Youlean Loudness Meter 2 - V2.5.2 - April 25, 2022 update

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Youlean Loudness Meter

lumcas wrote:Whoa, what an outburst of answers:-)
Thanks for your support!
That is strange for true peak. Are you using the time code histogram?
Dark mode is coming in some of the future update. I might take a look at R128 Short Program.
Yes, I'm using a time code histogram, but it's not a serious issue, your meter is still more accurate regarding true peak level than WLM, even in the eco TP mode:-)
Can you try Elapsed mode and see if there are still the performance issues? Thanks!

plexuss wrote: ...
By having a meter that shows ISP prediciton and shows how many ISPs over time (ISP density) you can better gauge if your LUFS and PLR targets are risky in this regard and adjust accordingly.

ISP metering and ISP density are as critical as LUFS and PLR. :phones:
Yes indeed, but all presets already took this into account. That is why Youtube recommended true peak value is -1 dB.

mutantdog wrote:It would be handy to have some sort of way of distinguishing the relative magnitude of true-peak detections. Currently there is no visible difference between peaks 0.1dB above the chosen threshold and those that are, say, 1.0dB above. It would be good to have some sort sort of colour gradient so that the most excessive peaks are easily identified from the minor ones.

Another request would be some kind of internal snapshot saving feature where i could easily compare between multiple different mixes/masters. Perhaps as a switch between A/B or as an underlay behind the current display. This would certainly be handy for seeing how a loud master and a dynamic master would differ from each other when gain matched.

I'll also repeat my previous request for at least one visual iteration between 1 and 2 hour so i don't have to zoom out so far to view a 65 minute project.
All good suggestions.
That window size button will definitely change a bit.
A/B will be hard to implement, but not impossible.
TP gradients is great feature, however it will be very hard to implement.

Compyfox wrote:
Youlean wrote:Also, I guess I will need to write that this price is the without VAT.

Sorry for the troubles.
So VAT is still on top where VAT applies... Should have really been made clear right from the start.
Also, it wasn't just mere 3 EUR more - but thanks for finally addressing this...
Yes, it is indeed bad design. I have notified the Fastspring. We will see what they will do about it.

For now I have switched to much better checkout way IMO.

Youlean wrote:
By having a meter that shows ISP prediciton and shows how many ISPs over time (ISP density) you can better gauge if your LUFS and PLR targets are risky in this regard and adjust accordingly.

Yes indeed, but all presets already took this into account. That is why Youtube recommended true peak value is -1 dB.
[ bla bla bla ] Just trying to create content you can relate to.
Last edited by plexuss on Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plexuss wrote:
Youlean wrote:

There-in lies the issue: mastering to a specific streaming service is a very narrow use case - I think most master to a common demominator that includes streaming services if needed. I do not master to a specific service or codec and even if I did I'd want to see whats going on so I can make decisions about the master. Without ISP and especially ISP density there is no way to know. So, along with YLM2 I will still have to use apple roundtripaac. It would be great if someone with a loudness meter could also integrate ISP in this way - Nugen does it however they only show when an ISP might occur and how how many within a time period. Only Apple's tool does that. It's such an important aspect of getting a good digital master. I know because after using many different meters and workflows the one that has given me consistently good sounding masters from 96/24 PCM down to 128k stream codecs - because I monitor LUFS, PLR, and ISP density and adjust the mix and master to get it in the sweet spot. Check out my soundcloud for examples. all in the last 2 years use this workflow.

Maybe I should do a video on my loudness mastering workflow... :phones:
OK. I will check that Apple tool. I will consider this, but not sure how difficult will be to implement...

Hermetech Mastering wrote:Yep. It would be great to haver a "Save current state as Default" button somewhere, so all new instances started with that.
That would be awesome indeed!

mutantdog wrote: I've found some minor bug with the update reminder, the link to visit website opens up the Ableton program folder rather than opening Firefox.
So, you got the V2.0.1 update notice?

That update notice is giving me a hard time. I will need to check this in detail.

So, I have switched to different store look.

Can you guys tell me if it's now better or worse?

:)

The new checkout page looks better.

And yeah, i got the notification for v2.0.1.
Youlean wrote:TP gradients is great feature, however it will be very hard to implement.
Would it be possible to increase the TP level threshold above 0dB?

plexuss wrote:
Youlean wrote:

There-in lies the issue: mastering to a specific streaming service is a very narrow use case - I think most master to a common demominator that includes streaming services if needed. I do not master to a specific service or codec and even if I did I'd want to see whats going on so I can make decisions about the master. Without ISP and especially ISP density there is no way to know. So, along with YLM2 I will still have to use apple roundtripaac. It would be great if someone with a loudness meter could also integrate ISP in this way - Nugen does it however they only show when an ISP might occur and how how many within a time period. Only Apple's tool does that. It's such an important aspect of getting a good digital master. I know because after using many different meters and workflows the one that has given me consistently good sounding masters from 96/24 PCM down to 128k stream codecs - because I monitor LUFS, PLR, and ISP density and adjust the mix and master to get it in the sweet spot. Check out my soundcloud for examples. all in the last 2 years use this workflow.

Maybe I should do a video on my loudness mastering workflow... :phones:
Do it! :)

Any chance to get a link to a folder to previous versions, for those people that might have issues with most recent packages and want to roll back?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Hermetech Mastering wrote:Keep clicking on the "By Youlean" text in the Settings...
Thanks!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Sorry for the double post - but I finally got around testing v2 in Wavelab and...

Are you <quack>ing serious?!
Let me summarize:
  • You can not test the pro features in the quote-on-quote "demo version" (read: free version)
  • You can not set a custom target level in the free version - this is purely a "pro feature" (fun fact, ITU-R BS.1770-x does NOT mention anything of -24LUFS
  • There is no EBU R-128 S1 preset anymore (different handling for <30s material)
  • You can't even check out the settings for the "Streaming Presets" (since it's Pro only, it's all greyed out), therefore I don't even know if you're up-to-date with this
  • from first looks, you can't even setup your own presets
Basically, you crippled your plugin in favor for a "payment model"! Those interested in the pro version need to invest first, to see if this tool suits their needs. Are you kidding me?! :dog:

Okay - screw this constant "instant purchase" and "this is a no brainer" drivel for a minute - this is not how you do/how-to-do things! You fork over/force users to invest money - only then will people get support via your "support section" and have access to the pro features. There is absolute zero mention of a money back guarantee, there is no 14-31 demo period to test the pro version either. Add to that, the wonky money faux pas in recent days (that still seem to continue). But in turn, we users get a clone of Flappy Bird as "easter egg" (a joke that I don't find funny at all at this point).

This is not(!!!) how you treat possible interested parties.
And I'm calling you out for this!

Up until this point, I was like "okay... cool, let's take another look - he's still new in this game - give the developer the benefit of doubt". And I really considered to invest money in this as I think that the feature set is cool, and such development deserves support. But I wanted to test the plugin first. Only to see a big giant middle-finger to those that offered you this opportunity in this hard fought plugin market in the first place (Developer Challenge 2016).

I'm not joking! I rather support a developer that uses an outdated or to some considered bad UI, maybe even invest more in the competition. But I can at least test all(!) features way in advance, rather than being pushed into a "you only have 6 days for this deal - buy now, the price will only go up for more features from here on out" bullsh#t! (Beta 1.9.x didn't even offer an insight to the new features!)

You are not the top dog in this metering game. Yet you act like one.
And with this move, you just disqualified yourself (to me).

After SKnote and Sonimus with their handling of demo versions/manuals/refunds, I am really, really, really hesitant to invest any money. And in this case, even just "mere 27USD" is a lot to burn!

What a pity! :scared:
I have to sleep another night about this...
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:[snip...]
This is an exellent example of "YMMV" - for me, no problems and well worth the money for the pro version. I pretty much knew what the expect and it pretty much net my expectations. I've used it on about 5 projects so far and have a good workflow designed around it. :phones:

Return to “Effects”