iZotope Neutron Elements

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
User avatar
Russell Grand
KVRAF
2789 posts since 22 May, 2017

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:24 pm

BRBWaffles wrote: My only gripe is the lack of dynamic EQ.
That's just one of the reasons that spending the extra $70 is worth it to get the full version of Neutron.

SparkySpark
KVRAF
2204 posts since 30 Aug, 2004 from Lancaster, UK

Post Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:24 am

A question: do you know if this works for MuLab? Many hosts are specified (including Reaper) but not MuLab or the lesser known DAWs.

Thanks!
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

heks
KVRist
347 posts since 28 Oct, 2002

Post Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:38 am

SparkySpark wrote:A question: do you know if this works for MuLab? Many hosts are specified (including Reaper) but not MuLab or the lesser known DAWs.

Thanks!
Working in latest version of MuLab 7 here with no problems (Pc, win 10)

SparkySpark
KVRAF
2204 posts since 30 Aug, 2004 from Lancaster, UK

Post Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:52 am

Nice, thanks!

Do you find it useful together with MuLab? I'd love to hear how you use it and in what way you find it useful in the MuLab setting. : )
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

heks
KVRist
347 posts since 28 Oct, 2002

Post Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:50 am

It was so cheep I just thought I'd check it out. As it is, it has no advantage for me over Alloy2. If I get some spare cash I may get the standard version for the masking module and every so often izotope have good upgrade offers. :wink:

BRBWaffles
KVRist
137 posts since 22 May, 2017

Post Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:00 am

Russell Grand wrote:
BRBWaffles wrote: My only gripe is the lack of dynamic EQ.
That's just one of the reasons that spending the extra $70 is worth it to get the full version of Neutron.
It might be worth it. I make it a point to never spent more than $30 on a plugin, because I personally don't believe that most plugins are actually worth much more than that. Plugins like channel strips, AIOs, or FX racks are arguably a different story, however. I've been torn about whether to spend the $40 and get the MJUC for over a year, haha.

DarkStar
KVRAF
10043 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Post Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:36 am

^^^^
Stop waffling and just get it.
;)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

User avatar
Russell Grand
KVRAF
2789 posts since 22 May, 2017

Post Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:57 am

DarkStar wrote:^^^^
Stop waffling and just get it.
;)
:hihi:

User avatar
Russell Grand
KVRAF
2789 posts since 22 May, 2017

Post Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:01 am

BRBWaffles wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:
BRBWaffles wrote: My only gripe is the lack of dynamic EQ.
That's just one of the reasons that spending the extra $70 is worth it to get the full version of Neutron.
It might be worth it. I make it a point to never spent more than $30 on a plugin, because I personally don't believe that most plugins are actually worth much more than that. Plugins like channel strips, AIOs, or FX racks are arguably a different story, however. I've been torn about whether to spend the $40 and get the MJUC for over a year, haha.
:hihi: Wow, spending $40 on a plug at least once won't bite ya! :hihi:
But I do tend to agree with you that most plugs aren't worth the extra coin and like you I'm usually very picky about what I chose to spend my money on. Most VSTs are crazy expensive for what they offer. I would say that Neutron is well worth the cost (at least right now while it's on sale for $99; the original MSRP is another story), but at the very least take the plunge and get MJUC! It's well worth that extra 10 bucks! :tu:

BRBWaffles
KVRist
137 posts since 22 May, 2017

Post Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:33 pm

Russell Grand wrote:
BRBWaffles wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:
BRBWaffles wrote: My only gripe is the lack of dynamic EQ.
That's just one of the reasons that spending the extra $70 is worth it to get the full version of Neutron.
It might be worth it. I make it a point to never spent more than $30 on a plugin, because I personally don't believe that most plugins are actually worth much more than that. Plugins like channel strips, AIOs, or FX racks are arguably a different story, however. I've been torn about whether to spend the $40 and get the MJUC for over a year, haha.
:hihi: Wow, spending $40 on a plug at least once won't bite ya! :hihi:
But I do tend to agree with you that most plugs aren't worth the extra coin and like you I'm usually very picky about what I chose to spend my money on. Most VSTs are crazy expensive for what they offer. I would say that Neutron is well worth the cost (at least right now while it's on sale for $99; the original MSRP is another story), but at the very least take the plunge and get MJUC! It's well worth that extra 10 bucks! :tu:
I probably should, and I agree with everything you said. I can understand as well that expensive is a relative term. There are certainly convolution reverb plugins that took thousands and thousands of dollars to develop. Y'know, you have to rent a space, truck the gear in, record your clicks, pops, and gunshots for a couple hours, pack up and move to the next space you want to capture. An endeavour like that gets expensive quickly. So, it could very well be that a $500 convolution or hybrid reverb may be relatively inexpensive when you factor in the cost of the plugin's development. But then there are companies like Audiority that seem to be at the peak of mediocrity who'll charge you $25 for a highpass filter that's probably less than 20 lines of code total.

DarkStar
KVRAF
10043 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Post Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:00 pm

Well, I finally got the User Guide sorted out, after contacting iZotope support.
  • (a) the help is only in HTML format, no PDF
    (b) iZotope Support provided the Help files,
    (c) the 'HTML Help' folder needs to be placed in:
    ...\<<user account>>\Documents\iZotope\Neutron Elements
    (d) then it can be accessed from within the plug-in.

For information, the Neutron User Manual is here: https://www.izotope.com/en/support/supp ... ly/neutron
-------------------
PS: Did anyone-else get the Help installed automatically?
Last edited by DarkStar on Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

db3
KVRAF
2691 posts since 22 Aug, 2012

Post Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:30 pm

DarkStar wrote:^^^^
Stop waffling and just get it.
;)
+1

SparkySpark
KVRAF
2204 posts since 30 Aug, 2004 from Lancaster, UK

Post Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:06 pm

Sorry for a newbie question, but I will not have proper evaluation time before the offer runs out:

I am more into song writing and composing (80's style where "more is more", like DM or Pet Shop Boys) than into mixing. Therefore I hope that this plugin can help me with setting vocal levels etc for the mixing process. Is that to be expected? I looked at the video on their site but it doesn't really say anything tbh.

Thanks!
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

garryknight
KVRian

Topic Starter

1158 posts since 6 Jan, 2015 from London, England

Post Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:08 am

The EQ, compressor, exciter, limiter, and Track Assistant can all help. Rx Elements could help clean up vocals, and Ozone Elements can polish it all off. But I'd recommend that you save money towards getting Nectar Elements instead, which is designed specifically for working with vocals. Or Nectar 2 Suite if you're really serious about vocals.

SparkySpark
KVRAF
2204 posts since 30 Aug, 2004 from Lancaster, UK

Post Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:30 pm

Thanks a lot for your helpful reply, Garry!
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Return to “Effects”