ToneBoosters, I love your plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB Equalizer v3 TB Equalizer v4 TB ReelBus v3 TB ReelBus v4

kmonkey wrote:I am very sorry if it came up that way. I was under impression i was clear when i said that i understand feeling with people which want different gui. Beside that in past i did something similar even worse i patronized developers for changing their interfaces...but my opinion did not matter to them because there were thousands of people which liked changes being made.

Ok so now when you bit me can i say same thing?

We who appreciate how it sounds and also how it looks in V4 would like express certain advantages of V4 graphical interface and we would not want it to change because 3-4 users want it so.

You surely don't expect that by repeating you don't like how it looks in V4 company will change their strategy (which people like) made long time before? If you do then it's imho trolling and self entitlement. But..i know you are not trolling.

Which now return to what i said earlier: these days there's everything for everyone. If users don't like it they should pass on it. If users came to this hobby or business for how it looks then imho they are in the wrong position (my maybe absurd but practical point of view).

Sorry if I misunderstood you. However, you are still really misunderstanding me
kmonkey wrote:i did something similar even worse i patronized developers for changing their interfaces.
I'm not patronising anyone. I absolutely respect this developer, the way he does business etc. and it is not a sign of disrespect to offer suggestions.
kmonkey wrote:We who appreciate how it sounds and also how it looks in V4 would like express certain advantages of V4 graphical interface and we would not want it to change because 3-4 users want it so.
Like I said, I also see advantages. You really seem to not be grasping that I think that it is just a case of going too far towards minimal design, and sacrificing a little usability along the way.

You have no idea what my suggestions might be, and yet you are already digging your heels in and telling me that you don't want any changes.
kmonkey wrote:You surely don't expect that by repeating you don't like how it looks in V4 company will change their strategy (which people like) made long time before? If you do then it's imho trolling and self entitlement
Focus groups and market research sessions are an extremely important part of a company's (at least those who are even slightly forward-thinking) process, to market. Companies can often drastically reshape their process on the opinion of current (or prospective) markets. And if you've paid any attention here at KVR, you'll also be aware that many developers make often huge, manifold, changes to their products in response to feedback.
kmonkey wrote:Which now return to what i said earlier: these days there's everything for everyone. If users don't like it they should pass on it.
I think you do Jeroen a huge disservice by telling his prospective customers that if they don't like it they should look elsewhere.

Clearly people love his tools. They are just hoping for some possible small changes to make them perfect.
kmonkey wrote:If users came to this hobby or business for how it looks then imho they are in the wrong position
:roll: :roll:

For me, RB3 and Ferox, separately, are more user-friendly and do what I need in a very simple manner - and I like the way they look and I find the meters useful. I'm viewing the $23 spent on RB4 as part of the cost of both bundles - for now. I'm sure in the future I'll find a way to use another flanger/delay... :roll:

Edited to say I've gotten smarter and am understanding the update much better. Pretty amazing.
Last edited by Bodhisan on Sat May 19, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Where are the different type tapes from RB v3? I'm blind or these are not available anymore?

Do you mean this? I don't see them in V4, either...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pixel85 wrote:Where are the different type tapes from RB v3? I'm blind or these are not available anymore?
From my understanding the tape types are replaced by a totally variable ips. They are just reference points for particular gear, and you should just be able to replicate them by using the same speed settings :tu:

I would like to (if I may) make a modest "shout out" to ToneBoosters, perhaps even to Jeroen... well, to just keep doin' what you are doin' :hihi: :lol: :hihi: :lol:

because it is pretty eff'n cool :hihi: 8)

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
pixel85 wrote:Where are the different type tapes from RB v3? I'm blind or these are not available anymore?
From my understanding the tape types are replaced by a totally variable ips. They are just reference points for particular gear, and you should just be able to replicate them by using the same speed settings :tu:
Yeah, the variable ips is there, but it's just not the same mystique as the difference between Japanese '75 7.5 IPS and Swiss '77 7.5 IPS. I like being mystiqued...if not in the very least given the option by the click of the mouse. :ud:

Bodhisan wrote:
Yeah, the variable ips is there, but it's just not the same mystique as the difference between Japanese '75 7.5 IPS and Swiss '77 7.5 IPS. I like being mystiqued...if not in the very least given the option by the click of the mouse. :ud:
I guess there must be some change in algorithm between the Japanese and Swiss 7.5 settings, as clicking between them has no visual impact on any other settings :shrug:

Bodhisan wrote:Yeah, the variable ips is there, but it's just not the same mystique as the difference between Japanese '75 7.5 IPS and Swiss '77 7.5 IPS. I like being mystiqued...if not in the very least given the option by the click of the mouse. :ud:
It would be great if these familiar settings were added back as factory presets in ReelBus v4.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bodhisan wrote:
I guess there must be some change in algorithm between the Japanese and Swiss 7.5 settings, as clicking between them has no visual impact on any other settings :shrug:
It’s the mystique, man!
Vortifex wrote:If anyone can replicate the Glue tape II setting then I'd love to see your settings. I tried and couldn't do it, but then maybe I'm just rubbish.
Just keep using V3 for glue II - that (but I use a variation of Glue tape I) and my Ferox (with my settings) are staying on my master.

Vortifex wrote:Place the cursor a pixel to the left of the slider and you change the wrong parameter.
Not only that, but if you try to move the slider with a little speed it just really lags behind the mouse cursor. I'd have imagined that such a simple interface would be more snappy :shrug:

i like the sound, but...

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:There is a middle ground between extreme minimalism and skeuomorphism/photorealism :tu:
No there isn't ;)
See what i did there ?

All of this is just a single opinion from a single user, the developer in this case is a single developer and makes the choices he deems fit to push his designs forward, on top of that he generally does follow up releases that fix the little niggles that get found in the first few days/weeks/months of public use.

Luckily enough he generally gets the actual sound of the plugin nailed upon release though, that should make everybody happy, a developer that is sound first, bling second.
Duh

bungle wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:There is a middle ground between extreme minimalism and skeuomorphism/photorealism :tu:
No there isn't ;)
See what i did there ?
Tried to argue for the non-existence of grey? :shrug:
bungle wrote:All of this is just a single opinion from a single user
I'm not the only one who thinks that some usability has been lost in the new iterations
bungle wrote:a developer that is sound first, bling second.
Another user who get's his ui mixed up with his gui. This has nothing to do with bling, Son :roll:

Just wondering, but... it says here that people can upgrade to TB Equalizer 4 from the Track Essentials bundle here: https://www.gearnews.com/namm-2018-tone ... -smart-eq/
What’s more, users of ToneBoosters’ TrackEssentials v3, FIX v3, or BusTools v3 can upgrade for a mere EUR 15.
On Toneboosters' website, i can't find any option to upgrade. Is this obsolete information?

Return to “Effects”