductory price of $99*
Starting from the 1st of March 2016 the regular price of $129* will be applied.

Antoni
http://www.PSPaudioware.com

Return to “Effects”