GrainSpace updated to v2.5 - Granular Reverb Processor - AAX, AU, CLAP, VST2, VST3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
GrainSpace

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Tried twice but unable to purchase.
After going through PayPal and being redirected to the developers site I get a page that states

The VAT ID entered is incorrect.....Blah blah

And a button that states Complete Order that doesn't do anything
That happens often when your browser is trying to autocomplete a form. Just check that the VAT ID field doesn't have a whitespace... it'll look as empty, but the space is recognized as a character.

Cheers,
Luca

Audiority wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Tried twice but unable to purchase.
After going through PayPal and being redirected to the developers site I get a page that states

The VAT ID entered is incorrect.....Blah blah

And a button that states Complete Order that doesn't do anything
That happens often when your browser is trying to autocomplete a form. Just check that the VAT ID field doesn't have a whitespace... it'll look as empty, but the space is recognized as a character.

Cheers,
Luca
:tu:

Sorted, thanks.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Hi there,

I'm getting a bug on the registered version. If the plugin has been running for an hour or so in a project, the grain engine stop producing sound. If I change the blend knob, the clean sound comes through, but tweaking parameters, changing presets, toggling bypass etc will not get the grain engine to produce sound again. If I load a second instance and set the parameters exactly the same, the second instance will produce sound through the grain engine.

cheers!

osx 10.9.5
reaper 5.32
grainspace 1.01

Thanks for the 1.01v2. Much appreciated!

One question though. I decided to ask this here and not to send you an e-mail because I think it is something more people will benefit from.

As I noticed the 'lights' for the Freeze and the LFO, are sometimes on and sometimes off, I read the manual (the pages about the plugin itself) looking for some explanation but I found no information at all.

Can you please explain this?
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

@gwok: thanks for the heads up. I'll get into it right away.

@ErikH: The Freeze light indicates when the Freeze is on/off. When you set it as synced, it will be like a smoothed square wave modulating the parameter. On the LFO, the light fill fade from minimum to maximum according to the current value of the LFO wave.

Cheers,
Luca

Thanks, Luca!

I suspected they had a different behaviour. Hence my question.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

gwok wrote:I'm getting a bug on the registered version. If the plugin has been running for an hour or so in a project, the grain engine stop producing sound.
I've been able to verify the issue and looks like is affecting the VST version of the plugin and I'm working on a fix. In the meanwhile, I advice you to use the AU version of the plugin.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Cheers,
Luca

Audiority wrote:
I've been able to verify the issue and looks like is affecting the VST version of the plugin and I'm working on a fix. In the meanwhile, I advice you to use the AU version of the plugin.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Cheers,
Luca

great news! not a problem, thanks for the update...

GrainSpace updated to v1.0.2
– FIX: Error while scrolling presets with navigation buttons
– FIX: Sound suddenly stopping on VST version
– Reworked Windows installer

To update download and install the demo version from the product page.

I'm also planning v1.1 so, if you have feature requests... fire up!

Cheers,
Luca

Hi Luca, was playing with the VST demo last night and you've fixed it before I even got to report it ;)

Personally, and I don't know whether these would be possible to implement, I'd like more modulators (e.g. lfos, envelopes, envelope followers) and some sort of modulation matrix. Could do this using M4L devices in Live but would be useful within the plugin. A bit more control over reverb size, decay and mix would also be helpful and it would be cool if the pitch could show values in semitones too (not at the pc atm but recalled that it only shows %s).

Whatever you decide to add, I'll be buying today as it's a damn nice little plugin as it is.

Audiority wrote: I'm also planning v1.1 so, if you have feature requests... fire up!
Cheers,
Luca
- a few more reverb parameters, reverse reverb
- panning
- freeze on/off without modulation
- HPF/LPF Filter -> hint: there is a free GUI place between Grain Blend and Reverb ;-)

Thanks guys!
dreamvoid wrote: - a few more reverb parameters, reverse reverb
- panning
- HPF/LPF Filter -> hint: there is a free GUI place between Grain Blend and Reverb ;-)
I'm thinking about a sort of "Breakout box", with some more modulations and parameters. For the reverb wouldn't be much more (no reverse reverb in this plugin.. but stay tuned for something in the next months ;) ). The Freeze can be just on/off.. the first value is ON. I can simplify that with an additional button. About the filter... I have to think WHERE to place it :D Pre/Post grains? In the reverb loop? :D
shonky wrote:A bit more control over reverb size, decay and mix would also be helpful and it would be cool if the pitch could show values in semitones too (not at the pc atm but recalled that it only shows %s).
Pitch values are in semitones already.

Cheers,
Luca

Freeze on/off without modulation would be nice. In the current version it's tricky to hit the "on" state, especially when the value is assigned to a controller.
And if the pitch of the freeze signal could be controlled via MIDI, this would be HUGE.

Noted!
Chick, what DAW are you using? Currently I found a way to assign any MIDI CC to GrainSpace in both Logic Pro and Ableton Live. Since all the parameters are automatable, I guess many DAW can let you assign a MIDI controller to them.

Cheers,
Luca

Audiority wrote:Thanks guys!
dreamvoid wrote: - a few more reverb parameters, reverse reverb
- panning
I'm thinking about a sort of "Breakout box", with some more modulations and parameters. For the reverb wouldn't be much more (no reverse reverb in this plugin.. but stay tuned for something in the next months ;) ). The Freeze can be just on/off.. the first value is ON. I can simplify that with an additional button. About the filter... I have to think WHERE to place it :D Pre/Post grains? In the reverb loop? :D
"Breakout box" idea is great! Thank you for the Freeze hint - missed that. I would expect the filter "post grains", but options are nice - as usual. ;-)

Return to “Effects”