New things from Unfiltered Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Harry_HH wrote:
thelizard wrote:
c_voltage wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:Yes, but according to that preset demo, what was missing, is the "time machine" function - if one could slow down the stream, even to stop it, and then axelerate the speed again, the tape stop effect would make it even more interesting.
Would be interesting to hear some more reverb\atmospheric complex\drastic signs, or some spectral\granular freezes (if is this thing capable of this?), while in teaser demonstrated interesting things as well, but mainly all with more subtle or so to speak "coloration" results.
Definitely capable. There are four reverb modules: Deep Reverb (long, rich, synth-friendly verb), Renoun Reverb (a direct port of our first Rack Extension... more modulation-friendly and experimental), Lo-Fi Reverb (a collection of 10 different Schroeder reverb algorithms), and Sandman Diffuse (the Diffuse knob from Sandman Pro). There's a fully featured Granulator module that a lot of people are going to love.

Ivo's presets are mostly focused on transient, rhythmic material, so he primarily made use of delays and modulation effects.
I'm not that keen on reverb etc, I believe tha c_voltage comment was more or less just f_cking to me. I. e., IF you refer to me, I'd like to hear in that comment reply to my question, not to somebody else.
Well, from my side it was just a some thoughts out loud (since were mentioned possible sides of the sound of the plugin), for what such sharp reaction. In addition, I for some reason assumed that you are engaged too in creating presets for the beta of this plugin :) , so I thought that you too could know the answer.

c_voltage wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
thelizard wrote:
c_voltage wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:Yes, but according to that preset demo, what was missing, is the "time machine" function - if one could slow down the stream, even to stop it, and then axelerate the speed again, the tape stop effect would make it even more interesting.
Would be interesting to hear some more reverb\atmospheric complex\drastic signs, or some spectral\granular freezes (if is this thing capable of this?), while in teaser demonstrated interesting things as well, but mainly all with more subtle or so to speak "coloration" results.
Definitely capable. There are four reverb modules: Deep Reverb (long, rich, synth-friendly verb), Renoun Reverb (a direct port of our first Rack Extension... more modulation-friendly and experimental), Lo-Fi Reverb (a collection of 10 different Schroeder reverb algorithms), and Sandman Diffuse (the Diffuse knob from Sandman Pro). There's a fully featured Granulator module that a lot of people are going to love.

Ivo's presets are mostly focused on transient, rhythmic material, so he primarily made use of delays and modulation effects.
I'm not that keen on reverb etc, I believe tha c_voltage comment was more or less just f_cking to me. I. e., IF you refer to me, I'd like to hear in that comment reply to my question, not to somebody else.
Well, from my side it was just a some thoughts out loud (since were mentioned possible sides of the sound of the plugin), for what such sharp reaction. In addition, I for some reason assumed that you are engaged too in creating presets for the beta of this plugin :) , so I thought that you too could know the answer.
The explanation sounds phony - this thread is certainly no just for 'beta preset makers', nor was my reaction 'sharp', I just told my opinion after listening carefully the preset demos.
I own many of the UA plugins, I have to say many of those stay unused after the first trial, and the reason is, that the sound is not interesting enough. Often the UA plugin sound, especially Dent, Indent and Fault sound too messy, far out and boring. The old Sandman is still one of my favourites.
The two latest UA plugins I don't own.
I give my feedback in the intention to help avoiding the above - make adjustments to the plugin, to my ears (only ones I have) more interesting, more versatile. A plugin I liked to purchase.
This is my opinion: either the demo presets are boring, or the beta plugin is boring. I accept many don't agree with me - its OK, say that openly, but don't f_ck with me. :phones:

Harry_HH wrote:
c_voltage wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
thelizard wrote:
c_voltage wrote:

The explanation sounds phony - this thread is certainly no just for 'beta preset makers', nor was my reaction 'sharp', I just told my opinion after listening carefully the preset demos.
I own many of the UA plugins, I have to say many of those stay unused after the first trial, and the reason is, that the sound is not interesting enough. Often the UA plugin sound, especially Dent, Indent and Fault sound too messy, far out and boring. The old Sandman is still one of my favourites.
The two latest UA plugins I don't own.
I give my feedback in the intention to help avoiding the above - make adjustments to the plugin, to my ears (only ones I have) more interesting, more versatile. A plugin I liked to purchase.
This is my opinion: either the demo presets are boring, or the beta plugin is boring. I accept many don't agree with me - its OK, say that openly, but don't f_ck with me. :phones:
Perhaps, i'm not so much good know english for right understand "f_ck"'s in the context. (Frankly, i'm afraid to misinterpret).

Harry_HH What about some other mentioned UA plugins, well, i as well rather interested in various delays than distortions and pith-shifters, but i own they all anyway, due to this modulation system - it is so many-sided that it possible to make not bored (or can say - find for yourself not boring result, by making from scratch), regardless of the type of present effects algos.
But of course a special place is occupied by the delays and spectral processing, I'm a fan of these two types.

Personal taste vary - what sound interesting, what is boring. Too conventional or too messy can be boring, but very much altered sound can be tasty, too. E. g. I like SC Permut8 and Echobode very much, or the SB Wow2 and Looperator, many of Soundtoy5 effects.

I'm still trying to understand the fondness everyone has for SpecOps. I love glitching stuff out, but SpecOps just seems to smoosh everything out, like the smudge tool in Photoshop. I really need to hear it in context.

dangayle wrote:I'm still trying to understand the fondness everyone has for SpecOps. I love glitching stuff out, but SpecOps just seems to smoosh everything out, like the smudge tool in Photoshop. I really need to hear it in context.
The glitchy top line starting at 2.43 is all SpecOps. It was simply a high passed drum loop into an automated SpecOps.
https://soundcloud.com/mushy-mushy/twisted-poetry
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:
dangayle wrote:I'm still trying to understand the fondness everyone has for SpecOps. I love glitching stuff out, but SpecOps just seems to smoosh everything out, like the smudge tool in Photoshop. I really need to hear it in context.
The glitchy top line starting at 2.43 is all SpecOps. It was simply a high passed drum loop into an automated SpecOps.
Cool. I can definitely see the use in that. I do appreciate that style, although I make techno more around 124bpm :)

dangayle wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Cool. I can definitely see the use in that. I do appreciate that style, although I make techno more around 124bpm :)
Not bad at all.

Harry_HH wrote:
dangayle wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Not bad at all.
Like all things UA I think they really shine once you get away from the presets and start tweaking. I know it's a cliche but I don't really have anything in my arsenal quite like SO. Would definitely recommend it.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
dangayle wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Not bad at all.
Like all things UA I think they really shine once you get away from the presets and start tweaking. I know it's a cliche but I don't really have anything in my arsenal quite like SO. Would definitely recommend it.
IMO Unfiltered Audio presets are poor stuff. Similar to u-he UHBIK presets. Rarely useable, cryptic description, over the top. The teaser vid stuff is IMO unmusical, just typical Glitchmachines destructed noises.
I started to use UHBIK when tweaking it completely by myself from point zero. Obviously it‘s the same with Unfiltered Audio which are still cool looking but unused stuff for me...

Maybe it would help if UA presets were openly divided into a "boring but good mix tools" bank and a "freaky tech demos" bank?

martinjuenke wrote:The teaser vid stuff is IMO unmusical, just typical Glitchmachines destructed noises.
Haha, yeah *every* Glitchmachines demo is just a drum machine exploding for 30 seconds and you never have any idea what the plugin actually did to the incoming sound

Smaller windows will give less smoosh and more transient
Amazon: why not use an alternative

imrae wrote:Maybe it would help if UA presets were openly divided into a "boring but good mix tools" bank and a "freaky tech demos" bank?
That would be a very good move... :tu:

Return to “Effects”