Positive Grid giving away their Pro Series EQs free for 24 hours

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah no upgrade button here...

Unbelievable.. they still haven't fixed the two sliders at the bottom of the plugins (input/output gain). These are still not remembered by the host when saving a project.. and thus always reset to zero when you open your project. Basically making the sliders useless.

Also, none of the controls are available for automation.

EDIT: And the Tube EQ is still heavily distorting at it's default settings.. with no way to gain stage it properly from within the plugin.. because the digital input/output sliders aren't being recognized as actual VST plugin controls, thus their settings are NOT saved. This company is just so incredibly fail that it boggles the mind. :dog:

At least they fixed the rest of the knobs remembering their positions when you reload the project. I guess that's a start.. :hihi:

These are some seriously dodgy plugins, even by freeware standards.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Same here in Logic Pro X don't remember the positions of the input output faders.
However Digital EQ sounds amazing. It's full EQ with filters.
Very usable thought.

Just press Feedback button and report all bugs. Just did that...

@bmanic

You're right, I didn't even notice that. Oh well, these are still the most interesting thing
I've seen from them yet.

Den* wrote: Just press Feedback button and report all bugs. Just did that...
I've reported ALL the problems previously.. more than a year ago when they launched the first VST plugins. Heck, even the tube EQ distorting. I reported that day one.

Same for some of the compressors distorting horribly right out of the box at default settings. I'm pretty sure they just don't care.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote:
Den* wrote: Just press Feedback button and report all bugs. Just did that...
I've reported ALL the problems previously.. more than a year ago when they launched the first VST plugins. Heck, even the tube EQ distorting. I reported that day one.

Same for some of the compressors distorting horribly right out of the box at default settings. I'm pretty sure they just don't care.
I also sent a number of detailed reports to them around 2 years ago, with no response.

Same severe issues still remain.

They are just a shitty company, and I can't think of any other current audio software developer that I'd say that about.

ok, downloaded a file over 600 MB !!!!!!! insane

installed, no option for VST only, took a few minutes to track down and delete over half a gigabyte of useless formats from my hard drive.
go to activate, there's a problem with the challenge/response, says my email is invalid.
No word from support, i'm guessing they're flooded with emails to the tune of, "i'm having a problem authorising".

ok, my beliefs are often very different from the norm but I'll go ahead and say it... If your general installation and auth system is so convoluted and frustrating, than you are not in the audio plugin business, you're in the copy protection business. And you suck at it.
You're gonna piss people off and they won't end up even using your free software, let alone start buying plugins from you.
You're wasting everybody's time. ESPECIALLY your own. Just like Black Rooster, if your system wasn't so frustrating, I would have been on the bus, buying your stuff by now. But no dice, as a customer i'm tired of suffering poorly implemented copy protections just to make music. I sound ungrateful fair enough, but that's missing the point of what i'm trying to say. Missing the boat. A missed trick.
If you can't get the free shit right, then what is gonna make people want to persevere to the paid stuff? Basic stuff guys.

sqigls wrote: If you can't get the free shit right, then what is gonna make people want to persevere to the paid stuff? Basic stuff guys.
Yep, I agree. These days if you're an unknown quantity I use the free stuff to evaluate the entire product purchase/usage cycle. I haven't been too impressed with their stuff, which for me, has all been free. I haven't spent any money with them yet and I'm not sure that I'm even going to leave their free stuff installed at this point.

The big purge is coming!!!

bmanic wrote:Unbelievable.. These are some seriously dodgy plugins, even by freeware standards.
+1
I just went through the motions with the EQs and I'm not impressed at all even as a marketware stunt. Uninstalling.
Feel free to call me Brian.

Installed the Digital EQ......took one look at it......uninstalled. Moving on....... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Installed the Digital EQ......took one look at it......uninstalled. Moving on....... :tu:
Right ?!? That's one fugly U/I. To be fair, I think that it's the worst of the lot.

bmanic wrote:Unbelievable.. they still haven't fixed the two sliders at the bottom of the plugins (input/output gain). These are still not remembered by the host when saving a project.. and thus always reset to zero when you open your project. Basically making the sliders useless.

Those sliders are just like levels meters, but in Digital EQ you have in the middle input, and output controls that works nice.

I don't see any problems for use this one. This Digital EQ is not harsh at all in the high's or hi-mids.
I used it on one mix, and it sounds the best from all others. Very analog sounding curves, and they are stating this;

"We used analog filters to match the frequency response for each EQ module: digital, tube, and passive EQ.

The Pro Series EQ match process uses analog filters to match the frequency response difference, without adding post filters to compensate the frequency response difference. The end result is a more natural sound with real world analog sound characteristics."

Digital EQ sounds transparent..

I don't want to comment GUI because doesn't matter after all since I can dial in the settings.
Like OP said: "Anyway, not to look a gift horse in the mouth, pretty damn fine giveaway"

However it's free, and it's useful.
Thanks Positive Grid

Touch The Universe wrote:PG TUBE EQ :o :love:

Awesome EQ! Try it on a drumloop :wink:

Only one I'm keeping though, need to minimize clutter. Maybe Ill have a closer look of the others sometime later, but for now, this one shines out the most, imo. 8)
+1
Yes indeed really good sounding EQ.
My favorite is 12AT7 mode.

:tu:

...mixed lot. I absolutely loved their distortion freebie from focusrite. free...can't complain. Thanks for the heads up!! and I can confirm that the facebook logon will not authorize. you need a tonecloud login which doesn't even need confirmation. very quick.

installed one of the eq and it gets stuck on the activation screen, uninstalled quickly, life is too short...
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Effects”