T-RackS 5 (5.0.1 update,information about free CS version, release date countdown added)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS T-RackS Saturator X

loungepanda wrote:What's with the EDM parody music used in the trailer?
I thought EDM was a parody..
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

I already have t-racks max, so what are the option for me?
musisikamar.com

"For those that have previous T-RackS versions you'd be able to take advantage of the very low $/€99.99 pre-order pricing and also are able to use JamPoints earned from those previous purchases to get an up to 30% off additionally."

First of all, for me it's roughly 20% more given the current currency exchange (because I'd pay Euro), plus 19% VAT, which doesn't seem that verly low any more. Also, what to do when there are no more JamPoints left, which, assuming the worst possible situation, leaves us with 119€ for a UI update, provided of course that you pre-order! After that it'll be 178,49€ plus VAT, which for me would be 212€. Not the best first impression ...

On the other hand, I'd get EQual, ONE, Dyna-Mu and Master Match, plus I can use all my T-RackS 4 plugins I currently own, which for me being a Deluxe edition user is more or less okay, while for Grand or Max users it is quite a fair deal.

Still, I did hope for something a bit more fair for long term customers.

To sum it up: Not the best offer for me, but all in all I have seen worse, so it's still something I might eventually consider.

Curious about the rest of you guys ;)

xamido wrote:I already have t-racks max, so what are the option for me?
Buy the T-RackS 5 Basic for 100€ plus VAT and use your MAX package inside that.

I take it there will be a free version. Is the DDP export available in all versions?
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

FrankLaVerne wrote:"For those that have previous T-RackS versions you'd be able to take advantage of the very low $/€99.99 pre-order pricing and also are able to use JamPoints earned from those previous purchases to get an up to 30% off additionally."

First of all, for me it's roughly 20% more given the current currency exchange (because I'd pay Euro), plus 19% VAT, which doesn't seem that verly low any more. Also, what to do when there are no more JamPoints left, which, assuming the worst possible situation, leaves us with 119€ for a UI update, provided of course that you pre-order! After that it'll be 178,49€ plus VAT, which for me would be 212€. Not the best first impression ...

On the other hand, I'd get EQual, ONE, Dyna-Mu and Master Match, plus I can use all my T-RackS 4 plugins I currently own, which for me being a Deluxe edition user is more or less okay, while for Grand or Max users it is quite a fair deal.

Still, I did hope for something a bit more fair for long term customers.

To sum it up: Not the best offer for me, but all in all I have seen worse, so it's still something I might eventually consider.

Curious about the rest of you guys ;)
30% additional discount is quite a bit (almost one third off additionally) for our long-term customers to get, which new users cannot. I, or IK to be more precise, cannot control the fact that your government charges taxes nor control exchange rates - we aren't fans of those things either but we must comply with the law. I don't believe that those factors should be a first impression of IK, but an impression of your government. We are offering up to 30% off additionally for loyal customers - from an already low price.

Upgrade pricing has always been whack, and backwards. T-RackS MAX - 33 processors. Doesn't matter how many you already own (I'm missing 4 of them), upgrade price - €199.99. Someone who owns 0 modules, upgrade price €199.99 (from another product of €99.99). Yeah, seems legit :dog:

Makes no sense that someone who put money into acquiring modules gets a worse deal than someone who owns nothing in said bundle. Makes no sense there aren't upgrades from the different bundles (grand, etc) with tiered pricing. Makes no sense the upgrade price isn't lower the more products in the bundle you own. Literally the opposite of loyalty discounts. Well done :clap:

but, but m'uh jampoints :help:

do_androids_dream wrote:I take it there will be a free version. Is the DDP export available in all versions?
In any free CS version, there will likely be limitations as well as lacking the four new modules. The specific details of a free version are not available at this time. For full features and the new modules, the best bet is to preorder at $/€99.99 (or the T-RackS 5 MAX $/€199.99 upgrade if that is applicable).

I'm still non the wiser whether you can just upgrade your existing t-racks 4 plugins to their version 5 equivalents for free even if you don't get anything new, or you have to buy something.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:The specific details of a free version are not available at this time. For full features and the new modules, the best bet is to preorder at $/€99.99 (or the T-RackS 5 MAX $/€199.99 upgrade if that is applicable).
Hmmm, so you can't tell us what we may or may not get for free, so we'd be better off buying the €99+VAT upgrade just to be sure? I have a whole bunch of T-Racks stuff so it would be good to know. I don't really want (or need) to pay money to get the V5 equivalent of all my existing T-Racks 4 modules.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote:I'm still non the wiser whether you can just upgrade your existing t-racks 4 plugins to their version 5 equivalents for free even if you don't get anything new, or you have to buy something.
You actually have to buy at least the Basic version for 99,99€ plus VAT (where applicable) to use your existing V4 plugins in V5.

cprompt wrote:I'm still non the wiser whether you can just upgrade your existing t-racks 4 plugins to their version 5 equivalents for free even if you don't get anything new, or you have to buy something.
There is no specific feature set for a free version at this time. To get the four new modules and other features of T-RackS 5 you'd want to pre-order the new version.

FrankLaVerne wrote:
You actually have to buy at least the Basic version for 99,99€ plus VAT (where applicable) to use your existing V4 plugins in V5.
I don't believe this is true. I think they're saying your v4 plugs will update to v5 (with the v5 CS installer in your account after it's released), and the $99 intro price is just for the 4 new plugins. :tu:
Chris H.

OK, I think I have got this right (PM me if not):

Edit: updated on 18 September
Last edited by DarkStar on Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

FrankLaVerne wrote:
xamido wrote:I already have t-racks max, so what are the option for me?
Buy the T-RackS 5 Basic for 100€ plus VAT and use your MAX package inside that.
Okay, that makes sense for me. So basically i'm paying 100 bucks for 4 new effects and the t-racks shell.
musisikamar.com

Return to “Effects”