Ozone 8 & Neutron 2 announced for October 2017

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Neutron 3 Standard Ozone 8 Standard

I think an issue for MPB2 owners (such as myself after the recent crossgrade sale) is that they stuffed RX into the new bundle, I'd rather pay less and just get the O8/N2, but, then I'd be in a position of having MPB2 + the O8/N2 as separate, meaning, the future upgrade paths might be worse off and fractured compared to owning the new bundle. I don't see any guarantee that there will be future crossgrade paths specifically for MPB2+O8/N2. They obviously ran a sale on crossgrades to MPB2 right before the announcement, and they threw RX in the new bundle to be able to raise the price to upgrade to the new bundle to 300$. But then I'd be paying for something I didn't ask for or sought out, so they've created an uncomfortable choice.

DarkStar wrote:
MogwaiBoy wrote:
Kode wrote:deal with 2 instalations, two serials, two problems.
Not to mention uninstalling Ozone 7 Advanced, if you installed it to a custom (not default) directory, can do something awful to your computer - atleast that's what I was told by iZotope.
Details, please
I'm not sure about any of that but I do know uninstalling iZotope is a pain. Anything that I uninstall also has to be removed from the registry or it continues to open in the "updates" window. I also just uninstalled Ozone 5 Standard but the dll remained in my vst directory and loaded in Wavelab seemingly without any functional issues.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

SLiC wrote:So its like....Dear Customers
Sorry we tried to rip you off
I hear you but is there any other way to correct an error in judgement? I'm not sure whether they did or didn't try to rip customers off so it comes down to how happy people are to make assumptions without facts. Not having a go at you at all, just pondering the topic you raised.

For the record I tend to feel the same as you but try to regulate that as I know nothing about their motives. I just upgraded to O8AN2A from O5S and N1S. Main reason why I stuck it out so long is they pissed me off with the O6 upgrade debacle but after I tried the new version I thought it was time. I still think the price is a bit over the top but having held out so long on the Ozone upgrade train I suppose I saved a few bucks there so..........
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

mrj1nx wrote:I think an issue for MPB2 owners (such as myself after the recent crossgrade sale) is that they stuffed RX into the new bundle, I'd rather pay less and just get the O8/N2, but, then I'd be in a position of having MPB2 + the O8/N2 as separate, meaning, the future upgrade paths might be worse off and fractured compared to owning the new bundle. I don't see any guarantee that there will be future crossgrade paths specifically for MPB2+O8/N2. They obviously ran a sale on crossgrades to MPB2 right before the announcement, and they threw RX in the new bundle to be able to raise the price to upgrade to the new bundle to 300$. But then I'd be paying for something I didn't ask for or sought out, so they've created an uncomfortable choice.
Exactly my point! :clap:

samsam wrote:Watched Sonicstate last night and they discussed O8.

Weirdly enough, rather than ranting they were still speaking positively of the new features.
They honestly indicate that iZotope is their sponsor. Figure yourself.

Add me to the disappointed crowd. I think this is the first time I have ever complained online about upgrade pricing in my life.

I recently bought RX6 (2 months). I also recently bought music production bundle 2. In fact, i bought MPB2 before the sale on it started, 2.5 months ago to be exact. Yet, there is no option for me to upgrade to the suite that takes into account I already own RX6!
I only have the same $300 option as everyone else..

The other option lets me upgrade to ozone 8 and Neutron 8 bundle for $199.. but this will mean, I will need to keep upgrading separate products rather than izotope allowing me to consolidate my bundle. The latter is annoying enough for me to leave the izotope train for good. I am far from alone in this.. I don't think I have ever seen as many disgruntled online voices about an upgrade price as I have seen for this. Surely we must have a legitimate grievance since there are so many of us complaining? I mean, seriously, how is this fair? How can a company I just spent all that money with, not be reasonable with upgrade prices?

Not only that, many developers offer a grace period, which is what izotope should do also.

Well, RX6 is an essential product for me, but the rest aren't. I only really use the maximiser in ozone 7. The tape is outdone by almost all others, the dynamic eq is very basic, and the static EQ is no match for ProQ2. The dynamics, in my opinion, are also outdone with pro-MB which has both upwards and downwards gating over multiple bands. Ozone and neutron seem to offer an all in one solution, but unfortunately, many of the included plugins are simply outdone by alternatives. Why even go the advanced route? If i was to use individual processors, I would choose many other plugins before i chose the ones izotope provides. I DO use nectar as the pitch shift section is very useful as is the de-esser.

Considering that the loudness war is on it''s way out permanently, IK Multimedia stealth limiter is more than good enough for my needs, and I already own that one.

I like the idea of the tonal balance plugin, but i'm going to skip izotope this time and give my money to the "mastering the mix" people and buy their "reference" plugin. Now that I think about it, izotope might have helped me realise that I really don't want to give them any of my money again. I'm serious..consideration for the customer is one of the most important things for me when I decide who I will do business with.

As to what i think would be fair? A NON time limited upgrade price of $99 - that's the other thing that gets me.. this time limitation, on an upgrade. I can not bear that, especially since it forces those who really want to upgrade, to find money to do it before the price rise, even when we may not have it right now. Considering i have RX6, i would think $99 to take my music production bundle 2 and RX6 to the suite, would also be reasonable, considering i would only gain Ozone 8 and Neutron 2, and LOSE insight. I have been following izotope's patterns, and it seems they stop supporting products on a whim and really do not care less about it. Am I right about this or am I wrong? I do not have the money right now anyway, which means I will need to spend 3 hundred American dollars just to upgrade 2 plugins, if I wanted to do so in say November or December. This is simply unheard of and this company is greedy. A time limitation on upgrade prices.. sheesh.. enough is enough.

Bye Bye izotope. I'll be selling all your products bar RX6 for bargain prices.
Windows 10 Pro|Intel 9960X @ 4.4 GHZ|128GB Corsair|16TB SSD|AMD 5700XT|Gigabyte Designare|Avid HDX x2|Antelope Orion 32HD x2|Pro Tools 2019.12

akeia wrote:

Weirdly enough, rather than ranting they were still speaking positively of the new features.

So your response is that Izotope is their sponsor therefore these jobbing professionals are spouting sh1te for money? Personally, looking at those guys, I doubt it.

I already have O7 advanced and Neutron 1, which I like big time.

All the same, it'll cost £230 to upgrade to the O8N2 bundle, which is a lot, considering what else I might spend £230 on???

Even upgrading to just O8 advanced is £112.

But I do like the Tonal Balance control, and using it to reference favourite tracks 8)

So the question is: Is it worth £112 :-|

I don't see any great need for the rest of O8, as O7 is pretty good already.

And although the O8N2 link looks fine, I suspect I can live without it.

frustrated = kev

What's the reaction on other forums? Are they cheering or booing?

After looking around at other similar products, I can see Izotope are keeping parity with Slate and Fabfilter prices, so I can't imagine them altering their prices.

The O8N2 deal would have been better timed for Christmas when people have money to spend.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

The RRP (not sale prices) of the new iZotope stuff ends up much higher than fabfilter, and much more so when you factor in fabfilter's much appreciated loyalty discounts. Slate artificially jacked their prices to make their subscription look more (financially) valuable.

Let's break it down this way: $300 for MPB2 to MPS. Let's say $100 a product (Ozone - update, Neutron - update & RX6 - new [to me]). I can get a brand new fabfilter plugin on release for that money, with the loyalty discount. Not a minor update for $100, a NEW product that I don't own yet, that usually becomes indispensable in my arsenal. Now consider iZotope's RRP is almost twice this :o

I don't see parity here, I see a jacking of prices, probably to line those investors pockets, as mentioned a few pages back.

Just my opinion. Take it with a pinch of salt.

samsam wrote:
akeia wrote:

So your response is that Izotope is their sponsor therefore these jobbing professionals are spouting sh1te for money? Personally, looking at those guys, I doubt it.
No. I said everyone should incorporate the business relationship with iZotope in the assessment of their judgement about the product. I have no problem with such (possible) influences when they are known. I can adjust my personal judgement and assume every user of this forum does the same.

To assume "honesty" in marketing seems innocent to me. Lets assume we want to push product on Youtube. What would be the best way? We could use a variation of the boy band model! Different characters for different tastes and wallet sizes alternate in the videocast. Some of them are more critical. Some like everything. Some are grumpy old men. These have often a big name but are invited only at rare intervals. Seems familiar? End result: a lot of positive product information pushed and product-customer contact maximized. Everyone is happy :D

audiosabre wrote:I see a jacking of prices, probably to line those investors pockets, as mentioned a few pages back.
Me too, that´s why I won´t purchase this "upgrade".

Coming from MBP2 I would have gone for it paying 100$ with a lot of pain, for 50$ with a big smile - now I just won't update at all.

I own all Fabfilter plugins (apart from the Reverb which might follow at some point for another 100$ if you own anything else - what is not a no brainer but fair for a complete new plugin of a company that released only top notch plugins and updates them as well!).

I use Ozone 7, i use Neutrons Track Assistant to get some ideas, usually replacing it with FF plugins. I love Insight, Nectar is used when needed, never opened RX until now. Thought I might use Vocalsynth a lot when buying, but it turns out I hardly ever use it. Same for Trasher.

So all I am really interested in is being able to tell the Track Assistant what kind of instrument I'm going for, since it still (in N2!) recognizes a Bass as Drums/Percussions. But this should have been implemented from the first day, not paid for afterwards.

Don't care too much for the other features, although Ozones Assistant is a nice addon.

So I am skipping at least this time. May be forever.

And yes I played around with it for some hours.

Edit: I stated this before: "Which showed no improvement on latency issues when sidechaining from an external source in FL Studio BTW." That's still true but not Izotopes failure. FL f**ks it up - even with native plugins. Never noticed this before, because before Neutron there haven't been THAT massive latencies on my channels. But I don't mind them in mixing process. So sorry Izotope for blaming you instead of IL. :ud:
Last edited by Warehouseparty on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WIN10 / FL Studio 12.4
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz / 12 GB DDR3 RAM / AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 28" 4k screen

mrj1nx wrote:I think an issue for MPB2 owners (such as myself after the recent crossgrade sale) is that they stuffed RX into the new bundle, I'd rather pay less and just get the O8/N2, but, then I'd be in a position of having MPB2 + the O8/N2 as separate, meaning, the future upgrade paths might be worse off and fractured compared to owning the new bundle. I don't see any guarantee that there will be future crossgrade paths specifically for MPB2+O8/N2. They obviously ran a sale on crossgrades to MPB2 right before the announcement, and they threw RX in the new bundle to be able to raise the price to upgrade to the new bundle to 300$. But then I'd be paying for something I didn't ask for or sought out, so they've created an uncomfortable choice.
Agreed. It's a holistic problem not just about this upgrade but their history of upgrades and abandonment. There is a known risk they are asking us to take and there is no assurance (that there is a planned upgrade path) or compensation (further discounts on MPS) for it. People have had to repurchase products; that's the cost I'm factoring in. I am a betting person but I don't like the odds.

Trash 2 and Nectar haven't received feature updates in two years, but it's likely Vocalsynth will see a new version. Since Music Production Bundle is dead, what is the upgrade path a year from now when O9/N3 and Vocalsynth 2 drop? How does one crossgrade from 2 separate products when iZotope has historically provided no such path?

How does the Limiter in Ozone 8 compare the one in Ozone7.
many People praised the ozone7 limiter.I liked it when I demoed it.
I think bmanic liked it.

yellowmix wrote:
Agreed. It's a holistic problem not just about this upgrade but their history of upgrades and abandonment. There is a known risk they are asking us to take and there is no assurance (that there is a planned upgrade path) or compensation (further discounts on MPS) for it. People have had to repurchase products; that's the cost I'm factoring in. I am a betting person but I don't like the odds.

Trash 2 and Nectar haven't received feature updates in two years, but it's likely Vocalsynth will see a new version. Since Music Production Bundle is dead, what is the upgrade path a year from now when O9/N3 and Vocalsynth 2 drop? How does one crossgrade from 2 separate products when iZotope has historically provided no such path?
Just got an email from iZotope, thought I’d share:

“To clarify, if you already own Music Production Bundle 2 and RX 6, there’s no need for you to upgrade to Music Production Suite. You would benefit most from purchasing the “O8N2 Bundle: Loyalty Crossgrade from Music Production Bundle 2” for $199. You will qualify for any future upgrade options simply by virtue of owning all of the components of the Music Production Suite. You don’t have to actually own a suite license to qualify.”

Return to “Effects”