Tokyo Dawn Records rereleases OD DeEdger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OD DeEdger

Autobot wrote:
Burillo wrote:yeah, right. +1. "crazy off-topic accusations" towards a person who said that he sees no reason to buy the plugin because he can abuse the demo limitations to use it for free. people who point this out are bad for publicity!
Yes right. No one else would get the idea to use it in demo mode 4ever.
well, it's not like people don't know of existence of cracks either, so your point?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

rabbit in a hole

Guys, you are f**king SICK :!:

Internet warriors

Show some respect and stop acting like children ffs.....
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

I thought I'd best download the demo incase the Youtube demo was masking some of the subtlety through the compression though .... my word it's a darn subtle plugin ! Even turning the Depth up to 10 on 'problem' frequencies I could barely make out any difference (like any difference at all!). The bars certainly showed a big change, though just not in my ears :D

<><><><><><><><>
Last edited by Aloysius on Wed May 31, 2017 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

mcbpete wrote:I thought I'd best download the demo incase the Youtube demo was masking some of the subtlety through the compression though .... my word it's a darn subtle plugin ! Even turning the Depth up to 10 on 'problem' frequencies I could barely make out any difference (like any difference at all!). The bars certainly showed a big change, though just not in my ears :D
Well that's the whole point of mastering...making small, smart and sutble moves.
I must admit that I had to focus and concentrate when I demoed this tool. But that's a good point because it means that it's very transparent evennn when it's pushed hard.
I don't have "Mastering Grade Earing" :cry: but I think it's a great way to train our ears to be
more accurate. :)

You can't hear what it's doing because you have hobbyist ears and monitors (:

Hermetech Mastering wrote:Nope, not a fan of BX plugs.
BX plugs ROCK.....
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Those of you that can't hear what it is doing are possibly attempting to use it to reduce harsh frequencies.

This is not what this plug is for. It gets to work on the leading edges of sounds.

Try it on a clap or closed hat, and you should hear what it does very clearly. Hopefully when you do, you'll be able to imagine plenty of scenarios where this plugin can save the day in record time.

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

This process could go hand-in-hand with compression for a very impressive result

djscorb wrote:Those of you that can't hear what it is doing are possibly attempting to use it to reduce harsh frequencies.

This is not what this plug is for. It gets to work on the leading edges of sounds.

Try it on a clap or closed hat, and you should hear what it does very clearly. Hopefully when you do, you'll be able to imagine plenty of scenarios where this plugin can save the day in record time.

Cheers

Scorb
Yeah it isn't in the same domain as Bx_Refinement. Refinement is about frequencial harshness while DeEdger is more about to tame agressive or disturbing transient content in a mix.

djscorb wrote:Those of you that can't hear what it is doing are possibly attempting to use it to reduce harsh frequencies.

Cheers

Scorb
:tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aha, sorry yeah missed that quite-big detail ! So would a multiband transient shaper (Eg Flux's BitterSweet Pro or MMultiBandTransient) do something similar, or is this like a transient designer combined with a compressor ?

Return to “Effects”