OrilRiver - great Room/Hall reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OrilRiver

Nice one. Thanks! :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Thanks for the update. Btw, is there any non-visual change besides the AAX format?

heavymetalmixer wrote:Thanks for the update. Btw, is there any non-visual change besides the AAX format?
Yes, there is. Changed the EQ gain controllers range, now it is from -24 to 12 dB
When you set the "Low Gain" controller to -24 dB. then the Low shelf filter becames to the High pass filter.
When you set the "High Gain" controller to -24 dB. then the High shelf filter becames to the Low pass filter.

heavymetalmixer wrote:Thanks for the update. Btw, is there any non-visual change besides the AAX format?
AAX format now? I can't find any info about it.

P.S :
Sorry to say this,
But the Crimsonmerry skin is way way much better than that dark one.

andymcbain wrote:VST to AU wrapper isn't working for me sadly. Are there plans to make a full AU version?
It's sadly and for me I wanted make OrilRiver for different users. but I have no plans yet. I spent a lot of time for developing VST2, VST3 and the AU developing may take more else my free time.

Why don't you cooperate with another developer for that matter?

kinwie wrote:
AAX format now? I can't find any info about it.
There is no AAX format.

heavymetalmixer wrote:Why don't you cooperate with another developer for that matter?
Who want to develop free products?..

I was just about to finish my own skin for version 2.0.1 when 2.0.2 came out. Since 2.0.1 had some changes (readouts positioned 1 pixel higher, Variation displays have larger font, etc.) ive decided to finish the skin on the new version.

When testing the skin for proper item placement and function i noticed the following:

- Tooltips are no longer working. They work fine in 2.0.1

- Mousewheel control is seriously bugged. Symptoms: When you mousewheel a knob or slider, the control will not move as you roll the wheel. It will, however, jump to the correct position afterwards if/when you click on empty space or you mousewheel some other knob or slider. All knobs and sliders are affected. The numeric readouts are not affected. (EDIT: See animation in next post for visual demonstration.) The problem does not exist in 2.0.1

This is with the 32bit DLL. (Cant test 64bit, but it might be the same there.)

That said, heres a couple of suggestions:

- Remove the Mouse-X (horizontal) control on knobs. Having Mouse-Y and Mouse-X active at the same time is not a good idea because they keep getting in each others way. (Dragging Up-Left/Down-Right will result in the knob not moving at all and dragging Up-Right/Down-Left will double the knobs turn speed. Everything inbetween only makes it more difficult to fine-control a parameter since X and Y axis keep interfering with each other.)

- Mousewheel control only has 10 steps without modifier and 100 steps with modifier (SHIFT). Thats rather coarse, (in fact much too coarse for any fine tuning), so maybe it would be a good idea to go with 100 without modifier and 1000 with modifier. This will make it much easier to fine-control and find sweetspots via mousewheel control, thus eliminating the need to keep inputting numeric values with the keyboard.

Thank you. :)
Last edited by ENV1 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Really dig default skin, so easy on my eyes, awesome job. :party:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

I just noticed something else.

When you drag the Shelf knobs all the way left they now change to HPF/LPF

However, when you mousewheel them all the way left they stop at -24.00

(The GIF animation below captured this as i was recording the mousewheel problem.)

click to view animation

in version 2.0.1 I used new vst gui library with its fiches but when some people wrote me that the GUI is not opened in some hosts I rewrote the gui using the old gui library and relised the version 2.0.1.1. And now here in the version 2.0.2 is used the old gui library without tooltips, atg...

ENV1 wrote:I just noticed something else.

When you drag the Shelf knobs all the way left they now change to HPF/LPF

However, when you mousewheel them all the way left they stop at -24.00

(The GIF animation below captured this as i was recording the mousewheel problem.)

click to view animation
I will try fix it.

I vote for an inclusion of ENV1's UI skin as well... I really don't like the other dark one. Although I'm not digging the Star Trek-esque font.

And once more, more info(!) on the Variations in the manual! Can't be that hard to document, no?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

denis_prophet wrote: I will try fix it.
Hi Denis,

Thanks for all your work so far and making the effort to support ENV1 and other skin devs! The fact that people are putting this much effort into skinning is a big complement towards your fine reverb :)

@ENV1 I am a big fan of your gui work, and appreciate you generously providing your skins, so I look forward to this one! .. P.S original Limiter no 6 Red Soviet Skin FTW 8)

Cheers,

provoc

Return to “Effects”