VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
2016 Stereo Room H9 Series: Blackhole Tverb UltraReverb

etherdesign wrote:
Armagibbon wrote:
chk071 wrote:
etherdesign wrote:People over at r/synthesizers don't wanna touch it because it's iLok and I guess they're still using decades old information on how buggy PACE used to be idk.. fine by me..
Works absolutely fine here.
hahah

Yea f*ck em right? Works fine right here, so it def works everywhere no bull. No way in a dog's bark is there any difference from one dude's setup or another and any trouble they thought they had is down to techno-hypocondria.

You guys are amazing hahahah
The differences in setups are kind of minimal compared to what the used to be with all of the auto configuration that computers do now. Anyways, it's soft iLok and they had never even tried it before, so there was no reason at all not to even TRY it, but no it's automatically bad because it's iLok and they heard some things on a forum about a few guys who had some trouble once probably 5 years ago.
So soon you forget.

But hey, I use ilok everywhere, I can't live without it and I like that my licenses aren't tied to challenge / response bs. Makes collab easy too. I just buy a new ilok on my account and mail it off the guy and rc from teamviewer or some shit to get it loaded up with the right licenses.

Wish they'd have an automatic return feature in there somewhere. I mean I hate having to take it all back at the end of the project. They usually like the stuff we used together and I know someday I'm gonna have to call in a stolen dongle to get the licenses back. Hasn't happened yet. Fingers crossed!

But the guys who hate it? They have good reasons to hate it. Don't shrink their opinions just because you overvalue your own.

etherdesign wrote:People over at r/synthesizers don't wanna touch it because it's iLok and I guess they're still using decades old information on how buggy PACE used to be idk.. fine by me..
That's been the case here as well. I think that recently a few of us have been very outspoken in our support for, not necessarily Pace per se, but the license management that you get with iLok and the tone has calmed here somewhat as more people have voiced an alternative point of view to "iLok= teh evil."

Decades old?

When I tried Softube Modular a few months ago, iLok was a steaming pile of NOPE UNINSTALL THIS RIGHT NOW.

ghettosynth wrote:
That's been the case here as well. I think that recently a few of us have been very outspoken in our support for, not necessarily Pace per se, but the license management that you get with iLok and the tone has calmed here somewhat as more people have voiced an alternative point of view to "iLok= teh evil."
Yea some people like their ball and chain like victims love their abusers hahahah

Look I know there's not much for alternatives for the devs. They're scared of very real shit that can ruin their lives and I get it, I've been there. Thing is, the people who hate ilok and don't already own stuff using it have pretty much no reason to start.

Drm is drm. For some it's another link in the chain that can go wrong at the worst f*cking times, for others it's a morally wrong obligation that offends them to their core. For anyone else, it's a necessary evil they try real hard to ignore.

But it's still f*cking evil no matter how you look at it. No one wishes they had to have it.

ghettosynth wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:
Blackhole it on top on my list also

I did pass it up on IIRC Black Friday and could have bought for $42 from uncle Eric.
I instead got R2.

I had a note re BH stating "cold" so that may have been on reason I did not buy it.

I do like the idea of the ribbon and real time modulation.
I will wait for your and other to comment and then decide.
Blackhole is not a general purpose reverb. Either you have a use for that kind of sound or you don't. It can sound cold, or not, I'm not really sure that's a reason to not get it TBH. The ribbon is huge for me. Modulating the ribbon in real time gives me otherworldly sounds that I really couldn't begin to think about how to get otherwise. It's not "just" the ribbon, it's how the sound changes when modulated and how easy the ribbon is to set up.

For the last year I've been doing only experimental and ambient stuff. It's all weird and very non-commercial. I am a fan of reverb and I use (probably overuse) it a lot. As much as I like R2, there is no way that it is a replacement for Blackhole (and vice versa).
Thanks for your and the input of a few others on Blackhole.
Pulled the trigger!
For me it was the ribbon that did it as I have a multitouch screen.

Howw does this compare with Valhalla plate and reaktor spacemaster?

This is the benchmark "lush" maker! Unreal decay... literally :)

Thread title adapted to cover this weeks deal.

This Week: Tverb

Coming up:
Week 4: 2016 Stereo Room $47 (MSRP $199)

$15 cheaper @ Audiodeluxe. Maybe slightly cheaper elsewhere.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Do i need this? :hihi:
Nah, not my thing. I neither want to sound like David Bowie, nor does the plugin itself seem very attractive to me.

But it's a once off, never to be repeated offer.

You don't have to try and copy bowie. Tony V even suggests you do your own thing with it.

Here's a guy doing something creative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-7rbsnyzK0

The clock is ticking. You know you want it.

Got to find some spare $$. Really want to pick this one up. Hopefully I'll get a sale out of my marketplace (Buy and Sell) forum thread, then I'll be able to grab this. May have to lower some of my prices. :(
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

@ Aloysius: :hihi:

Well, i'm sure that it's a great plugin, as Eventide is great. But, doesn't really turn me on that much, though. With UltraReverb, Blackhole, AND the Stereo Room plugin i already have from Eventide, i think it's fair to pass on this. :)

But your collection won't be complete until you get this one. Go on, go on, go on ....

Aloysius wrote:But it's a once off, never to be repeated offer...
...The clock is ticking. You know you want it.
Aloysius wrote:But your collection won't be complete until you get this one. Go on, go on, go on ....
Peer pressure at its finest. :borg:

I can imagine the hangovers your friends must get after drinking with you. :D
Gaslighting...is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.

Return to “Effects”