IK "Crazy" Deal on Amplitube 4.2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 4 AmpliTube Custom Shop

Googly Smythe wrote:
masterhiggins wrote:I wish they had a complete bass player package for people that didn't want 50 different Marshall amps.
Don't they have an Ampeg bundle?
Indeed they do. :) I just meant all of their bass amps in a bundle, like Fender Bassmans, TBP-1, Orange bass amps, trace elliot bass amps, ampegs, just stuff for bass players who don't have a regular guitar. I think that would be a potential niche. However, I do understand if the bass player quotient is significantly lower than those of the guitar players.

Holy moly that is some skilled playing by Greg Koch.
At around 2:50 on it's sweet, wow.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:AmpliTube 4 includes the following which do not come with the CS (free) version: The 5 new amps and respective cabs, Cab Room (including speaker swapping 12" speakers,3D movable dual mics, six room scenes, cabinet mixer, and double dynamic 57), effects loop, 8-track recorder section in the standalone vs 2-track in the free version, Acoustic Sim pedal, 4-track Looper, and UltraTuner.

Note that you also get the amps, stomps, racks, and such from the free AmpliTube CS version so it isn't just the British models and there are some useful effects included for you too. You can either buy what you'd like in Custom Shop or opt for AmpliTube 4 Deluxe which comes with gear from AmpliTube 3 + the new AmpliTube 4 gear and functionality.

For bass players we do have Ampeg SVX available and you can browse bass gear in Custom Shop for more. You could use the Ampeg SVX collection and any a la carte bass gear in the free version but you are correct that if you are going to use the features I list above that are not in the free version you would get some British models included in that. The current promo may make that less of any issue though, since you get more than some amps for that low price.
As a owner of Amplitube 3, and not being a guitar player, there's not in Amplitube 4 that attracts me. Amplitube CS is enough to me.

I have owned AT since ver.2.
Including several add-ons (Fender, Metal, Jimi Hendrix + anniversary, Ampeq etc.).

BTW, the Hendrix stuff is one of the IK flagships, in my books.

I just recently upgraded my AT3 to the AT4,
the looper was one potential motivation.

To my disappointment the looper works only as a standalone.

In addition to that, not only the integration of the looper to the DAW is insufficient, but the internal integration between the looper and the AT4 recorder/mixer is lacking.

I couldn't believe that, but the manual gives the same picture. Can this be true: to this doesn't make any sense. Most typical case when I need the guitar looper is when I practice or test different versions of the guitar part.
To do that you need some part of the arrangement playing back, minumum the drum track.
How to do that with the AT4. You don't. Yes, you can import the (backing) file to the AT4 standalone, but you can't set the imported file to the looper. Why can't you import the file to the first slot of the looper?
And even worse: the imported file goes directly to the AT4 recorder, and you can play it there, but you can't use the looper at the same time when you are listening the backing track.

I can't understand the IK's logic here: they have created the looper, great. But they have implemented in a way which limits is use, to about 10 % where I need it, when working with songs. :dog:

Have I missed something? You can export files from the AT4, too, but what to export, when all the integration between the looper and your DAW song arrangent is eliminated? :?:

The room/mic adjustment is potentially nice, too, but better implemented by some other developers.

Well, I've put off this for a long time (no demo) so I'll dip into my pp stash and give it a whirl. We'll see if it ends up in the market place :hihi:

incubus wrote:Well, I've put off this for a long time (no demo) so I'll dip into my pp stash and give it a whirl. We'll see if it ends up in the market place :hihi:
The free version is essentially the demo. You can try that before you buy.

Googly Smythe wrote:
incubus wrote:Well, I've put off this for a long time (no demo) so I'll dip into my pp stash and give it a whirl. We'll see if it ends up in the market place :hihi:
No, you can't. Those models are no where to demo and the cab improvements are locked out.

incubus wrote:
Googly Smythe wrote:
No, you can't. Those models are no where to demo and the cab improvements are locked out.
Sorry, you used to be able to demo the amps etc via Custom Shop. Guess they changed that.

No, they didn't.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

She's pretty hungry. But I think it was worth it just for the red pig.

Harry_HH wrote:

In addition to that, not only the integration of the looper to the DAW is insufficient, but the internal integration between the looper and the AT4 recorder/mixer is lacking.

I couldn't believe that, but the manual gives the same picture. Can this be true: to this doesn't make any sense. Most typical case when I need the guitar looper is when I practice or test different versions of the guitar part.
To do that you need some part of the arrangement playing back, minumum the drum track.
How to do that with the AT4. You don't. Yes, you can import the (backing) file to the AT4 standalone, but you can't set the imported file to the looper. Why can't you import the file to the first slot of the looper?
And even worse: the imported file goes directly to the AT4 recorder, and you can play it there, but you can't use the looper at the same time when you are listening the backing track.

I can't understand the IK's logic here: they have created the looper, great. But they have implemented in a way which limits is use, to about 10 % where I need it, when working with songs. :dog:

Have I missed something? You can export files from the AT4, too, but what to export, when all
Tbh I don't really get you - why would you need a looper in a sequencer when you can instead record your loop directly onto a track and are much better off?

I would guess their logic is the same as mine: a looper is a tool used/needed exclusively for live-usage; therefor their implementation makes perfect sense to me, while your post doesn't. But maybe that's just because I totally misunderstood you.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:

Have I missed something? You can export files from the AT4, too, but what to export, when all
Tbh I don't really get you - why would you need a looper in a sequencer when you can instead record your loop directly onto a track and are much better off?

I would guess their logic is the same as mine: a looper is a tool used/needed exclusively for live-usage; therefor their implementation makes perfect sense to me, while your post doesn't. But maybe that's just because I totally misunderstood you.
Yes you did. Or we understand different things with the looper.
In Ableton Live 9 there isn't any looper inbuilt. One basic feature in the looper is that every loop you record, will remain saved. Why?
Because this is the way how you can train or refine some part in your song, often the solo or the melody, and afterwards listen all your recordings over the backing track loop and choose the most suitable to your mix.

Live has a looping option but not a looper.
I had earlier Logic, which saved all you looped recordings. Maybe Cubase does that, too.

There are plugins which do that, but once they have built so called looper in to AT4, why not to make a useful one, not just a kindergarten version of the looper, where you can not import backing track to which loop over, nor to use the looper inside your DAW :?: :dog: :dog: :dog:

:shock: :lol:

I still don't have a f**king clue what it is that you want to do...

Because this is the way how you can train or refine some part in your song, often the solo or the melody, and afterwards listen all your recordings over the backing track loop and choose the most suitable to your mix.
But isn't this what takes are for (besides comping of course)? Record in a loop, then switch between takes...

ah... I think I get it - is it possible that Live lacks this basic DAW-functionality, that's why you want to (ab)use another tool for it which hasn't actually been made for this?

edit: but then again you can record into Session Slots in Live.

edit #2:

from Live's Manual:
6. When you are recording into the Arrangement Loop (page 96), Live retains the audio recorded during each pass.
You can later “unroll“ a loop recording, either by repeatedly using the Edit menu’s Undo command or graphically in the Clip View: After loop recording, double-click on the new clip. In the Clip View’s Sample Display, you can see a long sample containing all audio recorded during the loop-recording process. The Clip View’s loop brace defines the audio taken in the last pass; moving the markers left lets you audition the audio from previous passes.

jens wrote::shock: :lol:

I still don't have a f**king clue what it is that you want to do...

But isn't this what takes are for (besides comping of course)? Record in a loop, then switch between takes...

ah... I think I get it - is it possible that Live lacks this basic DAW-functionality, that's why you want to (ab)use another tool for it which hasn't actually been made for this?

edit: but then again you can record into Session Slots in Live.

edit #2:

from Live's Manual:
6. When you are recording into the Arrangement Loop (page 96), Live retains the audio recorded during each pass.
You can later “unroll“ a loop recording, either by repeatedly using the Edit menu’s Undo command or graphically in the Clip View: After loop recording, double-click on the new clip. In the Clip View’s Sample Display, you can see a long sample containing all audio recorded during the loop-recording process. The Clip View’s loop brace defines the audio taken in the last pass; moving the markers left lets you audition the audio from previous passes.

I'm sorry you don't get it.
To me what I described is the primary function of the looper. For you it may be abusing.
On my behalf, I don't have any use for the AT4's present stand alone "looper".

Harry_HH wrote: I had earlier Logic, which saved all you looped recordings. Maybe Cubase does that, too.
Just about every other sequencer out there - besides the one you decided to use - offers you a list of takes where you can easily, comfortably and conveniently switch between any number of takes you recorded during loop-recording.

Return to “Effects”