Izotope Shutter Edit for a 48 hours Sale - What do you think?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
Banned
2239 posts since 19 Dec, 2014

Post Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:18 pm

Spitfire Audio - Phobos webpage wrote:***Subject to change prior to release****
• Over 20GBs of WAVs from BTs Archive
• Load 4 sets of sounds and have them convoluted through 3 different IR signals, all chosen from the same selection of content.
• Dynamically control the mix and amount of convolution on each sound
• Vast array of control over both the IR and the sound source itself.
• Use a beat as an IR, or as a sound source or both! Create unique textures and soundscapes using this revolutionary technology.
• Programmed from the ground up as a standalone application and plugin.
• More features coming soon…
With this proposed tech sheet I couldn't feel any more 'meh' if I tried. Convolution ? Ya, I've got that sorted.

20gbs of anyone elses loop library I can do without, particularly BT.

this is no competition to Stutter Edit ...

KVRAF
4030 posts since 26 Nov, 2015 from Way Downunder

Post Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:14 pm

Yeah Stutter Edit is a VST plugin. Spitfire just make Kontakt sample libraries... albeit very good ones. It's an apples and oranges thing.

KVRAF
3188 posts since 20 Sep, 2004 from Atlanta

Post Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:42 pm

I own an embarrassing number of similar fx (all the Sugarbytes goodies, Lucifer, countless M4L devices, loomer's Sequent, NI's Finger, all of the Twisted Tools goodies for Reaktor, etc)
and in defense of my addiction- they ALL do certain things great ;]

and while noted in the thread earlier, yes- Ableton Live's editing and automation *can* get you similar results to StutterEdit
however-
I feel pretty safe in saying that there is no other effect out there that is as user customizable for the purposes of PERFORMANCE as StutterEdit...
while parameters in Stutter Edit may not be automatable, the power of the device is that you trigger different "scenes" via MIDI ...and you can certainly edit those MIDI clips. Building/creating the "scene" effects DOES have some learning curve to it, but it's well worth the results.

if you are "into" either utilizing the fairly awesome presets that it comes with
OR
if you are into putting in the work to create your own customized set of manglement scenes...and applying them dynamically by actually PLAYING them in... you will enjoy StutterEdit
...and for 50bucks- its pretty much a steal.

KVRAF
16257 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Post Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:56 pm

So!!......

After finding a better way of mixing dry/wet, choosing some of the more subtle presets, and using in conjunction with turnado...I am pretty much sold on it

There being such a small sale window means I can't get into designing my own presets. Most of the included presets are too focused on attention-grabbing, and not really the kind of thing that would go with my music. However, I'm pretty confident that I can get some great use out of the effects when I am more in control of them

:oops: :dog:

KVRian
662 posts since 29 Nov, 2002 from Bury St. Edmunds, England

Post Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:30 am

At $49 for me it's a complete no brainer - absolutely worth it, though it has come at a good time for me as I'm working on a project that needs this exact effect...

KVRAF
25857 posts since 20 Jan, 2008 from a star near where you are

Post Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:42 am

MogwaiBoy wrote:Yeah Stutter Edit is a VST plugin. Spitfire just make Kontakt sample libraries... albeit very good ones. It's an apples and oranges thing.
Phobos will be a standalone plugin

KVRian
653 posts since 26 Sep, 2014 from Kingshill Valley

Post Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:46 am

For those who bought SE don't forget about your two free expansion packs :tu:

KVRian

Post Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:59 am

Sim.Sky wrote:For those who bought SE don't forget about your two free expansion packs :tu:
Thanks, missed those!

KVRAF

Post Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:07 am

How long has it taken y'all to get you're serials, and download links?

KVRian

Post Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:16 am

Took me about 6 hours from ordering I think?

KVRAF

Post Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:20 am

Gridlocked wrote:Took me about 6 hours from ordering I think?
Thanks! :tu:

KVRAF
9438 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Post Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:25 am

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:How long has it taken y'all to get you're serials, and download links?
20 minutes
Amazon: why not use an alternative

KVRAF
25857 posts since 20 Jan, 2008 from a star near where you are

Post Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:52 am

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:How long has it taken y'all to get you're serials, and download links?
20 minutes
So what is the copy protection, serial number (offline reg), or C/R or iLOK ?

KVRist
267 posts since 1 Oct, 2009

Post Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:41 am

Fun plugin but Glitch 2 is king of these plugs. Also bought it long ago when it was on sale and sold it again. IMO its not worth 50 bucks, way too fiddly and cant be host automated.

KVRian
1187 posts since 11 Sep, 2015

Post Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:01 am

curious, what kind of automation would you even want to do on a buffer fx? there's a reason all glitch plugins are sequencer-based in some way or other.

Return to “Effects”