Eventide Weekly Deals: 2016 Stereo Room for $47

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
2016 Stereo Room H9 Series: Blackhole Tverb UltraReverb

:hihi:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

chk071 wrote:Do i need this? :hihi:
Nah, not my thing. I neither want to sound like David Bowie, nor does the plugin itself seem very attractive to me.
I've never used it to sound like Bowie. Personally, I think that waiting on a better buy either in the marketplace or with Eventide is probably a good idea. That said, it is rather interesting, if not a little gimmicky.

I like to automate the mic placement which changes rather smoothly. I only have a couple of reverbs that allow you to easily give the sense of moving about the space so it's kind of fun. Also, the gates can be fun for only applying reverb to certain accented notes.

Of course, you don't actually need this plugin for any of that, but it is convenient.

"...gorgeous reverb, flexible mic positioning and useful dynamics control makes it unique and very special indeed."
— Computer Music

"...one of the very best sounding acoustic spaces I’ve ever heard."
— Gearslutz

I have a friend that is well off.
"I like it, I buy it!"
For the rest of us this ain't so.

In my case it seems the more I surrender my GAS impulses and
the more money I save on these deals the poorer I become.

However:
Developers please offer more deals so I can become even more poor.

Regrets I had a few
(that is buyers regrets)
Too few to mention!
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Mon May 15, 2017 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I already own a license for 2016StereoRoom, so I'll be saving money next week as well. :)

Full review @ Gearslutz:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/reviews/ ... tverb.html

Aloysius wrote:"...gorgeous reverb, flexible mic positioning and useful dynamics control makes it unique and very special indeed."
— Computer Music

"...one of the very best sounding acoustic spaces I’ve ever heard."
— Gearslutz
"...definitely [...] the [...] best reverb units [...] on the market today? [...] I think so..."
— The Internet

"...after hearing this reverb, I knew my life was complete."
— Every Dead Celebrity

"Another reverb? I don't have the space for that!"
"Yeah but it has the space for you!"
"doh-hohohohohoho!"
— Statler and Waldorf

:)

'... highly recommended (by the internet).'
— Armagibbon

Thread title adapted to cover this weeks deal.

This Week: 2016 Stereo Room

This weeks deal is the final deal.

It ends May 31st.

Personal Note: I think those were some great deals. Unfortunately i couldnt avail myself of any due to the iLok requirement, but i still found it very generous of Eventide to do something like that and im sure a lot of people are grateful for the opportunity to get some high-end plugins for such radically reduced prices.

:tu:

I said I was not going to get any more reverbs bit I went for this (less than 40 bucks with the usual on line discounts)

I demoed for a few days first, it is great as a 'glue' on the master, it just sounds good, not that to much to tweak to mess things up; pretty much a 1 trick pony but when that trick is to pretty much make everything sound better.... :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Good to know. :tu: I got it for free in their intro deal, and only tried it one time, very briefly, and only the reverb really. Seemed more of a room reverb type, while i rather was looking for a fx kind of reverb back then, so, it pretty much stayed unused on the hard drive. I'm sure i will have some use for it, one day.

SLiC wrote:I said I was not going to get any more reverbs bit I went for this (less than 40 bucks with the usual on line discounts)

I demoed for a few days first, it is great as a 'glue' on the master, it just sounds good, not that to much to tweak to mess things up; pretty much a 1 trick pony but when that trick is to pretty much make everything sound better.... :tu:
Yeah. It's a bit odd how good it sounds sometimes, I wasn't really expecting that TBH. I was completely surprised by it when I got it because I had the impression that it was just an old reverb that they had recycled. I didn't realized that "2016" wasn't a reference to the year at first. It's the algorithm from a fairly popular piece of hardware. I've never owned any Eventide hardware, at the time I was buying hardware it was WAY outside of my price range.

I have other reverbs that I like better for some things, but, if I had to choose just one reverb vendor then, ATM, it would be Eventide. Their reverbs get more use than any other brand for me.

Yup- it just works...you don't get the wow of fun factor as with black hole or shimmer, you get a great sounding stereo room reverb that is pretty much what you will actuaty need when you stop experimenting!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Effects”