Zynaptiq Pitchmap?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

probably best not to test it on source audio that is already esoteric...at least if you want to get a better picture of its capabilities. hard to gauge what's happening, and what's possible, when the source is aural mush to begin with.

i say this as someone who is interested in this for sound design purposes, and enjoys ambient textures, so i understand how easy it is to instinctively reach for sounds you are accustomed to working with. however, I will be making a concerted effort to use more distinct audio clips as source material - while demoing.

What's esoteric about an orchestral backstage warmup or an aria? Blah much??

Sounds like a beast but I think there will be a Pitchmap 2 on Musikmesse this year. It's sounds not normal that they offer such a good price for it ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Sampleconstruct wrote:What's esoteric about an orchestral backstage warmup or an aria? Blah much??
Not that I was speaking to or about you directly, but I see you intentionally don't reference the first demo you posted (using one of your 'Iris scapes') - which is the type of demo I am obviously talking about.

Disingenuous comprehension fail much ?

MillerSam wrote:Sounds like a beast but I think there will be a Pitchmap 2 on Musikmesse this year. It's sounds not normal that they offer such a good price for it ;)

a-ha, that old chestnut ;)

Sampleconstruct wrote:It's definitely a CPU monster
Could you give some details on this? How bad a hit is it on your system? Based on that comment, I'm a little worried that adding it to a full project with a lot of tracks and a lot of plugins would make it unusable. Thoughts?

There's a demo. I believe it's fully functional except that it times out after 15 minutes and doesn't save settings.

I'm trying it and I think it has some really interesting sound design possibilities.... Thanks to those who put up the awesome videos showcasing a bit of what it can do!
Michael

Naenyn wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:It's definitely a CPU monster
Could you give some details on this? How bad a hit is it on your system? Based on that comment, I'm a little worried that adding it to a full project with a lot of tracks and a lot of plugins would make it unusable. Thoughts?
I haven't checked exactly how much latency it induces (e.g. compared to Zynaptiq Morph SC which induces huge amounts of latency) and what the lowest sample buffer would be to use it for tracking, but when doing the first test I had Logic's buffer set to 128 samples and it wouldn't even play anything, just crackle. Just apply for a demo and test it on your system.

MillerSam wrote:Sounds like a beast but I think there will be a Pitchmap 2 on Musikmesse this year. It's sounds not normal that they offer such a good price for it ;)
Interesting, you think or you know? If a v2 is around the corner I'll probably just wait then.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Interesting, you think or you know? If a v2 is around the corner I'll probably just wait then.
however, looking at the current MSRP-price chances are that $79 + upgrade will still cost you less than only buying in V2 ;)

Sim.Sky wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
however, looking at the current MSRP-price chances are that $79 + upgrade will still cost you less than only buying in V2 ;)
True, that's what I thought after writing this, $79 where? It says € 99 EUR/ $ 89 USD on their website.

Sampleconstruct wrote:$79 where?
Well, the FORUM code over at JRRShop worked earlier today .. not anymore though. =\

Naenyn wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:$79 where?
Well, the FORUM code over at JRRShop worked earlier today .. not anymore though. =\
Being based in Europe I have to pay VAT anyway, thus the € 99 EUR tag - I'll just get it, it's too interesting to pass on it.

Processing a looped snippet of a field recording made in a Russian train station with Pitchmap, a custom Melda MXXX setup and Eventide's Blackhole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=953YGgtbu8E

And playing this thing chromatically via Midi processing the input source is pretty spectacular, of course if some frequencies are not present in the audio input the respective Midi notes will produce more of a hissing sound but overall this is a great feature (which eats a lot of CPU).

Return to “Effects”