Soundspot Oracle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have play a little bit with Oracle today , i think this is not a conventional reverb plugin , i found this concept original , i don't think it is a bad plugin ,i think sometime it does the work and sometime not...

hivkorn wrote:I have play a little bit with Oracle today , i think this is not a conventional reverb plugin , i found this concept original , i don't think it is a bad plugin ,i think sometime it does the work and sometime not...
In what way is it not a "conventional" reverb plugin? Turn off everything else and listen to just the reverb.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghettosynth wrote:
hivkorn wrote:I have play a little bit with Oracle today , i think this is not a conventional reverb plugin , i found this concept original , i don't think it is a bad plugin ,i think sometime it does the work and sometime not...
In what way is it not a "convetional" reverb plugin? Turn off everything else and listen to just the reverb.
I mean it is not a reverb like Tsar 1 ...It is not made to mix a whole album on every track , i will use it only for sound design..

If you want an unconventional reverb, I highly recommend Diffuse by Surreal Machines for the price. I picked it up during its release flash sale, and it has a really weird learning curve, but you can get some very interesting sounds. Right now it's around $60, I believe. But it would still be a better bargain than $13 for Oracle, haha.

hivkorn wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
In what way is it not a "convetional" reverb plugin? Turn off everything else and listen to just the reverb.
I mean it is not a reverb like Tsar 1 ...It is not made to mix a whole album on every track , i will use it only for sound design..
No, it's not that, that's for sure. I think that they intend it to be though. I'm impressed that people are buying this. It gives me hope that there is still room in the plugin market for new products that aren't very good.

BRBWaffles wrote:
If you want an unconventional reverb, I highly recommend Diffuse by Surreal Machines for the price. I picked it up during its release flash sale, and it has a really weird learning curve, but you can get some very interesting sounds. Right now it's around $60, I believe. But it would still be a better bargain than $13 for Oracle, haha.
Yeah, I didn't like that much either, but I agree that it's more interesting than Oracle. Another unconventional sound design verb that's 32 bit only, but markedly better than Oracle is Dreamscape.

http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/2 ... Dreamscape

Keep in mind, that I don't think that it's a very good verb either, but it's much more capable than Oracle as a flexible sound design tool. I got it on sale for a fiver or so some time back, it was worth that for sure. It's probably unique enough that the asking price isn't too bad if you don't mind 32bit.

ghettosynth wrote:
hivkorn wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
No, it's not that, that's for sure. I think that they intend it to be though. I'm impressed that people are buying this. It gives me hope that there is still room in the plugin market for new products that aren't very good.
I used to by their plugins during the intro price , their compressor Cyclone is pretty good , i will not say it is a bad plugin but only different , i have found interesting preset for my needs during my first try with it...
After , it's all about our own vision / taste , i like to have weird /tweakable plugings.I have a few very good reverb but not really friend when it come to make weird stuff with it.

Don't forget smartelectronix ambience
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

i got Ambience too but if my memory are good there is no 64 bit VST version

Well thanks for the wanting. I'll keep using TAL Reverb II, III and IV. < Great. :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Or use good hardware, and be happy. Frankly, I would love to only use plugins, but reverb plugins are just still not there yet. I've spent months comparing ITB and OTB reverbs, and have used and / or own most plugin reverbs, and many of the classic hardware reverbs. There is still a difference that is very relevant to my ears.

Thank you for saving me the time of testing this one as well! It was almost depressing to test all those flat and strange sounding software reverbs. I am glad I can pass this one.
Last edited by Rumi on Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

Hey yea if your flow works with hardware that's the way to do it. But you know the diffs don't matter much to the peeps listening to the final mix right? And sometimes it wont make sense to go outside the box when you got big projects that need more sends than you got hardware. Aint nothin fast about freeze and bounce man. Guess that's why plugs like this happen... all those plugs? If you use good ones? They're gonna eat your cpu alive.

Armagibbon wrote: Hey yea if your flow works with hardware that's the way to do it. But you know the diffs don't matter much to the peeps listening to the final mix right? And sometimes it wont make sense to go outside the box when you got big projects that need more sends than you got hardware. Aint nothin fast about freeze and bounce man. Guess that's why plugs like this happen... all those plugs? If you use good ones? They're gonna eat your cpu alive.
I have several hardware reverbs that have AES (TC 6000, Kurzweil KSP-8, Sony DRE-S777, Bricasti M7, Yamaha SPX 2000, Behringer V-Verbs). In Repaer, I use ReaInsert for latency-compensated integration. It is like a plugin, it only sounds better! ;)
With other boxes (480L etc.), it indeed takes a bit longer to integrate them. But then again, I'm also faster mixing on the analog mixing desk than ITB, go figure. You simply get to a good sound quicker, and there's much less fiddling around.

I am one of those who believes that people do hear the difference. My customers do, and I've been in the business commercially for over 20 years (http://www.pilgrimstudio.ch).

I am actually concerned that even plugin developers nowadays don't know anymore how good hardware sounds. That shifts the whole industry to "bedroom producer" level. But I know that this might sound elitarian, and I don't intend to cause a shitstorm. But I am concerned about where this industry is heading, also in this regard.

But this is all heavily OT, and I will stop now. I just highly recommend to try out a good hardware reverb. It is also good for ear training, if nothing else.
Last edited by Rumi on Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

Rumi wrote:
Armagibbon wrote:Hey yea if your flow works with hardware that's the way to do it. But you know the diffs don't matter much to the peeps listening to the final mix right? And sometimes it wont make sense to go outside the box when you got big projects that need more sends than you got hardware. Aint nothin fast about freeze and bounce man. Guess that's why plugs like this happen... all those plugs? If you use good ones? They're gonna eat your cpu alive.
I have several hardware reverbs that have AES (TC 6000, Kurzweil KSP-8, Sony DRE-S777, Bricasti M7, Yamaha SPX 2000, Behringer V-Verbs). In Repaer, I use ReaInsert for latency-compensated integration. It is like a plugin, it only sounds better! ;)
With other boxes (480L etc.), it indeed takes a bit longer to integrate them. But then again, I'm also faster mixing on the analog mixing desk than ITB, go figure. You simply get to a good sound quicker, and there's much less fiddling around.

I am one of those who believes that people do hear the difference. My customers do, and I've been in the business commercially for over 20 years (http://www.pilgrimstudio.ch).

I am actually concerned that even plugin developers nowadays don't know anymore how good hardware sounds. That shifts the whole industry to "bedroom producer" level. But I know that this might sound elitarian, and I don't intend to cause a shitstorm. But I am concerned about where this industry is heading, also in this regard.

But this is all heavily OT, and I will stop now. I just highly recommend to try out a good hardware reverb. It is also good for ear training, if nothing else.

Nobody gives a shit brother. You're in the wrong place. This is a website about plugins in a thread about a shitty plugin. A lot of us ALSO have hardware and we disagree with your conclusions overall. Some hardware sounds better than some software, some software sounds better than some hardware. I'm not sure what you think that reverb hardware is? In essence, it's most often a plugin running on a dedicated computer. To the extent that it is better it's most likely not technology but rather business decisions that are the reason. Hardware can be sold at good profit without risk of loss to piracy.

ghettosynth wrote: Nobody gives a shit brother. You're in the wrong place. This is a website about plugins in a thread about a shitty plugin. A lot of us ALSO have hardware and we disagree with your conclusions overall. Some hardware sounds better than some software, some software sounds better than some hardware. I'm not sure what you think that reverb hardware is? In essence, it's most often a plugin running on a dedicated computer. To the extent that it is better it's most likely not technology but rather business decisions that are the reason. Hardware can be sold at good profit without risk of loss to piracy.
I will do my best to respond to the things you bring up.

I didn't write about "some". I wrote about good hardware. The best reverb plugins to my ears are not as useful and good sounding as a Behringer V-Verb, for example, which you can get for a few dollars on ebay, or an SPX 2000, which goes on ebay for around $300. All in all, though, plugins are much less expensive than say a TC System 6000 or a Bricasti, which of course is a factor. But even if you can't afford them, I would still recommend to try them out. You will probably learn something, and it might actually improve your usage of the plugins you own.

Hardware reverbs are not similar to plugins. Plugins need to run on a machine that was designed to be used in an office, to write letters etc. A dedicated hardware reverb has DSP that is specially and specificly designed to do reverb, and nothing else. Take a look into the DRE-S777, for example, or the M7, to get an impression of what is involved. This is not "a plugin running on a kind of PC". Don't underestimate the word "dedicated" in your reply!

And yes, I am fully aware that this is a forum about plugins. I expressed some concerns about plugins becoming the sole orientation, and furthermore gave a recommendation. If you don't care, this is your decision, and I fully respect that. I wouldn't express your opinion with such general words as "nobody" and "we", though, but that again is also your decision.
Last edited by Rumi on Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Effects”