MTurboReverb, possibly the most powerful algorithmic reverb ever made

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MTurboReverb

Hi folks,

just released MTurboReverb, possibly the most powerful algorithmic reverb ever made, has been released. It is free for MTotalFXBundle users. Its' limited edition MTurboReverbLE is free for MMixingFXBundle, MMasteringFXBundle and MCreativeFXBundle users. For the rest of the customers it is now available for an introductory price. It has been added to MXXX and MPowerSynth as well.

Let me know what you think!

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I'm happy with the LE version as part of the Creative bundle. That programming was too much for me. Although being able to adjust some of the edit parameters would be nice. but I can live with the parameters in the fancy presets.

Here is a retrospective: Vojtech was implying that there were good and bad reverbs. I opposed with the idea that all reverbs have a use and therefore there can't be a bad reverb. I challenged him to create an example of what he believes to be a bad reverb. I in turn was challenged to write a song with it proving: There is no such thing as a bad reverb.

The reverb is all the sounds you hear start this piece of "music". The modulated parts are the modulation features within the reverb programming.

I win! :wheee:

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/vojtechs-nightmare

the best reverb ever made

Thank you! :love:

plexxuss: Hehe yeah :D. I must say though, that I wouldn't recommend listening to this before going to sleep :D.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I felt for the clickbait title and got a bit disapointed. Maybe the issues I had get fast explained by the developer: 1) my av spit out warnings about the installer and during the installation process. Its the 1st time my av did warn me about anything in a couple of years :lol: 2) I can't find MTurboReverbLE. In the installer I "selected all" with the button but only MTurboReverb and MTurboReverbMB show up. 3) Hell this plugin is cpu hungry compared to others. :o I took for example one of the bigger rooms and it takes up to 3-4 times more cpu as a similar sounding Valhalla Room. And what bothers me more is cpu only goes down to 0% if I deactivate or delete the plugin from the chain. 4) I was searching for a way to lock the dry/wet amout during preset switching. After several combinations of shift & click, alt & click, ... , and 15 minutes of trying I noticed the "display locks" button. To me this is a bit mis-designed. At least the most important parameter (which is dry/wet) should have the lock available always & instant.

I like the creative presets very much but I doubt there are that many situations I'll need them :D

kjy5483 wrote:the best reverb ever made
You've three posts and they are all the same. :hihi:

Igro wrote:
You've three posts and they are all the same. :hihi:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: busted

I love it!
But you love it 3 times as much!
True love :love:

I'm confused by what MXXX actually is. You say this reverb is added to MXXX. Does that mean you need to purchase it for it to show up in MXXX or MXXX now includes it?

It's included if you buy or already own MXXX.
But you can buy MTurboReverb separately like any other of the Melda plugins

Hey folks, thanks for the feedback! Ok, so DocSnyder:

1) my av spit out warnings about the installer and during the installation process. Its the 1st time my av did warn me about anything in a couple of years :lol:

This is actually quite common these days, and it's a problem of the AVs. They just really like to report something, despite it is a nonsense... One would need to report false warnings to them all the time, horrible. It's better without them. I routinely install them, just to check every system here and then remove them asap :D.

2) I can't find MTurboReverbLE. In the installer I "selected all" with the button but only MTurboReverb and MTurboReverbMB show up.

MTurboReverbLE is just a type of licence. If it would be a special plugins, then people who'd upgrade from the LE to full version would be in trouble.

3) Hell this plugin is cpu hungry compared to others. :o I took for example one of the bigger rooms and it takes up to 3-4 times more cpu as a similar sounding Valhalla Room. And what bothers me more is cpu only goes down to 0% if I deactivate or delete the plugin from the chain.

Actually it's deadly fast. Do not forget you can literally program the algorithm itself, and that's what defines the CPU consumption. And certainly you can design algorithms that will burn a supercomputer :D, but you can also design very efficient ones. Many of the active presets are fast, others are slow. Many are actually several reverbs in parallel, that doesn't really help either :D. Valhalla Room was actually the main inspiration in the beginning, since it is pretty much the only reverb on the market I really like, and it is very fast, but if I remember correctly the attempt to make something similar is not preset "Room", and it was probably 2x as fast actually (64-bit version). It may vary between systems.

4) I was searching for a way to lock the dry/wet amout during preset switching. After several combinations of shift & click, alt & click, ... , and 15 minutes of trying I noticed the "display locks" button. To me this is a bit mis-designed. At least the most important parameter (which is dry/wet) should have the lock available always & instant.

There was actually recently a discussion about this, it is pretty much the solution we came up with. Maybe it's not ideal, dunno, but if you think about it, most reverbs do not have any kinds of locks at all, so it's hardly a deal breaker. Anyways it's one click away. Maybe the display locks button could be made more obvious?

yellowmix:

MXXX contains pretty much all other plugins (except multiband ones since you can program multiband inside it), so it just means the MTurboReverb is included in it. Same for MPowerSynth's FX section.

kjy5483

Hehe I can see only one comment from him, so I'm not exactly sure what's going on here, but I'm glad he likes it 8)
Vojtech

Hi, I tried the demo of MTurboReverb and loved it, but I have no need to create my own reverbs so I was going to get MTurboReverbLE. I saw a thread where users were posting custom presets and I was wondering if I will be able to use presets created in MTurboReverb in MTurboReverbLE?

Thank you! :love:
And yes, you will be able to use anything anyone creates with the full version, you just won't be able to access the Edit screen ;)
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:4) I was searching for a way to lock the dry/wet amout during preset switching. After several combinations of shift & click, alt & click, ... , and 15 minutes of trying I noticed the "display locks" button. To me this is a bit mis-designed. At least the most important parameter (which is dry/wet) should have the lock available always & instant.

There was actually recently a discussion about this, it is pretty much the solution we came up with. Maybe it's not ideal, dunno, but if you think about it, most reverbs do not have any kinds of locks at all, so it's hardly a deal breaker. Anyways it's one click away. Maybe the display locks button could be made more obvious
While it's true that most reverbs do not have locks, parameter locking is a HUGELY useful feature on reverbs. The obvious one that you see most often is "mix", enabling the switching of reverbs when used as an insert.

Liquidsonics Seventh Heaven Pro, which was recently released, has a number of parameters that can be enabled to lock between reverb changes. The locking it enabled with one lock icon and locks/unlocks all the parameters you select in the preferences to work with the locking. This feature is insanely useful and enables one to set up the physical nature of the reverb and keep that locked while trying different reverb types. This feature has me using 7HP more often than other reverbs because it enables me to quickly find the best reverb for my application. the parameters you can lock relate to levels, tone and time. with them all on, when you switch reverb types, the reverb retains a consistent structure and tone but the nature of the "room" changes. amazing.

So yes, most reverbs do not have locks but the good ones at least have locks for mix and some balancing parameters. the great ones have options to lock tonal and time parameters.

Here you have lock for every parameter and you can even hide them all if you don't want to see them. IMO that is a great feature and I'm happy with it.

Return to “Effects”