Nomad Factory Garbage LSD

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Garbage LSD

zerocrossing wrote:
PALU wrote:I would love a demo video too. I'm working now and I cannot download and check out the demo, but I can watch a couple minutes of a video while something renders ;).
Yeah, I'm always a little confused as to why developers don't put together some demos. I know people's state in music differ a lot, but it's not too hard to make a handful of basic sound preset demos and maybe a basic tutorial. It's good for those who are at work, but also good because with such a deluge of plug ins to choose from, downloading and demoing every single one is often a waste of time. I rely on a good demo track to make the next step to actually do a download, unless it's from a company like XILS or U-He where I know the quality will be high.
Lately, maybe because of the season, I've downloaded so many new things to try that my download folder gets stuffed and I just clean it up without even installing some...I guess it's the test really --Am I excited enough to go through the install?

.jon wrote:edit...
I mean garbage just isn't that marketable...
Don't tell Butch Vig.

Butch threw some awesome Garbage at us... :love:

No kidding, that´s the best part of the choice of product name :party:
screenshot_289.png

PALU wrote:I would love a demo video too. I'm working now and I cannot download and check out the demo, but I can watch a couple minutes of a video while something renders ;).
I want to see/hear what it sounds like before I go through the trouble of downloading & installing it, then having to uninstall/clean up if it's not for me.

It has some very nice character filters for sure and the interplay with the distortion, cutoff, and resonance is very complex and dynamic.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Hi guys,

I didn't see this thread and I started an other Garbage LSD topic here :
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=475068&p=6643202#p6643202

Sorry for the confusion. As we started with an introductory promo, I thought I should post in the "buy/sell" forum...

I posted this in the other thread but it works here too to answer some questions above :
When we took over Nomad Factory's management almost one year ago following the sad passing of Bernie Torelli, we felt that users where very worried about the future of the company. We therefore decided to work on the development of the numerous products Bernie initiated years ago. And so we launched "Bus Driver", Drum Tools, AS Rack and now Garbage. 4 cool new products in less then one year... I think or hope that proved how much we care about keeping the company up and running while also keeping Nomad's presence on the busy plug-in market.

It was also a great way to motivate the developers and organize the new work-flow. It has been very difficult to dive in and understand Nomad's framework. We often had to "reverse engineer" Bernie's development tools and adapt them to our own framework. There was also the web databases that we had to clean-up and import in order to keep up with customer's authorizations, support, etc. We created and installed a new download manager to make things easier for the users, etc. There is still a lot of work to be done, but we're getting there. A new Nomad website should soon see the day...

We also know that some products need updates to fix minor bugs while others would need deeper upgrades. Magma is one of them. Magma was Bernie's baby and surely the one that will give us the hardest time upgrading. It's a complicated piece of software that we are investigating as how to upgrade it. Plug-ins that host third party VST plug-ins are very "fragile". In short, you fix one thing, you break an other...

We are actually working on the Nomad Framework. That is the key to updating or upgrading all previous products in a modern way. We need a solid framework that will enable us to make all previous products fully compatible with today's technologies. Some previous products are almost 20 years old and are therefore very difficult to upgrade without breaking backward compatibility. There are choices to be made. Do we make some products "Legacy" and create new versions of them? Do we try to fully upgrade them with full backward compatibility? We discuss that almost everyday.

Our plans for 2017 is to launch the new Nomad website and update previous products ASAP and in the best possible way. Be assured that this is top priority for us. We'll keep you guys posted.

Meanwhile we hope the new products will do well and that they will inspire the community. Nomad plug-ins have a "color" of there own and we're doing our very best to maintain that difference. We also need to have good sales going to keep the company up and running... So please give them a good try. Garbage surely is a very original and inspiring Nomad Factory plug-in. We hope it will find it's place in your music ;-)
Thanks and all the best - peter
Plugiman
www.Plugivery.com
Plugivery Distribution

Plugivery wrote:I posted this in the other thread but it works here too to answer some questions above
Peter,

Thanks for taking the trouble to post this - very informative and enlightening.

I think it's great that Dmitry is coding for Nomad Factory. I'm going to have to check out Factory Garbage LSD for sure! But first, I will have to sell all my Moogs. :ud:

Looks to have some crossover with my recent purchase iZotope Trash, wondering if it's worth the extra purchase or if I now have all I need for that kind of a 'distortion in a box' plugin ? Intrigued by the 'spectral loss eq' - what is that ?!

Would definitely like to see/hear some audio demos first before trying it out though (crosses fingers)

Yes, sound demos would be good. But you can also download the actual demo and try for yourself. There was a link in a previous post.

Touch The Universe wrote:It has some very nice character filters for sure and the interplay with the distortion, cutoff, and resonance is very complex and dynamic.
Agree to that, some amazing sounds to be had with this for sure. Ran a beat I had previously run through Elektrons Analog Heat and my god it just totally transformed the sound of the drums, very nice plugin!
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

Just downloaded the demo, and had quite a bit of fun with it. It seems to considerably less waveshaping options than in Trash, but has nice filtering and AM/FM benefits and the reordering of the modules. A couple of things it seems to be lacking at the moment (unless I'm missing something) are an easy way to point to 3rd party impulses (seems like at the moment you have to copy any impulses into the user presets folder) and there doesn't seem to be a global wet/dry control (I like to easily modulate the destruction level to my sounds !)

Sequent wrote:I think it's great that Dmitry is coding for Nomad Factory. I'm going to have to check out Factory Garbage LSD for sure! But first, I will have to sell all my Moogs. :ud:
Dmitry Sches been signed by Nomad Factory?

Who does the GUI's for the Sches plugins, and who does them at Nomad Factory.

Can't be the same person ? :?

Numanoid wrote:
Sequent wrote:I think it's great that Dmitry is coding for Nomad Factory. I'm going to have to check out Factory Garbage LSD for sure! But first, I will have to sell all my Moogs. :ud:
Dmitry Sches been signed by Nomad Factory?

Who does the GUI's for the Sches plugins, and who does them at Nomad Factory.

Can't be the same person ? :?
Take a look at Nick Hamilton's post on page 2.

Return to “Effects”