Soundspot Oracle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I will steer clear of PluginBoutique in the future. I see JRRShop did not fall for this.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Huh? I certainly wouldn't write Pluginboutique off just because of some rave reviews on their site of a $13 plugin. :hihi: PiB is awesome, it'd certainly be your loss.

I always try new things and give products the benefit of the doubt but who uses this reverb and how? I just can't find a need for it. :D

Of course you guys know that Plugin Boutique gives you some pennies for each review that you submit. I've written a nonsense review sentence for everything that I've purchased from them. Don't write off Plugin Boutique, but, do ignore their reviews and ratings, they are the very definition of a biased slop poll.

SoundSpot Nebula Delay 90% Sale!

Get your hands on this powerful new creative
delay plugin for just £13 / $13
Think I'll skip this one. I don't care how fantastic it might be. :ud:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:

It's exactly like Oracle reverb: nice gui, fun extra features you won't find in other delays, but the main function sounds uninspiring.

kevinsparks wrote:
Aloysius wrote:

It's exactly like Oracle reverb: nice gui, fun extra features you won't find in other delays, but the main function sounds uninspiring.
Tried it out last night, think they missed a lot of modulation options that could have made this more interesting. Got Tantra for about $30 last year from VST Buzz which can do a helluva lot more with far better quality sounds and which even at full price is about half of what the RRP for this synth is.

Regarding SoundSpot's Nebula delay, I first saw it (and was not familiar with any of their other products) and thought it was a neat idea. The interface looks neat, and it seemed interesting. But then I listened to the promo video without watching it, and it was less interesting. I still like the idea of it, but the sound quality could be improved.

Also, I agree that Tantra (by Dmitry Sches) is great for creative audio processing. There are inspiring presets, which you can easily tweak, and sometimes it leads me to an effect or rhythm that I wouldn't have normally thought of on my own.

Dont support soundspot. Great potential but greed is sickness. Oracle keeps crashing and every plugin from soundspot does the same. Only nebula is strong. :D

And they dont have support or any customerservice. Yes they answer to messages, something about meetings and stuff but no real help. *sadface*

Why PB keeps this rotten company on their sale lists? For easy money from noobs like me?

i bought many of soundspot plugins....what can i say ?
i am impressed and disappointed at same time !
i am impressed with style and fact in most cases these plugins works allright. they do what i want.

some are good...some are missunderstood. overall i'm happy with these.

for example percolate is kind of equalizer (garbage?) plugin which just simply tip how to eq drums. shitty indeed. what can i say more ? but at closer look it could be usefull for intuitive fast set eq by graphic siimple tips for percussiom purposes in mix. not so bad.

axis ? this is goooood. very good imaging plugin with multiband compressor. for imaging it's really allright.

paradox equalizer - handy. mid/side and stereo processing selection for each band and these cleaning curves eq options.

velo is decent limiter and very nice in natural peak limiting setting but when set to clipping type of limiting it's quickly infect sound with distortion. overall good if you know how to use it. these little sound character options very nice in this limiter. i found it usefull and quick with safe not destruction type of limiting - when properly set sounds naturall and nice with little character if set. i like. it's amazing for mastering ? rather not in each cases ...only if this sound character which you choose will be proper for type of your track and character of audio.

theres a lot more plugins...

focus is still big ???question??? but i found some usage for that plugin too. i dont like asking my self what that plugin really does in most scenarios. some phasing/stereo image attacking i almost sure it does.they should explain that and give more control on what this plugin actually does.

and finally

ORACLE.
I didnt buyed this plugin. I quickly found this plugin very creative. this is not reall reverb for all purposes. this is kind of speciall fx with reverb mostly for raw sounds/synthesized. i'm not enought tempted to buy this. anyway again i you know how to use it it probably will work amazing for you. i found this pluign interesting but rather not want to invest that amount of money into that. i can archieve these effects with plugins which i have and alreaty buyed in soundspot...maybe i'm wrong. overall it's rather very interesting special fx. if you found usage for this probably you found this amazing.

X-Tech wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:18 pm i bought many of soundspot plugins....what can i say ?
i am impressed and disappointed at same time !
This is the best summary of Soundspot I've read. Some of their plugins (Oracle and Axis come to mind) are truly NOT garbage... you just need to temper your expectations and know what they can and cannot do. If you pick up one or two of their products on their eternal super-sales, you might not regret it.

willsavino wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:07 pmSome of their plugins are NOT garbage. If you pick up one, you might not regret it.
That is the best summary :lol:
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:29 pm
willsavino wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:07 pmSome of their plugins are NOT garbage. If you pick up one, you might not regret it.
...of this 14 page shellacking.

Heard it got 9/10 on Computer Music though...

I'm sure - hate on Oracle plugin is caused by expectations....expectations similiar to really standard Reverb. This is not reverb as expected. Some human beings easly catched idea. Trying to use a wall of reverberation and fx group like standard reverb of course will not give standard result for creating space. It''s reverbed wall of fx. or rather fxed reverb wall.

There is that plugin too called Kickbox. This is allright. At least contain compressor. Similiar idea like with percolate. little shitty toy but on kicks really do the trick mostly allright. no complains.

Firefly compressor ? No regret. this thing nicely kickin transient trough - especially kick. It's punchy thing. sollid. allrright.

Just focus on better soundspot plugins and voila. usefull stuff.

Michael L wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:29 pm
this is funny. anyway their plugins really usefulll in most cases.

Propane. Soundspot. Nooope. Gui is nice...but more and better give MSED from voxengo....FREEE (!)
but there is something. intuitive gui. You see this gui and have idea in your mind as picture.

So yes this is like plugin which not seen internet plugins and like self very much. Anyway i cant complain. Propane do trick well with nice gui but lack of optionality - but this is key here. simple idea in head represented WITH graphic gui. This is toy and simple and works. You see what it does. and it does it. nothing more. shitty in complexity but works. i buyed.

MSW2 stereo imagin plugin. what can i say. it works. I rather will not use this lfo for stereo imaging - maybe one day. Anyway basic stereo imaging i like. is special.

FAT free soundspot filter. I dont know. this thing is for free so i dont know. to cheap for many i guess.
sound seems harsh and hard....interesting overalll i will use it i guess for some movement. overall it's little and interesting a little bit. not bad. allrighty. even very tasty in some cases. yes. this is nice fish.

i'm in love in some soundspot plugins. what can i say.

Return to “Effects”