GrainSpace updated to v2.5 - Granular Reverb Processor - AAX, AU, CLAP, VST2, VST3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
GrainSpace

We are happy to introduce to you our newest effect plugin: GrainSpace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtd9AHSU300

GrainSpace is a granular processor focused on real-time granularization and reverberation of the incoming audio signal. GrainSpace provides dynamic grain generation (up to 32 per channel), 7 grain parameters, 4 grain modulators (including two 11 waveforms LFO), smearing, chord resonator and reverb to create crazy sound effects, rich textures and much more.

Specifications
  • Real-Time Granular Engine
  • Recording Buffer of 10 seconds
  • Playback modes: Stereo, Mono (L+R), Side
  • Up to 32 grains per channel
  • Grain Size up to 500ms
  • 7 Grain Parameters (Size, Distance, Pitch, Feedback, Freeze, Position and Stretch)
  • 3 Grain Modulators (2 x LFO, 2 x Random Generators)
  • 2 Stretch modes
  • Grain Pitch Quantizer
  • Multi Mode Filter
  • Tempo sync’d LFO with 11 waveforms
  • Smearing
  • Chord Resonator
  • Reverb
  • VST2, VST3, CLAP, AU and AAX (64bit only)
  • OSX and Windows
Price: $45/€45
Read more: http://www.audiority.com/shop/grainspace/
Last edited by Audiority on Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:16 pm, edited 20 times in total.

Tried demo, well, some questions appear here.

For example about grains amount (which up to 32), as specified it the amount varies dynamically, ie not available to set specific amount manually, not quite the standard approach.

Second thing, the feedback work, it seemed to me also slightly strange, i mean even at maximum value it add grains repeats time somehow limited (or I did not understand properly, frankly not deep dig yet).

Also, bad a bit, freeze for grains only, not for reverb or for whole output result - imo would be very usable.

In general, from "pros" - not a bad reverb sound. Althoug again - would be good if would be more reverb settings.

Just a superficial feeling.

Yeah, well done, Luca - make me break my new year's resolution within the first two weeks of the year... :tu:

Impossible to resist - sounds amazing!
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

ahahah I'm sorry for that! Thank you, Jens. Enjoy GrainSpace :)

Cheers,
Luca

Getting a huge Mutable Instruments Clouds vibe from this, right down to the knobs and GUI size. I have a Clouds so ordinarily I'd find this redundant... but the demos have me intrigued anyway. May pick this up just for the presets, as some jumping off points to explore my hardware.

Never really considered using it for shimmer, for example.

Has this been coded by AudioThing ?

No..according to the manual

@numanoid: nope. Just to clarify, Carlo helped me for the first plugins (Abuser, Tremolan and Side Filter) and he did a wonderful job. In that timeframe I (slowly) learned how to properly code on my own :D I hope you'll like GrainSpace.

Cheers,
Luca

Congrats on the release!

I have way too many granulators, but still I'll give it a shot. Granulators are always welcome and fun. Seems like an interesting little sound mangler.

Reminds me of SaltyGrain (aka KTGranulator).....

Question: any reason why the Stretch parameter doesn't work between 1% to 5%? It starts to stretch and hear the effect at 6%. Same thing with the negative values... ?

I think I have almost all your effects so far except this one. Excellent plugs, especially Polaris. But I do find the minimal presets a bit frustrating. I like to flick through a good range of options to get an idea of where the extreme edges are and then start tweaking. How many does Grainspace come with?

From having a play with the demo, I'm quite impressed with the sound. I'd kinda like more modulation options though, would be cool to have different LFO options for the different parameters and an envelope follower would be pretty useful.

Sorry, feel I've been a bit spoilt by Sandman Pro and now expect that same modularity in every plug-in.

Guys, thank you so much for all of your kind words :D

@Neon: I put a bit of a dead spot for this parameter to avoid the stretching algorithm getting engaged if you don't set it exactly to 0%. This is useful if you use GrainSpace with an external controller.

@Richard: You are absolutely right and I'm planning to fill the plugins with more presets, especially for creative effects. Unfortunately for "contextual" effects (when parameters must be in context with the content you are working on, like a compresso) it's hard for me to come with a good number of presets. GrainSpace comes with 40 presets and more will be released as free downloads.

@shonky: thanks! yes, Sandman Pro is quite the beast ehehehe If I get more requests about that, I can think about a sort of "breakout box" with more modulators.

Thank you again, guys!

Cheers,
Luca

Played with it a bit so far - Absolutely loving it and, like Polaris, bought straight away :)

Luca: Noticed a, not really a bug, but a potential oddity during install that might trip up some customers so thought I'd flag: On the Windows build it defaults the 64bit version of the VST to install in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VSTPlugins' rather than just ''C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins''

p.s. Is there any 'My Account' type page planned on the site? I've bought nearly all the VSTs and am currently having to make sure to keep all the emails safe to make sure I have the download links available for future use. It'd be nice to have everything safe on the site :)

Thanks!
mmm that's odd. I'll check the Windows installer once again.

Yes, a user area is on my 2017 ToDo list and hopefully it will be up and running within the next months.

Cheers,
Luca

Return to “Effects”