Hyakken is the HY dev !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Tp3 wrote:Could it be that swing is not working ?
Working for me on windows with the VST2 64 bit plugin
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Tp3 wrote:Could it be that swing is not working ?
Swing control box only sends its value when you release mouse button.
So while you are holding mouse button down,
actual swing amount will not be changed, only display value will be changed.

Tadashi

When saving a preset each of the sequencers settings is stored so you have 5 sequencers you can switch between realtime, which can also be automated.

So it it would be pretty cool if the pattern recall area was able to recall a particular sequencer associated with that pattern. At the moment it just stores whichever sequencer you have selected at that time.

So for example Pattern 1 could be Acid, Pattern 2 could be Dark , Pattern 3 could be M5186, etc.
Then when chaining patterns it would switch to whichever sequencer was used for that Pattern number.

Also what would be very cool, if the Step Modulator was able to modulate the sequencer selection, so you could change the sequencer type using the Step Modulator.

Or, be able to change pattern via midi note input, or be able to automate the Pattern number if that conflicts with the current midi input features
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:When saving a preset each of the sequencers settings is stored so you have 5 sequencers you can switch between realtime, which can also be automated.

So it it would be pretty cool if the pattern recall area was able to recall a particular sequencer associated with that pattern. At the moment it just stores whichever sequencer you have selected at that time.

So for example Pattern 1 could be Acid, Pattern 2 could be Dark , Pattern 3 could be M5186, etc.
Then when chaining patterns it would switch to whichever sequencer was used for that Pattern number.
If the pattern function stores current selected sequencer mode state,
you will have this behavior.
I will check my code whether this will work or not.

about modulation
I have tried modulating master clock or some other stuff.
And there still are some problems.
So after solving those, I will expand modulation target.

Tadashi

Velo Range in Hexa seems to be not working here...? Always full velocity. Win7x64 Studio One. Midi sent to Serum.

tapiodmitriyevich wrote:Velo Range in Hexa seems to be not working here...? Always full velocity. Win7x64 Studio One. Midi sent to Serum.
I can't test it on Windows now.
So I tested on Mac with Ableton.
And it seems velocity range works fine.

midi out recording
http://www.mediafire.com/file/c29gwgk5e ... idiout.png

setting
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6ufr2dn7s ... etting.png

Can you try recording midi outs from hexaseq mode?

Tadashi

no problem here
Win7 x64 + Reaper 5.65 pre2 x64 + Seq Collection (1.1.0) x64

yellukhan wrote:no problem here
Win7 x64 + Reaper 5.65 pre2 x64 + Seq Collection (1.1.0) x64
How do you upload your screenshots?
I tried to post my screenshots like you, but I couldn't figure it out.

And random direction of AcidSeq mode doesn't work correctly in v1.1.0.
I will fix this soon.

Tadashi

i am using this site:
https://postimages.org/

allows also upload Gif files (which is very helpful to report bugs or share a quick tips easily)

after upload finish you should see the link boxes
just copy the "Hotlink for forums:" via clicking to icon at the right side of the box and paste to your post
alternatively you can use "Thumbnail for forums:" if the picture very large ...
clicking to thumbnail will open original image.

yellukhan wrote:i am using this site:
https://postimages.org/

allows also upload Gif files (which is very helpful to report bugs or share a quick tips easily)

after upload finish you should see the link boxes
just copy the "Hotlink for forums:" via clicking to icon at the right side of the box and paste to your post
alternatively you can use "Thumbnail for forums:" if the picture very large ...
clicking to thumbnail will open original image.
Thank you for your explanation.
This site seems very handy.

Test

hyakken wrote:Can you try recording midi outs from hexaseq mode?Tadashi
Thanks guys, your plugin works. It was just some more basic thing I wasn't aware of: Specific patches (or instruments?) not reacting on velocities, still need to read those:
http://answers.presonus.com/5738/reason ... ges-studio
http://answers.presonus.com/5794/there- ... ty-plugins

The Hexa sequencer is really fascinating.
Tadashi, since with your plugin there's a lot of fun with randomness and probabilities, I have a suggestion, maybe you may think about adding numbers so depending on where we move the sliders, you'd help us by displaying the actual probability of any slider... I guess this is doable :)
Also, entering probability values per slider would be nice, but I can see this would need deeper changes or thinking (not sure. because that slider system represents weighting and not 0-100% probabilities per slider)
However thanks for your hard work.

tapiodmitriyevich wrote:The Hexa sequencer is really fascinating.
Tadashi, since with your plugin there's a lot of fun with randomness and probabilities, I have a suggestion, maybe you may think about adding numbers so depending on where we move the sliders, you'd help us by displaying the actual probability of any slider... I guess this is doable :)
Also, entering probability values per slider would be nice, but I can see this would need deeper changes or thinking (not sure. because that slider system represents weighting and not 0-100% probabilities per slider)
However thanks for your hard work.
Those values are weight.
So it's bit tricky to display those actual values.
Right now I don't have good idea for it.

Tadashi

hyakken wrote:Those values are weight.
So it's bit tricky to display those actual values.
Right now I don't have good idea for it.
Hmm yeah, I am not a maths genious, but it should be possible... I think display of numbers (probabilities) would help people. Also, I was in the situation where I put one slider to max (repeat note "="), all others but one to min. The one remaining like 2 pixels above minimal (">"). It was visible. But still, I set it to 1/16 speed and let it play like a minute, the ">" did not happen. Maybe also some rounding going on internally.

Isn't it just as simple? Let's say sliders are from 0..100. Let's say you have sliders in a group from a to e.
Then probability for any slider x is Val(x)/SUM[val(a..e))] x 100, but if SUM = 0, then 100/(# of elements)
You could display it as small numbers close to each slider.

Return to “Effects”