Vocal King Update

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vocal King Pro

So the last sale was Halloween and I have been blessed by many which I can't express thanks enough. Thanksgiving was a time of thankfulness for my family while growing up. Thankful for a home to live in, for food on my plate, for neighbors, for family, friends, and so much. It was a reminder that we are humans who need to help one another. Making the Vocal King has been more than music. It has been a awesome to meet new people and listen to new awesome music!

I am giving away 5 license files to the first 5 people who respond saying what they are thankful in life for. I will send a pm asking to send me an email with the username they are using on Kvr. I will then send a license file to the email.

I am also running a Big Sale on the Vocal King which those who have friends who produce music would want to send. More details here: http://www.jhudstudio.com/paid-plugins

Cheers everyone,
Jhudstudio
Last edited by jhudstudio on Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm thankful for being first one who reply your giveaway! :)

That was a joke. :wink:
I'm thankful for being a member of my family, my father, mother, sisyer and two dogs, ddol and jjong.(they are very cute and lovely, if u ask me.)
Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for life and people like jhudstudio but I don't need another Vocal King 'cause I already have it and it's BRILLIANT.

I'm thankful for family and my health and I'm thankful for this community which has provided me with information and support over the years.

Thanks to jhudstudio and KVR :hug:

Thankful for music in the world and for Vocal King to make it sound better! Many Thanks and seasons greetings. Boy_Friday

I am thankful for being alive and having so many amazing musical tools at my disposal :hug:

I'm thankful for the rare moments when I've had the mental freedom to realise just how incredible this existance is! :)

I've got a license from jhudstudio, Thanks a lot.

I am testing it now. After a while, I'll post my thought!

All 5 people have received their free license file. Thanks to those who posted what they are thankful for!

For everyone else, check out my site, I have some great deals on the Vocal King. Please tell friends that produce music and record vocals. http://www.jhudstudio.com/paid-plugins

Cheers,
jhudstudio

As one of the lucky few that received a free licence, I thought I'd take a few moments to share my first impressions of Vocal King.

Within the first few minutes, I was pleasantly surprised at the speed with which I could get reasonable results, without really knowing what I was doing with the plugin! After another 10 mins playing around & figuring out roughly what everything did, it become apparent that I could get some rather good results & quickly!

It's clearly a big time saver (...wish I'd had this years ago!) & I'm pretty sure it'll be part of a new scaled down vocal fx chain.

I'd say it's certainly worth demoing for those working with vocals & an absolute bargain at the current sale price!

Thank you jhudstudio

I have to say, i'm impressed.

It looks like the combination of decent compressors and eq.

Very smooth, especailly, compressor part is amazing.
(But i can't get what vu meter is doing. GR meter?)

You can get your vocal track polished very quickly, while sound smooth and somewhat natural.

For its price, it is a definately steal!

Thanks nicksohn and foldaway. I am glad you enjoy the vocal king.

@nicksohn,

Here's how the VU meter works. The black line from -20 to 0 is how much the input signal of the vocal is going into the plugin. If the meter starts to hit past 0 into the red zone "line," this shows compression amount in DB. You will also notices that the green led light turns on if compression starts. Green light shows smooth/clean compression. The plugin is in A mode. In B, C, D mode, The led light turns red. This means after the signal is past 0 db compression now means distorted compression. This gives a mild warm fuzzy setting for vocals if used right.

Here is a best practice method for first time users. Keep P Limit and F Limit down. Turn Pres knob up and a little on the final knob. See the meters on both go past 0 db into the red zone. The red zone shows gain reduction on how much compression amount there is. Don't push too much into the read zone. Maybe just hitting around 0 to 3db into the red zone. Next use the tighten knob, then bass, then low cut, then crispy. Finally turn DB Output down to match instrumental. Go back to the others and re adjust until your vocals fit nice into the instrumental. Done. :)

Btw: Prices are still a steal for the plugin. As others have said. Its worth a download and test for yourself. :party: http://www.jhudstudio.com/paid-plugins

Cheers,
Jhudstudio

Oh, I didn't know that.

I'm a big fan of harmonics generation / light distortion on vocal track, And Vocal King Can do this which is very very cool!
(I am testing it, Yes, It generate harmonics.)

So, Compressor do the job when the meter hit over 0?

Yes that is correct. After 0 the compressor kicks in. There is a bug I need to fix with the attack for the P limit and F Limit when the switches are up. the attack on the compressors should kick in faster as it does not seem to be clamping down as quick. I have to recheck the values at some point.

Here is what I typically do. I leave the P Limit switch down. This acts more as a limiter. Then I leave the F Limit switch up which gives attack to the final compressor. Then I turn the Final knob up which gives more signal into the final compressor and that gives back some nice transients back to the vocals.

Return to “Effects”