Soundspot Oracle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wow i regret my post ...it seems everything suck regarding your posts...
enjoys it or not , but I have buy Oracle and enjoys it...the same way i enjoyed Cyclone , Halcyon , Fat Filter (very good!) and overtone....

Don't worry about the self-declared experts, what's important is that you like it.

Then I also wonder how experts have time to write 20.000+ posts on a forum. If they were experts, they would probably be fully booked, either producing, mixing, recording or touring the world.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

You gotta love these forums! I waited a few days to post thinking things might become more civil but that rarely happens here. A few people join in on the "this plugins sucks" bandwagon, then the ever present you can do this with a chain of 6 free plugins comes and then a new guy mistakenly post how he thinks hardware is better and an all out shitstorm ensues(the hardware vs software discussion never goes well). Out of 92 posts not much is even discussed in reference to the original post that there is a new plugin for people to check out. You get a few people who are obvious experts bashing the plugin even though it has a 5 star rating from (120+)people who actually bought the program and like it.
I bought it and like it myself. Is it the best reverb ever? No, it is not. The extra functions and all in one approach make it interesting to me. And its worth is best judged by each individual instead of a few self proclaimed experts. I am just a hobbyist, not in any way a musician or a producer(wannabe, bedroom or actual). The plugin cost about $13 right now which is about the same cost as going to a 2 hour movie, I have already got my 2 hours of experimenting with it so it was well worth it to me. I think people should check it out and judge for themselves whether it is worth it.
Last edited by bobhva on Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@Hivkorn,

Don't mind all the BS and keep posting what ever you want. I truly appreciate every time someone gives a heads up for a new plugin or a sale. It's easy to miss something new and that's why KVR is a good place to pick up on what's new.

It's like with fine wine. Some people like to talk about it and use big words, all in the intent to show the rest of the world how smart they are, while others just like to drink it and enjoy the taste. I also agree that it's not the best reverb I ever saw but it still has it's value as a creative type of plugin.

As for hardware vs software, please show me any hardware reverb that cost $13 and that sound better, I beg you! Or why not a hardware reverb for $50 that sound better than Valhalla vintage verb? :hihi:
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:Or why not a hardware reverb for $50 that sound better than Valhalla vintage verb? :hihi:
You can almost score a Quadraverb on eBay for $50 - assuming you've already got the PSU. It also assumes you have a hankering to sound like early Autechre.

Gamma-UT wrote:
ATN69 wrote:Or why not a hardware reverb for $50 that sound better than Valhalla vintage verb? :hihi:
You can almost score a Quadraverb on eBay for $50 - assuming you've already got the PSU. It also assumes you have a hankering to sound like early Autechre.
I used to own an Alesis Quadraverb a long time ago and it wasn't bad, but I can't say I was that impressed either. It was what I would call an okay average reverb. But for $50, as you say, you could get a second hand unit, without PSU. Adding the cost of a PSU and its not $50 anymore. Besides from that you have no clue in what condition it might be until you actually see it and test it. That's the limitation of E-bay.

My first ever reverb was actually an Alesis Microverb. It worked fine for a month before it started to produce random noise. I finally returned it to the shop, added money in between and bought the Quadraverb.

I think I stick to my software reverbs because they can do the job without having to buy anything second hand. You have to put up some serious money to buy a hardware reverb that is as tweakable and versatile as many of the software reverbs are.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:I used to own an Alesis Quadraverb a long time ago and it wasn't bad, but I can't say I was that impressed either. It was what I would call an okay average reverb.
I wasn't being entirely serious. However, it is a unit that Sean said he wouldn't go out of his way to emulate because the secondhand price is only slightly north of the cost of one of his reverbs. And it's a unit that's tricky to copy in the software domain should someone want that Warp Records sound because it doesn't do the verbing in the same way as the higher-end vintage verbs. So, it is in that class of hardware verbs that don't have an obvious equivalent in software.

starflakeprj wrote:Don't worry about the self-declared experts, what's important is that you like it.
Unfortunately, in this case buying what you like is putting money directly into the hands of a developer who seems to be getting worse and worse at their job. Soundspot has gotten to the point where they don't even seem to care if their plugins are crap, they'll still charge out the nose for them. It's a business practice that should stop. Oracle has an outrageous retail price for the quality, even at $13. Soundspot has gone full Waves.

As far as most of us have determined, this plugin is akin to snake oil. Giving them more money to develop more trash seems like a very bad idea.

I think they got the general idea with Oracle - the reverb does has a metal sound, which is not unpleasant, but limits the textures you can get out of it. however i have been able to get some good results with post-EQ and some resonant filtering (acon defilter) to get more of a concrete and wood/mutted tone to the reverb. I think if they added a good quality post-EQ with at least 6 bands to Oracle it would be much more usable. but doing so with an external EQ also works if its on an aux. definitely a no brainer for $13. Oracle also has a very pleasing modulation motion to it which I dont hear too often and can be useful for creating more ethereal reverbs.

With several of the reverb engines in parallel, they would probably do better to sell it as a resonator with LFO and flanging. As a reverb, it is hard to like: I was "impressed" by the ease with which it could make the source sound out of tune.
Last edited by Gamma-UT on Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BRBWaffles wrote:
starflakeprj wrote:Don't worry about the self-declared experts, what's important is that you like it.
Unfortunately, in this case buying what you like is putting money directly into the hands of a developer who seems to be getting worse and worse at their job. Soundspot has gotten to the point where they don't even seem to care if their plugins are crap, they'll still charge out the nose for them. It's a business practice that should stop. Oracle has an outrageous retail price for the quality, even at $13. Soundspot has gone full Waves.

As far as most of us have determined, this plugin is akin to snake oil. Giving them more money to develop more trash seems like a very bad idea.
it is a CREATIVE reverb , no one forced you to buy it.
I see you mentioned Waves , do you have a problem with Waves plugin or it's just to talk like an expert ?

if fabfilter add an LFO or a modulation input to Pro Q do you know they could call it ' creative filter ' ?

SoundSpot don't deserve this bashing , this is just insane.

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

hivkorn wrote:
BRBWaffles wrote:

it is a CREATIVE reverb , no one forced you to buy it.
I see you mentioned Waves , do you have a problem with Waves plugin or it's just to talk like an expert ?

if fabfilter add an LFO or a modulation input to Pro Q do you know they could call it ' creative filter ' ?

SoundSpot don't deserve this bashing , this is just insane.
It's also advertised as being a "one stop shop for all your creative reverb needs". Which is false advertising at best, and being an apologist for bad business only adds to the problem. If the reverb itself sucks, it's not a "one stop shop". You're right, nobody is being forced to buy it. It doesn't make the business practices acceptable, and far as I can tell SoundSpot is mostly being kept afloat by customer naivety and inexperience. I mean, hell, their first review touted it as "the best reverb [he] had ever used". If that's the case, then that user's inexperience is clear as a bell.

It's not a good reverb. Soundspot themselves has given statements to several people since release that new algorithms are being explored. So, clearly even they understand the massive blunder on their part. At least two KVR users who bought the plugin ended up changing their minds about its quality and said that, yes, it indeed sucks.

Companies with outrageously poor business practices should be boycotted. That's how the market works, and continuing to invest money toward bad companies only serves to make sure the market doesn't work properly. If you go ahead and buy shitty products from a company that actively lies to you, those behaviours will never improve.

Also, I have no problem with Waves' plugins. I have a problem with their business model, which equally relies on customer naivety and clout in the market to justify prices that are at least two orders of magnitude too high in most cases.

BRBWaffles wrote:

I enjoy Soundspot's plugins and appreciate the low prices. I would buy them up to a price, like all other plugins. My criteria are: 1) how redundant is the plugin to me and 2) the cost (includes price, support, transfer policy, 3rd party support, etc). I take all that into consideration. Even though I own a rather large library of plugins, I still find Soundspot's plugins to offer something different, interesting and musical to me especially at the prices they've set so far. But of course everyone had a different opinion... this is mine. Proof that there are no absolutes here. :)

Return to “Effects”