IK and Gavin Lurssen set to unveil revolutionary mastering product at NAMM 2016

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Whenever I see IK ads, I think of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcGVbo57bAU

keyman_sam wrote:Not sure why there's so much hatred. IK Plugins speak for themselves. Their T-racks collection is an amazing value and their 610 is my go to plug-in in every project I have.

I'm guessing this is the newer version of t-racks, if so count me in. :love:
610?

That's UAD, no?
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

dwozzle wrote:Prefer to judge it on the merits when it appears, rather than give the guy announcing it a ton of crap for doing his job. Expect marketing-speak from marketers, pull what actual info can be had from it, and get on with life. Peter's actually a decent guy, from the contact I've had with him here, he doesn't deserve this.

And by all means, feel free not to buy, or even look at, anything you don't want to.

I have to agree also with this comment. Nicely said :clap:

antithesist wrote:
keyman_sam wrote:Not sure why there's so much hatred. IK Plugins speak for themselves. Their T-racks collection is an amazing value and their 610 is my go to plug-in in every project I have.

610?

That's UAD, no?
is the UAD 610 plugin better than that from IK?

chris.r wrote:
antithesist wrote:

610?

That's UAD, no?
perhaps the poster meant the 670?

AFAIK there is no IK 610.. The UAD one is a pre amp/line emulator plugin that is deliciously exceptional.

Only Ik product i know with a 6 in the model is the fairchild 670.

the uad *670* is definitely better than the IK one, which i believe is what you were asking anyway yes?

It's more versatile as it has a parallel knob and a HP filter, as well as the limiting behaviour being more authentic to the hardware IMO. I have used a couple of the most revered 670 hardware clones, and the UAD is very good. Note, i have not used a real fairchild 670. Even the clone I used cost the guy 20K AUD.

TheoM wrote:
chris.r wrote:
antithesist wrote:

610?

That's UAD, no?
perhaps the poster meant the 670?
Sorry my bad, I meant 670 of course :dog:

610 was KFRC in the SF/bay area :D

RIP!

Funny roundabout, that one... thanks, all!

I should have figured 670, but didn't.

And yes, I feel UAD fever coming on here in the new year.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

It's funny about that IK hate over here. What about Waves ad? :D
Nobody talk about this nightmarish ads of plugins where highlight list is builded about awards that got engineer which name is in plugin name.
It's like detergent commercials :D
But nobody tell bad word because Waves is so superior and so 'industry standard' that some people would pay $200 for Oneknob (now 3 knob) super duper plugins with colourful GUI.

Don't know why so much hate where some of latest IK plugins are really superior

pixel85 wrote:It's funny about that IK hate over here. What about Waves ad? :D
Nobody talk about this nightmarish ads of plugins where highlight list is builded about awards that got engineer which name is in plugin name.
But nobody tell bad word because Waves is so superior and so 'industry standard' that some people would pay $200 for Oneknob (now 3 knob) super duper plugins with colourful GUI.

Did waves post here in the general effects forum? I don't recall seeing that. Or, as I suspect, do they just put their ads on their own web pages and in the mailboxes of people who sign up for their ads?

Thread is only two days old and already grown to 5 pages, constantly showing up in the 'latest forum posts' section.

Seems to me IK didn't do that bad of a marketing job. ;)

ghettosynth wrote:
pixel85 wrote:It's funny about that IK hate over here. What about Waves ad? :D

Did waves post here in the general effects forum? I don't recall seeing that. Or, as I suspect, do they just put their ads on their own web pages and in the mailboxes of people who sign up for their ads?
So all that hate because IK put ads here on forum? So if someone else would write about their new plugins (like people do), then it gonna be ok? I see that some people have big problem with frustration here. It's just internet and I see people are going mad because... they see ad's on forum. Simply LOL

I can Imagine some people here when IK put new ad: :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miOWJ4rKb_g

No_Use wrote:Thread is only two days old and already grown to 5 pages, constantly showing up in the 'latest forum posts' section.

Seems to me IK didn't do that bad of a marketing job. ;)
Yep, it works for Kim Kardashian.

Return to “Effects”