Trying out reverbs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I've been demoing non Valhalla reverbs since have them. Reverberate2 so far leading but unsure of Bricasti this or that is already added.

Tried Breverb and is good but want more control or FX. Rematrix sounds good but same mention.

Adaptiverb would likely be tops on list but latency is not good at all.

Acon Verberate good but not so different in sounds created.

Spark sounds great but between a Breverb and Acon.

Seventh Heaven requires dongle stick.

Steven Slate done by Liquidsonics and haven't tried.

Did buy Toneboosters because was cheap enough and did some things that wish the Bricasti models could do with more FX.

Going to get one more at some point. Even tried Relayer delay but have many already and still liked it.

All in all Reverberate2 and Relayer closest to getting my attention but Relayer does need better FX in it.

Aah, it's a slippery slope!

I'm always on the search for the best-sounding low-CPU, 0 latency, non-dongled reverbs as the algorithmic 'verbs in my DAWs (Live & Logic) leave something to be desired.

Eventide UltraReverb and Blackhole are worthy contenders.
Some reverbs that don't necessarily sound "top-shelf smooth" (Metric Halo and Focusrite Scarlett) are nonetheless useful in certain situations.

The Valhalla algorithms are closest to what I want from a 'verb (especially VRoom on vocals), though they don't have all the controls I want. So, I'm building Live FX racks with filters, EQ, compression & saturation to address this.

Also worth checking out delays with adjustable diffusion (Valhalla UberMod, NI Replika, Surreal Machines Diffusion, Soundtoys EchoBoy).

Since everyone's production styles and techniques are different, it is always best to try the demos to see how they work for you which you are already doing.

What I like to do is do a complete mix with them.
That way you can hear how they will sound in a finished tune.

Chris-S wrote:I don't see Pro-R in your list.

https://www.fabfilter.com/products/pro-r-reverb-plug-in
Great reverb!
Also, Lexicon, VSSC, VSR S24, UAD, the list goes on.....

You should really check out Hofa System 1, which comes with a highly regarded reverb called Algoverb. It has an introductory price of $60 good until the end of August, IIRC.
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote:which comes with a highly regarded reverb called Algoverb..
I had read "highly retarded reverb" and wondered what the hell you mean. :D

I would like to suggest AriesVerb. It has been a huge surprise to me. It gives a sense of depth I've never heard before. And no dongle.

VSR S24, R4, Aether, B2, Ultrareverb, Rayspace and Redline Reverb are my favourites ever.

If you want to tweak your reverb to the max will full control on what you're doing, I suggest B2, Aether, R4 or the great VSR S24.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

My favourite non-Valhallas: Pro-R, Blackhole, Envelope (DDMF), MConvolutionMB

yeah a number of them are good but leave holes in the plan. I like having your breakfast and lunch reverbs buy want dinner and snacks. Tried Black hole and since do not have Shimmer by Valhalla am stuck should wait for sale or buy Shimmer? Reverberate2 I like the tweaks but don't know if Bricasti is in demo or can get added. I can add ReplikaXT or FF delay or Ubermod to reverbs and get some dreamtime but I want an all in one that may not exist and if does costs too much.

"It's time to play...............tell us what reverb you use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I thought pro r would be my last, then I ended up getting bx room (cheap) and started to like it way more so I sold pro r.

I hate convo verbs. Now that I've put my ticket in the hat, it's time for someone else to say what they use :lol: Frankly, if it's stable and flexible and doesn't cause dropouts (most convo's do) then it's too subjective anyways.

:hihi: I know, right?

A couple others are the RC24 and 48 (names?) from NI, coded by Softube. I got them with Komplete and didn't think much of them until slapping one on some percussion. Sounded good. Although my opinion is probably worth f**k-all when it comes to such matters. :D
A well-behaved signature.

Check out MTurboreverb. It has more features than any other reverb and you can adjust almost everything. It is also more CPU effecient than most other reverbs. On top of that is sounds good and gets frequent updates.

there's also d16 toraverb

and NI reflektor

as well as ers empty 250

refektor is native now?

It was part of GUITAR RIG at one point. Anyways, that was kinda "eh, ok" back in the day. YMMV.

acousticglue wrote:I want an all in one
UltraReverb

Return to “Effects”