I just tuned in because of a Ben sighting, I've got nothing else to add :hihi:

KVRAF
13133 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Post Fri May 05, 2017 10:07 pm

Kalamata Kid wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:
Blackhole it on top on my list also

I did pass it up on IIRC Black Friday and could have bought for $42 from uncle Eric.
I instead got R2.

I had a note re BH stating "cold" so that may have been on reason I did not buy it.

I do like the idea of the ribbon and real time modulation.
I will wait for your and other to comment and then decide.
Blackhole is not a general purpose reverb. Either you have a use for that kind of sound or you don't. It can sound cold, or not, I'm not really sure that's a reason to not get it TBH. The ribbon is huge for me. Modulating the ribbon in real time gives me otherworldly sounds that I really couldn't begin to think about how to get otherwise. It's not "just" the ribbon, it's how the sound changes when modulated and how easy the ribbon is to set up.

For the last year I've been doing only experimental and ambient stuff. It's all weird and very non-commercial. I am a fan of reverb and I use (probably overuse) it a lot. As much as I like R2, there is no way that it is a replacement for Blackhole (and vice versa).
Thanks for your input. I do like ambient. So now it is a little more likely I will get Blackhole during the next sale. When I wrote R2 I meant Reverberate 2 by LiquidSonics which I got during last Christams sale. Sorry for the confusion. IIRC you like it.

This could be an expensive software year for me and am concerned about feeding the GAS.
Ok, yes, I do like Reverberate 2, a lot, but it is nothing at all like Blackhole and doesn't sound as lush as Exponential Audio's R2.

KVRian
1223 posts since 26 Feb, 2016

Post Sat May 06, 2017 6:54 am

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... -ultraverb

This is an example of how UltraVerb can function much like multiple effects.
This is one instance of UltraVerb, the echoes, reverb, compression and modulation are within the single preset.

Since UltraVerb has separate equalizers for delays and reverb, these can be controlled to layer very nicely so that they will stand out much like separate FX would.
Last edited by SteveWZ on Sat May 06, 2017 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRAF
34863 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from another dimension

Post Sat May 06, 2017 6:59 am

^

Very nice. :)
Hi-de-Hi!

KVRian
968 posts since 29 Sep, 2006

Post Sun May 07, 2017 1:11 am

SteveWZ wrote:https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... -ultraverb

This is an example of how UltraVerb can function much like multiple effects.
This is one instance of UltraVerb, the echoes, reverb, compression and modulation are within the single preset.

Since UltraVerb has separate equalizers for delays and reverb, these can be controlled to layer very nicely so that they will stand out much like separate FX would.
Sweet
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

KVRAF
1857 posts since 21 Sep, 2004 from Musician, Recording Engineer, Producer

Post Sun May 07, 2017 6:29 am

Just bought.

Can't wait for the t verb week. That will round out my Eventide reverb collection. Got Black Hole, and Room Verb from previous sales.

Great price for a good reverb.
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

KVRAF
5830 posts since 25 May, 2002 from Bobo-dioulasso\BF__Geneva/CH

Post Sun May 07, 2017 7:08 am

SuperFly76 wrote:Just bought.

Can't wait for the t verb week. That will round out my Eventide reverb collection. Got Black Hole, and Room Verb from previous sales.

Great price for a good reverb.
me too... :hyper:

KVRAF
21338 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Sun May 07, 2017 12:47 pm

martinjuenke wrote: If I can sell only with big discounts, the conclusion may be that these products are not / no longer worth their list prices...
How naive could you possibly be? :hihi: :shrug:

KVRAF

Post Sun May 07, 2017 1:07 pm

Ben [KVR] wrote:...

KVRian
1223 posts since 26 Feb, 2016

Post Sun May 07, 2017 4:18 pm

Aloysius wrote:^

Very nice. :)
Thanks

Another example of UltraVerb.
Again, one single preset, this time used on all instruments.

The preset takes advantage of the included tempo based delays, reverb, multible EQs, compression, modulation, etc.

All within one instance of UltraVerb.

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... -ultraverb
Last edited by SteveWZ on Mon May 08, 2017 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRAF

Post Sun May 07, 2017 5:55 pm

Just to help avoiding a potential misunderstanding: Ultrareverb can be neither used as a compressor nor as an EQ and the included delay is pretty basic really. It's certainly not a multi-effect in the typical sense of the term. A quite flexible (and good sounding) reverb it is though.

KVRian
593 posts since 19 Aug, 2012

Post Sun May 07, 2017 6:57 pm

SuperFly76 wrote:Can't wait for the t verb week. That will round out my Eventide reverb collection. Got Black Hole, and Room Verb from previous sales.
Don't forget about Fission, I really like the reverb in it. It could do dual reverbs, also sounds cool when combined with the other effects and tweaked using the transient and tonal components. It could sound like a modernized blackhole, which is exactly what I've been waiting for. Both complimenting each other nicely.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

KVRian
968 posts since 29 Sep, 2006

Post Mon May 08, 2017 3:29 am

From the list of features on the Eventide site:

- Halls, Chambers, Rooms, Plates, and Ambience derived from Eventide's flagship hardware processor, the H8000 UltraHarmonizer.
-Stereo Delays (pre or post reverb) with Tempo sync to lock delays in time with your session.
-Compressor (pre or post reverb) with key input.
-Pre-EQ, Post-EQ, Reverb EQ and Delay EQ – Four independent, three band parametric equalizers.
-Reverb Tail Randomization based on the legendary H949 Harmonizer Random setting.
-Modulation Rate and Depth controls.
-LoFi control for subtle grit or all out mangling.
-Create acoustically natural or other-worldly environments.

Capable of some deep tweaking.
The delays and equalizers are more deep then the other reverbs I have.
The LoFi feature can create some wild Fx.
Very cool having a compressor on board (pre or post reverb), haven't seen this before.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

KVRAF

Topic Starter

2796 posts since 31 Aug, 2011

Post Mon May 08, 2017 5:22 am

ENV1 wrote:I remember it having a very pleasant 'enveloping' character, i.e. you almost couldnt tell that its there when it was turned on but you instantly heard how much is missing when you turned it off.
For the Record: I have to take that back. Turns out i was really talking about PhoenixVerb when i said that, i.e. case of bad memory.

However, i found that UltraReverb (i was able to check out both again yesterday) can get into similar territory if applied sparingly. Its perhaps not quite as 'enshrouding' as Phoenix can be at comparable wet-levels, but damn, its still an insanely good deal if youre looking for a high-end Revay/Delerb and dont mind the iLok requirement.

(Or at least it was, i should say, since it has ended now.)

Banned
3896 posts since 17 Jan, 2017 from Planet of cats

Post Mon May 08, 2017 8:05 am

Blackhole bought ^^

Return to “Effects”