PaulStretch3 preview(12) release

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:What's the relation of the movement of the marker from that point with the processing that's occurring?
The playposition cursor is pretty erratic with the larger FFT sizes (the file reading needs to be done in big chunks, it doesn't help much if the playcursor is drawn more often), especially when the looping is turned on. Depending on how the FFT size and the loop length are related, the playcursor can appear to be static, move forwards or backwards but that doesn't have much to do with the actual audio. I can attempt to make the playcursor correspond a bit more to the output audio but that might turn out to be a big mess itself, so I am not promising that will happen. Users may have to live with the strangely behaving playcursor. :P

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

had an earlier beta version working fine, but the newest crashes when i press play every time. great program though!

had an earlier beta version working fine, but the newest crashes when i press play every time. great program though!
I have exactly the same problem in W10 X64 (v 1703) with my soundcard, in ASIo mode or Windows mode

already tried to delete the preferences in %APPDATA%, but every time i press play, it crashes

I can help debug the program if needed as it's my daily job ....

thx

lxegs wrote:
I have exactly the same problem in W10 X64 (v 1703) with my soundcard, in ASIo mode or Windows mode

already tried to delete the preferences in %APPDATA%, but every time i press play, it crashes

thx
Same here win7 x64 crashes as soon as I press play.
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

This is just the mentallist thing ever.. just massive thanks to the main man here..

Hey, were you aware that the FFT size range has dramatically reduced in the beta5?
In beta4 the FFT window range goes from 0.016419 seconds (86.133 Hz) to 67.252 seconds (0.021029 Hz) just over a minute! :)

In beta5 we got 0.003 seconds (172.3 Hz) to 2.972 seconds (0.2 Hz) - 3 seconds :(

Any chance this can be extended again?

shroom81 wrote:
lxegs wrote:

thx
Same here win7 x64 crashes as soon as I press play.
Yep, same here. win7 x64. I was going to post it but thought that maybe it would just get sorted out in the next release.

OK, thanks for the bug reports, I will have to see if there's anything to be done. :-/ (It's difficult to fix anything when things are not crashing here...)

The FFT window sizes can probably be increased again but there are some additional problems that I have to check.

Xenakios wrote:OK, thanks for the bug reports, I will have to see if there's anything to be done. :-/ (It's difficult to fix anything when things are not crashing here...)
Any suggestions for testing that will help you out? I assume that the source isn't self contained, i.e., that I would have to setup pointers to the JUCE source, but is there a build file in there and do you think that it will build with VS2012? Are there any other dependencies that are a pain to setup? If I'm honest, I'd rather not spend time building it, but I do want to see this get resolved.

ghettosynth wrote:Any suggestions for testing that will help you out?
I tested it with different FFT window sizes: no dice!

this is what I get when pressing the play button…

Dyld Error Message:
    Symbol not found: ___sincos_stret
    Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Beta 5 crashes for me (Win10 64) on play/render, beta 4 works fine.

Great work on the new versions, nice to see Paulstretch getting updates!

Working fine for me here so far with the little time I've had with it.

I just wanted to say thank you for picking up the paulstretch torch. The realtime editing is great and I look forward to seeing where this goes as paulstretch is killer.

rockbottom wrote: Dyld Error Message:
    Symbol not found: ___sincos_stret
    Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
This would seem to indicate a problem in the OS-X version, which one are you using?

For people who are getting crashes when starting play : can you go into the Menu/Audio hardware settings and see

-Do the settings look reasonable (is there a proper audio device selected, output channels are enabled etc)?
-Can you play the test sound (should be a clean sine wave)?

Return to “Effects”