New things from Unfiltered Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Have you guys considered that for some reason they may not be completely ready yet? I doubt that they have made a grand evil plan to get you utterly hooked and then charging $399 for it. I could be wrong of course... :D
Unfiltered Audio has very fair prices so it's probably gonna be somewhere in the range you've suggested.

imrae wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:41 am
FWIW I think this approach is a bit distasteful, but less offensive than the Waves ads that follow me around the internet and drain my attention span.
I quit using Waves completely because of their business tactics (WUP, sales pricing, advertising)...

* deleted
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Soarer wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:49 am Have you guys considered that for some reason they may not be completely ready yet? I doubt that they have made a grand evil plan to get you utterly hooked and then charging $399 for it. I could be wrong of course... :D
Unfiltered Audio has very fair prices so it's probably gonna be somewhere in the range you've suggested.
Sure but they have everything else done, webpage, videos etc. It can't be that they just don't know the price? its digital product so you don't have to calculate material costs.
They want to to price it right to sell as many as possible, of course.
So we have to help them to know that right price for this is...........NOT 399€ plus VAT - voucher 25€ then bonus discount 15% when you buy 2 and NOW if you are fast NEXT 24 hours its only 59€ plus VAT.
Just saying that PA plugins are fair priced but there is a lot of gimmicks but in the end we do get them at reasonable price :)

You guys also have to consider that UA and PA are two separate things. I don't know how the agreement exactly works, but from my understanding everything related to actually selling the plugin, including marketing, copy protection, sales etc, is up to PA.
This is nice because this way the developers can focus on developing plugins, instead of writing marketing blurbs.

From my limited interactions with UA, they absolutely don't seem like people who are trying to come up with some evil master plan to get our money, quite on the contrary, they just seem like very passionate and talented developers.

I said it before - look at the Metric AB marketing to get a good idea about BYOME.

Sure everybody know thats its PA who is seller :)

Are we really complaining about a demo with no price? “Oh, I NEVER demo something if I don’t know the price.” Get outta here.

I LIKE the fact that there is no price attached to it yet, because it’s a well known fact that people (including myself) often conflate price with quality. This takes that component out of the equation and makes us judge the plugin on its own terms based on sound quality and usefulness.

But calling it a bad business practice? They’re letting us demo it for free, let’s not get carried away with hyperbole here. We know who the bad guys are, and PA and UA are not them.

How very dare they give me a 2 week uncrippled demo of their plugin without showing the price? The bastards :hihi:

dangayle wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:21 pm Are we really complaining about a demo with no price? “Oh, I NEVER demo something if I don’t know the price.” Get outta here.

I LIKE the fact that there is no price attached to it yet, because it’s a well known fact that people (including myself) often conflate price with quality. This takes that component out of the equation and makes us judge the plugin on its own terms based on sound quality and usefulness.

But calling it a bad business practice? They’re letting us demo it for free, let’s not get carried away with hyperbole here. We know who the bad guys are, and PA and UA are not them.
I completely agree with you!

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:31 pm How very dare they give me a 2 week uncrippled demo of their plugin without showing the price? The bastards :hihi:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Better wait yes, better wait...

BUT, I'm telling ya - this is one seriously beautiful multieffect plugin! :hihi:
I'm having a blast with it these days. Really detailed modulations are possible. I love how the eight macro knobs are there all the time and that you can assign them to the AMP of modulation sources and thereby slowly turn up the modulation of, say a step sequencer or Env Follower which modulates one or several effect parameters. So these eight macros can become the center of control and makes it possible to make all kinds of cool effects when used together. It really is a deep plugin.

We’ve isolated an issue that is likely causing the GUI slowdowns reported in this thread. Performance is already greatly improved on our machines. We will send a patch to Plugin Alliance once we also reproduce a few reported crashes.

We greatly appreciate all of the positive feedback so far. This plugin was a massive undertaking for Josh and I, and the codebase is larger than all of our previous plugins combined. We’re very happy with the low number of bug reports so far, but we want to make sure that the BYOME experience is rock solid for everyone.

If you encounter any bugs, please report them on the Plugin Alliance Tech Support page (https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/tech_support.html). They keep track of every bug for us, along with detailed tech specs and steps to reproduce. Additionally, sending reports through them will also alert their Quality Assurance team. This will ensure the fastest turnaround on our end, as every engineer will know what to test in the next patch.

Soarer wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:43 pm Better wait yes, better wait...

BUT, I'm telling ya - this is one seriously beautiful multieffect plugin! :hihi:
I'm having a blast with it these days. Really detailed modulations are possible. I love how the eight macro knobs are there all the time and that you can assign them to the AMP of modulation sources and thereby slowly turn up the modulation of, say a step sequencer or Env Follower which modulates one or several effect parameters. So these eight macros can become the center of control and makes it possible to make all kinds of cool effects when used together. It really is a deep plugin.

Yeah, the macros can be used for all kinds of trickery!

For example a DJ style filter:

When the "Filter" macro is below 50%, it opens a LP filter, above 50% it opens a HP filter, with a completely dry sound at exactly 50%.

Magic :hihi:

thelizard wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:55 pmWe greatly appreciate all of the positive feedback so far. This plugin was a massive undertaking for Josh and I, and the codebase is larger than all of our previous plugins combined. We’re very happy with the low number of bug reports so far, but we want to make sure that the BYOME experience is rock solid for everyone.
The work was certainly worth it :tu:
I haven't been this impressed by a plugin in a long time :tu:

Return to “Effects”