IK and Gavin Lurssen set to unveil revolutionary mastering product at NAMM 2016

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's a spoof/satire video from the Onion.

Compyfox wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:Mastering is going to become much simpler with the soon to be released Macbook pro "Mastering Edition", or ME. >snip<
OMFG! Am I glad that I barely have anything in my stomach right now, the reflux is just too hard to keep under control.

Heck, the "Mastered for iTunes" still isn't properly documented, and now they want to release ANOTHER one-trick pony to push the long lost loudness war even further?
I think 'twas a joke...
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

At NAMM 2016, Lurssen Mastering and IK Multimedia will unveil a totally unique mastering product that brings the finesse, expertise and creative insight of the award winning mastering studio and innovative technological leadership of IK to musicians, producers and engineers around the globe.
But we already have LANDR, Peter. :ud:

do_androids_dream wrote:
Compyfox wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:Mastering is going to become much simpler with the soon to be released Macbook pro "Mastering Edition", or ME. >snip<
OMFG! Am I glad that I barely have anything in my stomach right now, the reflux is just too hard to keep under control.

Heck, the "Mastered for iTunes" still isn't properly documented, and now they want to release ANOTHER one-trick pony to push the long lost loudness war even further?
I think 'twas a joke...
A 3D soundstage is no laughing matter my friend.

Not sure why there's so much hatred. IK Plugins speak for themselves. Their T-racks collection is an amazing value and their 610 is my go to plug-in in every project I have.

I'm guessing this is the newer version of t-racks, if so count me in. :love:

loungepanda wrote:
At NAMM 2016, Lurssen Mastering and IK Multimedia will unveil a totally unique mastering product that brings the finesse, expertise and creative insight of the award winning mastering studio and innovative technological leadership of IK to musicians, producers and engineers around the globe.
But we already have LANDR, Peter. :ud:
Heehee.. Man, a client of mine sent me his LANDR'ised tracks so I could hear what it does.. geez :help:

keyman_sam wrote:Not sure why there's so much hatred.
it's not hatred.

ghettosynth wrote:
it's not hatred.
It's not hatred at all. It just gets a bit tiresome hearing the same marketing for every new product these days - everything's ground breaking/revolutionary/game changer etcetera.. Mastering especially is an area of not just diminishing returns but already diminished returns. I hope this product promotes a turn back the other way - to more dynamic masters.

do_androids_dream wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
it's not hatred.
It's not hatred at all. It just gets a bit tiresome hearing the same marketing for every new product these days - everything's ground breaking/revolutionary/game changer etcetera.. Mastering especially is an area of not just diminishing returns but already diminished returns. I hope this product promotes a turn back the other way - to more dynamic masters.
Nicely said.

do_androids_dream wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
it's not hatred.
Whenever I read ad copy for music software that uses these words ("revolutionary", "game-changing", etc.) I giggle a little. :hihi:
A well-behaved signature.

I bet it's a plugin that does everything a sound going through a console does.

Jax Pok wrote:I bet it's a plugin that does everything a sound going through a console does.
I'm guessing it's something like Ozone in terms of functionality with the analog signal path of the engineer's set up.

do_androids_dream wrote:
Jax Pok wrote:I bet it's a plugin that does everything a sound going through a console does.
I'm guessing it's something like Ozone in terms of functionality with the analog signal path of the engineer's set up.
+1
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

In summary - T-Racks 5 - with an updated routing matrix (T-Racks Shell), no?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Prefer to judge it on the merits when it appears, rather than give the guy announcing it a ton of crap for doing his job. Expect marketing-speak from marketers, pull what actual info can be had from it, and get on with life. Peter's actually a decent guy, from the contact I've had with him here, he doesn't deserve this.

And by all means, feel free not to buy, or even look at, anything you don't want to.

Return to “Effects”