AD Dubstation 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Harry_HH wrote:
?? Sounds strange.
If you make a new account, how the system can indentify that you are the owner of the ver. 1?
https://www.audiodamage.com/collections ... -2-upgrade
This is an upgrade for existing owners of Dubstation 1 and Dubstation 1.5. You must have a legitimate license of one of those two plugins installed to use this version.

Kr3eM wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
?? Sounds strange.
If you make a new account, how the system can indentify that you are the owner of the ver. 1?
https://www.audiodamage.com/collections ... -2-upgrade
This is an upgrade for existing owners of Dubstation 1 and Dubstation 1.5. You must have a legitimate license of one of those two plugins installed to use this version.
If only the product/store sites could include all relevant information, one shouldn´t ask unnecessary questions in the forums.

Harry_HH wrote:
twolegstoneworks wrote:
Harry_HH wrote: I mailed them, too. No response.
Which email did you use, info@audiodamage.com (?)
Yep, same one.

Here's the exact answer from Chris btw:
Just make a new account in the new store and buy the upgrade; easy as that.
?? Sounds strange.
And if you have then 2 accounts, is that a bit difficult to handle and remeber which products your have in each?
I did the same thing yesterday it was fine. Maybe it's the honor system. I wouldn't worry about it. Just try it, it'll work. I now have an account on the new site with just Dubstation 2, and my old account has all my other products including the original Dubstation.

The old site is still available for now. I suggest you go to the old site, download everything, and back it up somewhere safe.

Harry_HH wrote:If only the product/store sites could include all relevant information, one shouldn´t ask unnecessary questions in the forums.
I'm not sure if I understand you correct, but for the sake of clarity; what I wrote is a direct quote from that link / the actual product upgrade page.

But sure, it could be much more obvious and more properly displayed, unfortunally the commucation of proper and complete information seems to be something of problem for more and more companies these days. Lack of information about demo restrictions, copy protection dependencies and similair stuff seem to be increasing without no end. It waste peoples time and basicly may very well put potential customers off.

I will be getting the update as I currently have DS.
I can't do that for about 6 hours.
To those of you that have done the update, I assume the old DS still loads and the new version is basically a separate new plugin, correct ?

Now that's a flat interface. Kind of reminds me of:

Beatworld wrote:I will be getting the update as I currently have DS.
To those of you that have done the update, I assume the old DS still loads and the new version is basically a separate new plugin, correct ?
Correct.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Beatworld wrote:I will be getting the update as I currently have DS.
Correct.
Thanks FET

Terrafractyl wrote:As much as DS 1 was used heavily in my projects for many many years, Looking at version 2 leaves me a little underwhelmed.

vers 1 was great, mainly cause it was super quick and easy to use and sounded pretty decent.
Looking at vers 2, tbh I have no love for the new GUI, bland central...(IMO of course) and the slight added functionality of the LFO and the dual/ping pong mode, feels like it actually takes away from its focus. Delays have com a long way since vers 1. Function wise if I want a delay that can do lots a stuff, I will open Sandman pro or something that lets you get really creative. Not this, Sorry.
I bought the upgrade and won't return it, but I mostly agree with this. I've been a fan of Dubstation 1 and then 1.5 for ages but the additions here invite comparison to more full-featured creative delays, and don't really hold a candle to those. It just feels kind of rushed and half-assed.

The LFO has only the one shape, is limited to 5Hz, and can't be tempo synced. It's good for basic chorus/flanger effects and a sort of Boards of Canada -like detuning, but a faster LFO with a square option could have been useful for many other creative options.

You can't offset the two delays by a small non-tempo-synced amount unless you simply don't sync either of them. To me, that's the most basic thing.

You can't dial the stereo width back toward the center without using some other plugin (rarely do I want it panned to extremes).

Saturation doesn't work with loop engaged, only in the normal feedback path.

And the GUI is a step down from Dubstation 1.5, with small text. Minimalism is fine, but why isn't the GUI scalable, or at least, not so small?

To work with Dubstation 2, you need an license of v.1 or v.1.5
The old version license works with v.2 ;) That's why you can make a new account and make the upgrade ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

foosnark wrote:
Terrafractyl wrote:As much as DS 1 was used heavily in my projects for many many years, Looking at version 2 leaves me a little underwhelmed.

vers 1 was great, mainly cause it was super quick and easy to use and sounded pretty decent.
Looking at vers 2, tbh I have no love for the new GUI, bland central...(IMO of course) and the slight added functionality of the LFO and the dual/ping pong mode, feels like it actually takes away from its focus. Delays have com a long way since vers 1. Function wise if I want a delay that can do lots a stuff, I will open Sandman pro or something that lets you get really creative. Not this, Sorry.
I bought the upgrade and won't return it, but I mostly agree with this. I've been a fan of Dubstation 1 and then 1.5 for ages but the additions here invite comparison to more full-featured creative delays, and don't really hold a candle to those. It just feels kind of rushed and half-assed.

The LFO has only the one shape, is limited to 5Hz, and can't be tempo synced. It's good for basic chorus/flanger effects and a sort of Boards of Canada -like detuning, but a faster LFO with a square option could have been useful for many other creative options.

You can't offset the two delays by a small non-tempo-synced amount unless you simply don't sync either of them. To me, that's the most basic thing.

You can't dial the stereo width back toward the center without using some other plugin (rarely do I want it panned to extremes).

Saturation doesn't work with loop engaged, only in the normal feedback path.

And the GUI is a step down from Dubstation 1.5, with small text. Minimalism is fine, but why isn't the GUI scalable, or at least, not so small?
+1
And, especially, in my high resolution display the GUI really sucks. To me it looks like the vintage elegant DS1 has with the smallest possible effort "upgraded" to something vague, uggly to collect the money. Pitty, because I really hoped that these upgrades was a return of the Audio damage. :?

Dubstation 2 just got updated to 2.0.1 with a resizable GUI. There's no way to set a default, but any changes are saved with your project/session so you only need to really resize it once.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Dubstation 2 just got updated to 2.0.1 with a resizable GUI. There's no way to set a default, but any changes are saved with your project/session so you only need to really resize it once.
In Fl Studio the size gets reset every time the UI loads, even after saving it in a project

The Readme says, "Unfortunately it won’t remember your size choice between instances (for various reasons that would be tedious to go in to) but it will remember it per session."

I likely misread what "per session" means in this context. It's now looking like it means "each instance needs to be resized once, until you close your project."

N/M
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”