Youlean Loudness Meter 2 - V2.4.0 - March 20, 2020 update

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
neverbeeninariot
KVRist
312 posts since 3 Feb, 2015 from UK

Post Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:14 am

  • Fixed custom preset glitch
Thanks for this. I noticed that if I turn on interactive help, that it is immediately disabled again when I choose a custom preset. It's not a biggie as I don't use the help feature, but just thought I'd let you know.

As before, I guess the workaround is to recreate any custom presets?

Cheers

User avatar
Youlean
KVRist
373 posts since 11 May, 2016 from Serbia

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter V2.3.1 - Updated - August 30. 2019

Post Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:19 am

neverbeeninariot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:14 am
  • Fixed custom preset glitch
Thanks for this. I noticed that if I turn on interactive help, that it is immediately disabled again when I choose a custom preset. It's not a biggie as I don't use the help feature, but just thought I'd let you know.

As before, I guess the workaround is to recreate any custom presets?

Cheers
Yes, I couldn't change that since custom preset saves whole plugin state.

neverbeeninariot
KVRist
312 posts since 3 Feb, 2015 from UK

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter V2.3.1 - Updated - August 30. 2019

Post Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:39 am

Understood, thanks for the explanation. :tu:

User avatar
Youlean
KVRist
373 posts since 11 May, 2016 from Serbia

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter V2.3.1 - Updated - August 30. 2019

Post Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:40 am

neverbeeninariot wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:39 am
Understood, thanks for the explanation. :tu:
No problem. :wink:

User avatar
Youlean
KVRist
373 posts since 11 May, 2016 from Serbia

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter V2.3.1 - Updated - August 30. 2019

Post Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:02 am

The new version is up!

I am mostly fixing bugs, but there are two super cool new features added to the standalone apps.

One is a fullscreen mode (finally), and the second one is the ability to monitor system audio on Windows.

Unfortunately, the second feature is not possible on macOS since this is baked in the Windows audio drivers itself.

So, you can now monitor audio in realtime without complicated audio routing from YouTube, Spotify or whatever you are listening to on your PC. (just make sure to switch to system audio in audio driver preferences)

I got the request for that feature from multiple people, but unfortunately, it took me some time to figure out how to add that in my loudness meter.

And yes, macOS Catalina is now supported. Sorry for the wait! Unfortunately, the 32bit support had to go because of the Catalina.

Enjoy the update!


Changelog:
  • Fixed wrong channel selection in the standalone app
    Fixed wrong input name with the ASIO driver in the standalone app
    Fixed GUI not working in some older macOS versions
    Fixed crash when changing GUI scaling and reverting back to original
    Fixed drop-down menu glitch
    Fixed drag and drop not working with Ogg files on Windows
    Removed support for 32bit on macOS
    Improved file support for drag and drop
    Added System Audio monitoring in Windows standalone app
    Added fullscreen mode in the standalone app
    Other small UI, UX improvements

ozonepaul
KVRist
140 posts since 18 Mar, 2007 from London

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter V2.3.1 - Updated - August 30. 2019

Post Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:00 pm

Youlean wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:02 am
The new version is up!
...and the second one is the ability to monitor system audio on Windows...Enjoy the update!
PHENOMENAL, Thanks Youlean! :hug:

User avatar
Youlean
KVRist
373 posts since 11 May, 2016 from Serbia

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter V2.3.1 - Updated - August 30. 2019

Post Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:22 am

ozonepaul wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:00 pm
Youlean wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:02 am
The new version is up!
...and the second one is the ability to monitor system audio on Windows...Enjoy the update!
PHENOMENAL, Thanks Youlean! :hug:
No problem. ;)

Caine123
KVRAF
6166 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter V2.3.2 - Updated - October 17. 2019

Post Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:25 pm

Hi i got izotope insight (ozone 9 adv) does youlean give me any advantages over it? Mostly im interested in the loudness match and izotope also have the option that you set the desired lufs. Thx
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

User avatar
Youlean
KVRist
373 posts since 11 May, 2016 from Serbia

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter V2.3.2 - Updated - October 17. 2019

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:47 am

Caine123 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:25 pm
Hi i got izotope insight (ozone 9 adv) does youlean give me any advantages over it? Mostly im interested in the loudness match and izotope also have the option that you set the desired lufs. Thx
There are a couple of advantages like dynamics graph, drag and drop analysis, and pdf export. :)

User avatar
Youlean
KVRist
373 posts since 11 May, 2016 from Serbia

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter - 43% off - Black Friday Sale

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:48 am

BTW, there is a Black Friday sale currently that will last until December 6th in case anyone wants to take an advantage of that.

enCiphered
KVRian
711 posts since 13 Dec, 2016

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter V2.3.2 - Updated - October 17. 2019

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:51 am

Really great program. Thanks for all the good work that went into the updates.
What I still miss from Youlean Loudness Meter is a way to measure the temperature of my tea :hihi:
Keep up the good work :party:

User avatar
Youlean
KVRist
373 posts since 11 May, 2016 from Serbia

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter V2.3.2 - Updated - October 17. 2019

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:54 am

enCiphered wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:51 am
Really great program. Thanks for all the good work that went into the updates.
What I still miss from Youlean Loudness Meter is a way to measure the temperature of my tea :hihi:
Keep up the good work :party:
Thanks!

Hahhaha, I will put this on the to-do list! :hihi:

User avatar
Calenberger
KVRian
884 posts since 8 Sep, 2019 from Calenberg

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter V2.3.2 - Updated - October 17. 2019

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:01 am

Youlean wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:47 am
Caine123 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:25 pm
Hi i got izotope insight (ozone 9 adv) does youlean give me any advantages over it? Mostly im interested in the loudness match and izotope also have the option that you set the desired lufs. Thx
There are a couple of advantages like dynamics graph, drag and drop analysis, and pdf export. :)
These are indeed the functions that let me use Youlean LM far more often than my iZotope Insight.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, kanntu meine musi hoeren da:
https://sonoryth.bandcamp.com/
Signature Sound

Caine123
KVRAF
6166 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter - 43% off - Black Friday Sale

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:03 am

ok i need to check these functions ;) thx is the performance of it also better? cause izotope is always cpu hungry
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

User avatar
Calenberger
KVRian
884 posts since 8 Sep, 2019 from Calenberg

Re: Youlean Loudness Meter - 43% off - Black Friday Sale

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:08 am

Never had any performance problems with Youlean.
I have a two years old iMac
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, kanntu meine musi hoeren da:
https://sonoryth.bandcamp.com/
Signature Sound

Return to “Effects”