T-RackS 5 (5.0.1 update,information about free CS version, release date countdown added)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS T-RackS Saturator X

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:There is no specific feature set for a free version at this time. To get the four new modules and other features of T-RackS 5 you'd want to pre-order the new version.
Ok, thanks Peter, that's the first confirmed piece of information for current T-Racks owners other than "buy the upgrade".

So... other than the four new modules, the resizable UIs and the absence of the dinosaur, are there any benefits of the V5 modules over their V4 equivalents? Better CPU? More features? Better sound? I don't fancy paying to get V5 of modules I already own if there's no real tangible benefits over what I've currently got.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Prices seem kinda high for existing T-Racks owners... there should be a more affordable upgrade option.. I own TRacks Deluxe and I have to pay $199 for the next Deluxe version? Or $99 will take me there?

^^^^
€199, but you get 12 new modules. v5 Deluxe is more like the v4 Grand.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

nickamandote wrote:Prices seem kinda high for existing T-Racks owners... there should be a more affordable upgrade option.. I own TRacks Deluxe and I have to pay $199 for the next Deluxe version? Or $99 will take me there?
Looks like Deluxe v5 includes more plugin than v3/4? I'm hesitant to upgrade in case a 'free' version becomes available that will run my existing plugins. Like what happened with Sampletank 3.

DarkStar wrote:^^^^
What's the point in the Deluxe upgrade when MAX is the same price?

Case in point.

nickamandote wrote:Prices seem kinda high for existing T-Racks owners... there should be a more affordable upgrade option.. I own TRacks Deluxe and I have to pay $199 for the next Deluxe version? Or $99 will take me there?
Your current processors will work in T-RackS 5 so you'd want to get the $/€99.99 version to use those processors you currently have (plus the new processors and features) in T-RackS 5. If there are some you'd like, you can either buy those a la carte or I'd consider the $/€199.99 T-RackS 5 MAX upgrade since that could be a much better deal depending on your needs and what you already have and what you want.

audiosabre wrote:

Case in point.
That depends on which additional modules you want - have a look at my comparison chart on page 4.
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:
audiosabre wrote:

Case in point.
That depends on which additional modules you want - have a look at my comparison chart on page 4.
Isn't it painstakingly obvious? No charts required.

^^^
Not to everybody.
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Your current processors will work in T-RackS 5 so you'd want to get the $/€99.99 version to use those processors you currently have (plus the new processors and features) in T-RackS 5.
So that would give:
-- 4 new powerful modules: Master Match, Dyna-Mu, EQual, ONE,
-- Fully redesigned, fully resizable, flexible interface with faster workflow,
-- New audiophile-grade audio engine, completely improved from input to output,
-- Enhanced, extensive broadcast ready professional metering tools,
-- Album assembly with multi-format file export

A couple of questions:
-- how do my current processors use the new audio engine?
-- how is the workflow made faster?
-- from the web pages, it looks like the 4 new modules and the Metering will run in T-RackS Custom Shop; is that correct?
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:^^^
Not to everybody.
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Your current processors will work in T-RackS 5 so you'd want to get the $/€99.99 version to use those processors you currently have (plus the new processors and features) in T-RackS 5.
So that would give:
-- 4 new powerful modules: Master Match, Dyna-Mu, EQual, ONE,
-- Fully redesigned, fully resizable, flexible interface with faster workflow,
-- New audiophile-grade audio engine, completely improved from input to output,
-- Enhanced, extensive broadcast ready professional metering tools,
-- Album assembly with multi-format file export

A couple of questions:
-- how do my current processors use the new audio engine?
-- how is the workflow made faster?
-- from the web pages, it looks like the 4 new modules and the Metering will run in T-RackS Custom Shop; is that correct?
1. The audio engine itself is updated therefore the existing plugins take advantage of the higher quality engine
2. I would take a look at the video page as there are two walkthrough videos that would show much of the workflow (plus the GUI shots and the information on the main T-RackS page about being in a single window, etc)
3. There is not specific information about a free CS version at this time, if that is what you mean. The four new modules need to be purchased as part of one of the versions available for preorder at this time so you'd use them in/as part of T-RackS 5, T-Racks 5 Deluxe, or T-Racks 5 MAX
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Q: Will the upgrades become available through Custom Shop (i.e. using gear credits) at some point?

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:For those that have previous T-RackS versions you'd be able to take advantage of the very low $/€99.99 pre-order pricing
ROFL! How is that different for me who spent 1000$ on T-Racks from someone
who is buying it today for the same exact price? Were you serious or joking?
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

BasariStudios wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:For those that have previous T-RackS versions you'd be able to take advantage of the very low $/€99.99 pre-order pricing
ROFL! How is that different for me who spent 1000$ on T-Racks from someone
who is buying it today for the same exact price? Were you serious or joking?
You can take up to 30% off additionally with JamPoints accrued from previous purchases, which new users cannot do. No need to be insulting, I am not joking and almost a third off is a pretty good deal when the price is already a very low price.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
30% additional discount is quite a bit (almost one third off additionally) for our long-term customers to get, which new users cannot. I, or IK to be more precise, cannot control the fact that your government charges taxes nor control exchange rates - we aren't fans of those things either but we must comply with the law. I don't believe that those factors should be a first impression of IK, but an impression of your government. We are offering up to 30% off additionally for loyal customers - from an already low price.[/quote]

Where is the 30% Discount? Mine is 99$ and minues some Jam Points i have.

I found it...what a sad day, it does not even let me use additional 9 Jam points from
a purchase before to which i am entitled to, it is capped at 30%. God Damn!

Return to “Effects”