IK "Crazy" Deal on Amplitube 4.2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 4 AmpliTube Custom Shop

Harry_HH wrote: I'm sorry you don't get it.
To me what I described is the primary function of the looper. For you it may be abusing.
On my behalf, I don't have any use for the AT4's present stand alone "looper".
It isn't. Take-management nowadays is basic DAW-functionality. You can't expect IKMM to fill the void the Ableton coders left in their (expensive) application.

(and they're at V9 and have more employees that most of their competition)

You're barking up the wrong tree here.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:
Harry_HH wrote: I'm sorry you don't get it.
To me what I described is the primary function of the looper. For you it may be abusing.
On my behalf, I don't have any use for the AT4's present stand alone "looper".
It isn't. Take-management nowadays is basic DAW-functionality. You can't expect IKMM to fill the void the Ableton coders left in their (expensive) application.

(and they're at V9 and have more employees that most of their competition)

You're barking up the wrong tree here.
That may be your opinion.
With the same effort than launching this kindergarten looper, IKM could have done a useful tool.

So I take it you never complained to Ableton that their 300$ DAW software isn't doing what all their competition is doing and what clearly falls into the area of core functionality of the application they sold to you, right? (Or did you? What did they answer?)

But now you are complaining to a completely different company that their amplifier simulation plugin isn't properly filling this gap by adding that functionality which you are missing.

Did it ever come to your mind that perhaps - just perhaps - the guys at IKMM don't even know Live good enough to know that it can't do what it is supposed to do?

(I mean even if they were game - and it if was any profitable for them - to enhance the functionality of their looper so that it is doing what loopers were never supposed to do?)

Kindergarten? Take a good look at yourself, I'm inclined to say... :shrug:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:So I take it you never complained to Ableton that their 300$ DAW software isn't doing what all their competition is doing and what clearly falls into the area of core functionality of the application they sold to you, right? (Or did you? What did they answer?)

But now you are complaining to a completely different company that their amplifier simulation plugin isn't properly filling this gap by adding that functionality which you are missing.

Did it ever come to your mind that perhaps - just perhaps - the guys at IKMM don't even know Live good enough to know that it can't do what it is supposed to do?

(I mean even if they were game - and it if was any profitable for them - to enhance the functionality of their looper so that it is doing what loopers were never supposed to do?)

Kindergarten? Take a good look at yourself, I'm inclined to say... :shrug:
Don't take those IKM shortages in person. Although they make such a robust bugs, you may be quite alright. 8)

Another example of the virtue of patience. I am not a huge fan of A4, with the exception of the Red Pig. I've more or less made Scuffham my 'go-to' sim.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Harry_HH wrote: In Ableton Live 9 there isn't any looper inbuilt.
Live 8 introduced a Looper plugin as one of the built-in audio devices. It's still there in 9.

Gamma-UT wrote:
Harry_HH wrote: In Ableton Live 9 there isn't any looper inbuilt.
Live 8 introduced a Looper plugin as one of the built-in audio devices. It's still there in 9.
Thank you for the hint. Live's looper does not separate different takes. You can set the loop lenght, and that's the way to get (X) separate takes, when the loop lenght is X times your background lenght.

But all takes are in one long file, and needs quantification and splitting.
E.g. Logic wrote (writes?) each loop to its own track. I wished an inbuilt looper to the guitar plugin (inside the DAW), because for me guitar is the most typical instrument which needs several separate takes. MIDI data is easy to edit afterwards, guitar(s) is the few analog instruments left (in addition to the vocal), which is not MIDI -based, in my work flow.

You could create a set of X number of dummy clips in session view with whatever length you want the take to be, then set the follow action of all those dummy clips to go to the next clip after the loop/take is complete. I *think* that should then do exactly what you'd like it to do.

mcbpete wrote:You could create a set of X number of dummy clips in session view with whatever length you want the take to be, then set the follow action of all those dummy clips to go to the next clip after the loop/take is complete. I *think* that should then do exactly what you'd like it to do.
Once again, thank you for the hint, I have to check what the Live's clip follow action can do here (or what I can do). I've never used that, thought it was more for Dj-type live playing in playback performance. But use the follow action as a creative tool in recording, that's new to me.

So I've had this for a few days now, and it's really something. The difference is mostly the mix/cab section. AT3 ain't go nothin' on that.

Actually, it's so good, you can ditch alternate reverb on it. The stereo panning is divine and the rooms are really good.

One thing for those not familiar with it, before you drive yourself crazy with the "WTF, why do I hear the clean sound" thing, it has a "DI" meter. Just ditch it and you are good to go.

Ok, I'm just going to say it, and everyone can just disagree all they want:

RED PIG is the BEST amp simulator of ALL TIME.

I didn't stutter ....... :shrug:

Return to “Effects”