Eventide Weekly Deals: 2016 Stereo Room for $47

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
2016 Stereo Room H9 Series: Blackhole Tverb UltraReverb

Distorted Horizon wrote:Blackhole bought ^^
Thread title adapted to cover this weeks deal.

This Week: Blackhole

Coming up:
Week 3: Tverb $97 (MSRP $249)
Week 4: 2016 Stereo Room $47 (MSRP $199)

An interesting example of Blackhole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORCDHkfafZI

How would you compare Blackhole with Wormhole (Zynaptiq)? What should I get?

Seems like Blackhole is rather a reverb effect, while Wormhole is rather a pitch shifting effect? Looks very cool though, definitely something i will keep an eye on. Wonder if they make sales, because, 199 € is quite hefty.

chk071 wrote:Seems like Blackhole is rather a reverb effect, while Wormhole is rather a pitch shifting effect? Looks very cool though, definitely something i will keep an eye on. Wonder if they make sales, because, 199 € is quite hefty.
Zynaptiq does not do sales very often. Blackhole has been on sale for that price at least three times in the last two years or so.

Yep, i grabbed it for 50 € also some time ago too. Shame Zynaptic don't do sales so often. Wormhole looks really interesting.

I was literally flashed by the sound of the Eventide Desktop/Pedal-Reverb Space in this 3-year old video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6ZI3bgu3pk) transferring the sound of the SH-101 unreal from here to then and back. Anyone any idea if Blackhole could do this, too?

Definitely. It even shows the Blackhole preset (or algorithm), which Blackhole was modelled on. :)

chk071 wrote:Definitely. It even shows the Blackhole preset (or algorithm), which Blackhole was modelled on. :)
Thank you; you are right, chk071. Nevertheless I still wonder, why in terms of price why there is so a remarkable gap between hardware and software if vst plugins -also in regard to instruments- can be so close/similar in sound to hardware..

Pazzior wrote:
chk071 wrote:Definitely. It even shows the Blackhole preset (or algorithm), which Blackhole was modelled on. :)
Thank you; you are right, chk071. Nevertheless I still wonder, why in terms of price why there is so a remarkable gap between hardware and software if vst plugins -also in regard to instruments- can be so close/similar in sound to hardware..
Hardware DSP has to include the cost of a tiny computer. And a metal box. And knobs and LEDS and footswitches and power supplies and all that stuff. And the cost of getting things tested for FCC compliance. And shipping. And selling through a 3rd party retailer that will want to make a profit on things.

martinjuenke wrote:How would you compare Blackhole with Wormhole (Zynaptiq)? What should I get?
Wormhole can do so much more as a creative effect. But if you want Blackhole style reverbs and beyond, have a look at Zynaptiq's Adaptiverb.

Fleer wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:How would you compare Blackhole with Wormhole (Zynaptiq)? What should I get?
Wormhole can do so much more as a creative effect. But if you want Blackhole style reverbs and beyond, have a look at Zynaptiq's Adaptiverb.
Thanx, I'll do that, looks promising!

Ultra reverb is pure gold to drums. And holy shit what magic blackhole does to everything else! My songs just got a bump to level in ambience and.. Not sure what I'm writing but you can believe that I'm excited as hell :D

valhallasound wrote:
Pazzior wrote:
Hardware DSP has to include the cost of a tiny computer. And a metal box. And knobs and LEDS and footswitches and power supplies and all that stuff. And the cost of getting things tested for FCC compliance. And shipping. And selling through a 3rd party retailer that will want to make a profit on things.
Speaking of hardware.. When do we see hardware Valhallas? ;)

martinjuenke wrote:Have all Valhallas, don't need more reverbs etc...
We are all so fickle :D :D

Return to “Effects”