No H910 Love?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Melvin J. wrote:Does it require iLok?
Just the account.

Yes, no iLok dongle required, but you do need to sell your soul to the PACE iLok License Manager.

I purchased the plugin through JRR, then I seen this thread and the talk of iLok, done a quick check and found no iLok dongle was required, but you needed to use PiLM. I hadn't even received my license at that stage, so quickly fired of an Email to see if my order could be cancelled, unfortunately it could not, so $100AU + down the drain for me as I will not use Pace, nor iLok. Lesson learned, always check the developers site, though most times the resellers mention if iLok is required, and to me iLok/Pace iLM . . . same thing, not going there . . . oh well.

So you'd rather waste $100 than install an app that really has no effect on a system's performance and quickly allows authentication of all your products ?

Tried the demo a week ago and was getting crunchy wild stuff from it, so bought within 24 hours. Eventide really seem to have mastered hardware sounding software !

I'm sure I'll be loving it when I get a chance to use it next week. Went ahead and snagged it today before I ended up forgetting and the price went up. I was looking for a harmonizer effect for a guitar lead and ST Crystalizer wasn't quite getting what I was hoping for. I was watching the H910 demo, the "Owner of a Lonely H910" preset in a dropdown menu grabbed my eye and I was like, "Yeah, that's pretty much the kind of harmonizer effect I'm looking for." Looking forward to trying it on vocals as an alternative effect to ST Microshift as well.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

mcbpete wrote:So you'd rather waste $100 than install an app that really has no effect on a system's performance and quickly allows authentication of all your products ?
Yes that's correct, $115.44 AU to be exact.

Although my experience with PACE is far from yours.

Have you contacted Eventide? If the License is unused, then they should be able to remove it from your iLok Account etc. It's not unheard of to get a refund under certain circumstances.

For the love of H910, if you want to talk PACE, iLok etc ... please, please, please start another Thread about it. :pray: ;)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:Have you contacted Eventide? If the License is unused, then they should be able to remove it from your iLok Account etc. It's not unheard of to get a refund under certain circumstances.

For the love of H910, if you want to talk PACE, iLok etc ... please, please, please start another Thread about it. :pray: ;)
Yes the license is unused, they can't remove it from my iLok account, because I do not, and will never have one. I don't want to talk iLok/PACE, I was just originally answering a question that was asked and conveyed my experience regarding whether or not iLok/PACE was required for the plug. My apologies to you sir.

EastWest were able to remove an unused License from my iLok Account and provide me with a refund after a botched purchase. It can be done. The developer is responsible for that end of things as far as I know. Not the PACE, iLok Company. If you're not gonna use the product, you may as well get a refund and share it with your friends at KvR. :hug:
Last edited by Aloysius on Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Some snippets from: http://www.emusician.com/how-to/1334/ho ... tyle/58229

Note: The article is about the UAD H910 but should still of interest to Eventide H910 Users imho.

The H910 plug-in is the equivalent of a fully tricked-out hardware unit with the monophonic keyboard. The H910 was used on countless records during the mid-to-late ’70s (and beyond), including David Bowie’s Low, produced by Tony Visconti, who used the box to add rubbery low thuds that descend in pitch to Dennis Davis’ snare hits. The effect is particularly evident at the beginning of “Sound and Vision”: Each hit retriggers the modulated pitch, and the intensity and depth of the effect appear to be at least partially governed by the dynamics of the playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoDamvrfUbQ

Approximate engineer Tony Platt’s fat snare sound on AC/DC’s Back in Black.

Finally I bought it.

I don't know when I'll be able to use it since I'm in the middle of a studio rebuild, but the H910 plugin is something I definitely want in my toolbox.
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

Last call for the discount.

FYI, Don't Crack had it for the lowest price I could find. Very good deal! :D

Aloysius wrote:Some snippets from: http://www.emusician.com/how-to/1334/ho ... tyle/58229

Note: The article is about the UAD H910 but should still of interest to Eventide H910 Users imho.

The H910 plug-in is the equivalent of a fully tricked-out hardware unit with the monophonic keyboard. The H910 was used on countless records during the mid-to-late ’70s (and beyond), including David Bowie’s Low, produced by Tony Visconti, who used the box to add rubbery low thuds that descend in pitch to Dennis Davis’ snare hits. The effect is particularly evident at the beginning of “Sound and Vision”: Each hit retriggers the modulated pitch, and the intensity and depth of the effect appear to be at least partially governed by the dynamics of the playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoDamvrfUbQ
I know that record is really revered and also especially for its production, but to me that snare sounds really dreadful... :?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Having started the thread I had better chime in and say that in the end ...

... I resisted (after much agonising). I did buy Crystallizer (not the whole ST5 bundle), and am going to hold out for the H949 release sometime down the line.

Many thanks for all your input though :tu:

lnikj wrote:Having started the thread I had better chime in and say that in the end ...

... I resisted (after much agonising). I did buy Crystallizer (not the whole ST5 bundle), and am going to hold out for the H949 release sometime down the line.

Many thanks for all your input though :tu:
Does Crystallizer cover this plugin then?

jobinho wrote:
Does Crystallizer cover this plugin then?
Nope... and, looks like the sale was extended to Aug 31st. :party:

Return to “Effects”