Focusrite Plugin Collective

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Exponential Audio: R2

I'm not sure what Pace thinks is not up to date on my computer. :shrug: Anyway I got everything working again with the iLok Manager 2.7.2 and the 2016 Eventide Reverb authorized just fine so I'm hesitant to update the Manager any further. I learned a valuable lesson today...don't trust the iLok Manager to update without issue. It should have checked for compatibility before uninstalling the older version.

Anyway the Eventide Reverb is nice....a little metallic but certainly useful. So thanks to Focusrite and Eventide for the nice gift. I installed DDLY on this computer....no way it will make it on my studio computer due to the my little pony gui and the fact I have a ton of delays already but thanks to Focusrite and Izotope for the gift anyway. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:due to the my little pony gui
LOL!

I think that we should get a little petition going to send to iZotope.

ghettosynth wrote:
Teksonik wrote:due to the my little pony gui
LOL!

I think that we should get a little petition going to send to iZotope.
I agree. :D
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

neverwhere2410 wrote:Only problem I've had is the service doesn't always like to run on startup if I restart my PC (or it restarts after updating) so I go into the Windows services manager and start it.
From service manager, set PACE automatic start to automatic start (delayed). Only thing annoying in that is that you have to set it again when iLok updates :D

Reply from Pace "support".....

"Hello,
Unfortunately Microsoft required us to update some things that made iLok License Manager require Windows 7 to be updated to the newest version.  Your two options are to update Windows 7 or to use the older version of iLok License Manager.
If you have trouble updating Windows 7, then you should contact Microsoft for more help".

This after I said in my support request "My Win 7 was already fully updated including optional updates. Checked today".

Thanks Pace....... :lol:

Teksonik wrote:Reply from Pace "support".....

"Hello,
Unfortunately Microsoft required us to update some things that made iLok License Manager require Windows 7 to be updated to the newest version.  Your two options are to update Windows 7 or to use the older version of iLok License Manager.
If you have trouble updating Windows 7, then you should contact Microsoft for more help".

This after I said in my support request "My Win 7 was already fully updated including optional updates. Checked today".

Thanks Pace....... :lol:
Interesting. I just checked, I have 3.1.2 installed. It wanted to update. I don't install all of the optional updates so I'm not going to bother until it's required. First time I've ever checked "skip this version." LOL!

Yes if you're running Win 7 I'd hold off on installing 3.1.3, I can't imagine what Win 7 update it's missing. The latest update was yesterday and I manually checked this morning and several times today. Maybe the update just hasn't rolled out yet..... :shrug:

I got the Eventide Reverb to install on 2.7.2 so I'm good for now.....I'll think twice about letting the iLok License manager update again........ :phew:

Teksonik wrote:Yes if you're running Win 7 I'd hold off on installing 3.1.3, I can't imagine what Win 7 update it's missing. The latest update was yesterday and I manually checked this morning and several times today. Maybe the update just hasn't rolled out yet..... :shrug:

I got the Eventide Reverb to install on 2.7.2 so I'm good for now.....I'll think twice about letting the iLok License manager update again........ :phew:
Yeah, I don't give a shit about whatever features that they want to add. I just care that it works. Sometimes software will rely on a new driver. Hopefully this won't be an issue for me ever. I'll give it a year or so before I update (iLok) again.

guys do you know, if I get the red plugins suite with computermusic magazine or the midnight suite with beat, do I qualify for the december freebies from focusrite?

chris.r wrote:guys do you know, if I get the red plugins suite with computermusic magazine or the midnight suite with beat, do I qualify for the december freebies from focusrite?
Should do. I only have the Midnight and CM Red plugins and qualified for the freebies. Can't remember where I got the Midnight suite. :)

chris.r wrote:guys do you know, if I get the red plugins suite with computermusic magazine or the midnight suite with beat, do I qualify for the december freebies from focusrite?
Yes. See my post elsewhere, but, you can get the freebies just for openeing an account, but, you will get a database error. I think that's them checking to see if you are a customer, but it's not working right, I don't know. What I do know is that after I got the red suite, those errors went away. It's worth the $5 anyway, then you're a legit Focusrite customer in case they ever close that loop.

Teksonik wrote:
Should do. I only have the Midnight and CM Red plugins and qualified for the freebies. Can't remember where I got the Midnight suite. :)
I believe Teksonik's right: I have only Midnight (which I got for "free" from Guitar Center) and the Red plugins (which I don't know where I got, but they're not CM versions), and I qualified.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
I believe Teksonik's right: I have only Midnight (which I got for "free" from Guitar Center) and the Red plugins (which I don't know where I got, but they're not CM versions), and I qualified.

Steve
There's no such thing as "CM versions" of the red plugins. You get a bundle code from CM magazine and download the full package from Focusrite. Many of us were able to get the freebies without being a customer just be manually creating a focusrite account. When you do that though, you will get a database error when you go to the plugin collective page. I assume that this error has something to do with not having any products. It goes away once you register the Red plugins.

Anybody get the Sound Radix SurferEQ 2 Boogie to work in Reaper ? Crashes every time on this computer (Win 10 64 bit). :?

EDIT: Crashes FL Studio too. Oh well into the trash bin I guess. This is why I like having a separate computer to test software on before moving it my studio computer.

Teksonik wrote:Anybody get the Sound Radix SurferEQ 2 Boogie to work in Reaper ? Crashes every time on this computer (Win 10 64 bit). :?

EDIT: Crashes FL Studio too. Oh well into the trash bin I guess. This is why I like having a separate computer to test software on before moving it my studio computer.
Worked fine in Reaper for me. I haven't tried it on Win10. I have a Win10 computer with Reaper, I just never installed the EQ there.

Return to “Effects”